Default Favorite foods at CN

For all of you that have been to Couples Negril, what were some of yor=uy favorite, can't miss, foods that you ate while there. Also, what is considered "resort casual" dress for dinner? Would I look out of place if I wore a dress and heels each night?

amanda_1182

A dress and heels is hardly out of place and is commonly seen for evening attire.

Best food!

Attachment 6969
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; June 12th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

OMG...so many choices. The fish fingers at the grill, the pumpkin soup at Otaheite, the sushi at Lychee....everything is delicious.

I've worn dress and heels as well as shorts and sandals to dinner for resort casual dress... depending on my mood that evening. My husband usually wears shorts, a button up shirt and sandals. You will see both at night and neither is out of place. I always take a nice dress and heels for Otaheite.

The sushi appetizer at Lychee is a don't miss for us and the fish sandwich at the beach grill is wonderful
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

Dress and heels is definitely NOT out of place. In fact, I just bought a new summer dress and thought - this will be perfect for our next trip to Couples(CN or CSA)! Typically, I either wore a dress w/heels or dressy capris with nice top & heels. The resort is not large so walking in heels each evening is not a concern.

Favorite foods - EVERYTHING at Otaheite! At Heliconia, beach bar grill during the day - jerk chicken & chicken/beef patties(Jamaican local food - yummy). But seriously, all of their restaurants have outstanding food. Their presentation of ones meals are also superb. Best I've ever eaten at any AI resort.

Jerk Chicken at the Grill for lunch is great! Thursday they have a beach party with local dishes - we love the curry goat! Remember at Otaheite guys must have a collared shirt, long pants, and shoes (not sandals), I saw people that were turned away because the guy did not bring the proper attire. When you go there (make a reservation) let your waiter dictate your meal and you won't be disappointed! I think Friday is still Lobster night.

I wear a sundress or cocktail dress and sandals to dinner every evening. In 17 trips to the various Couples Resorts, I have never worn shorts to dinner.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default The appetizer platter at Lychee

Hi -

My personal favorite is the appetizer platter at Lychee, with several different items on it - spring roll, fish, chicken wing, etc., served with a couple of different dipping sauces.

Add a lychee martini and you'll be in heaven!

Beergirl

Pepper Pot soup at the beach grill. I could eat this stuff even if it was 150 degrees, it's FAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    I wear a sundress or cocktail dress and sandals to dinner every evening. In 17 trips to the various Couples Resorts, I have never worn shorts to dinner.
    I am finishing up my packing now for CN as we leave in the morning. I also always wear a sundress or cocktail dress and sandals and never have or would wear shorts to dinner. Dressing up a bit in the evenings is part of the pleasure for us.

Quote Originally Posted by caviargal View Post
    I am finishing up my packing now for CN as we leave in the morning. I also always wear a sundress or cocktail dress and sandals and never have or would wear shorts to dinner. Dressing up a bit in the evenings is part of the pleasure for us.
    I DO wear shorts for dinner and I see no issue with it them with a nice shirt. I have a few dresses but dressing up is not something either of us do and I saw plenty of women in shorts as well. Whatever you are comfortable with works everywhere except Otaheite and then it does require you to be dressed much nicer.

Default Completely Agree

I also love the appetizer platter at Lychee and the Lychee martini! The jerk chicken at the beach grill is also wonderful.