Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default question about swimwear

Okay, opinions are welcome. This is probably seems like a rather insipid (and vsin) question, but here we go anyway. When is someone too old to wear a bikini? (I am most definitely not refering to a thong of g string) It is of the string variety and shows cleavage and the entire belly area is uncovered, so its not one of the "modest" two pieces that offer a bit of coverage. BTY I am 30, am 5'5", nad weight about 135. I've had a few kids, so there are stretch marks (or battle scars as I call them) scattered about. Yes, I do understand that there is an al naturel beach on premises, and I have no problems with that at all. To each his own, but it's not one of the reasons I chose this resort. Thanks for the imput.

poppy

Does it matter?

Wear what YOU feel comfortable in. It is afterall your vacation so who cares what others think think.

Do you really think someone is going to say "Hey did you see that 5'5" 30 year old with the bikini and battle scars?"

You won't hear it.

Your vacation is all about YOU and your ability to relax and enjoy.

It's all about YOU.

My sister is 52 and I am 50, we both still wear bikinis, not the string kind or a thong, but still a bikini. Are we model perfect, no we are not, but we have never been model perfect, but I don't think anyone would loose their lunch either. I am pretty sure you will be fine, battle scars and all.

The age limit is determined by you, no one else. If you are comfortable wearing a bikini then that is the only thing that matters. No one will give you a second glance, other than to admire a young lady in a bikini. The dimensions you indicated are well within the bounds of looking quite good in a bikini. My wife is... let's just say a few years older than you (don't want to get myself in trouble here) and proudly wears her bikinis to Jamaica. And she still looks quite nice in them by the way.

Wear what YOU like, not what you think others expect you to wear.

Wear those battle scars with pride!! You'll see folks of all shapes, ages, and sizes rockin' their bikini. Go have fun on the textile and an beaches.
    Lew

You wear your bikini! I am 5'7 and weigh 155 and have had kids and also have some stretch marks on my lower belly. I'm wearing mine, I hate one pieces and tankinis when its hot and i really don't think anyone is gonna be looking. Your husband is the only one that matters. It's all about the 2 of you that week anyway. Have fun!!

I'm 45, and I wear string bikinis in Jamaica. The first time we visited Couples in 1998, I wore one-piece swimsuits and felt out of place. Most women wear two-piece swimsuits, even women who are very overweight. You'll be fine.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

When is someone too old to wear a bikini?
    No age limit as far as I'm concerned. You only live once. Enjoy!

If you feel comfortable in it then wear it, Ive looked threw pictures to get an idea of the resort and excursions and Ive seen pictures of ladys that had to be 60 maybe older in string bikinis. Just like Ive seen different body types in them too, it just comes down to what YOU are comfortable in.

Wear what ever you want. You are never too old.
    Irie Mon

I'm in my 40's and don't have a flat enough belly for bikinis anymore, but 30 is not too old for a bikini. If you feel comfortable, then go for it! I'm sure you'll look great! Have fun!

We're leaving tomorrow!!!!! Can't wait!

Julia

Never too old.
    As long as you feel happy with yourself. Feel free to do what makes you feel good.
    I doubt if anyone at Couples would judge you negatively. It seems to me that the entire Raison d'etre of Couples is to be yourself.

In my opinion you are never too old to wear a bikini! If you feel good and comfortable in it then to hell with everyone else...you earned those "battle scars" girl nothing to be ashamed of! I am 39 turning 40 and I still sport my bikini with pride...I so go for it and have fun...

Well I am thinking maybe you have never been to Jamaica or you would not be asking this question! 30 is YOUNG!!! There will be 60 year old women in bikini's there will be 200 Lb women in Bikini's and I at 43 and 3 kids will be in a bikini! I have my share of stretch marks I call it my "road map" and a tummy to go with it. Anything goes in Jamacia!! Bring several string bikini's you will need them. You live it your swim suits! I take 10 swimsuits! Yes really I do!!!

You are never to old to wear what you are comfortable in. I wear one and I am 53.
    Vicky

wow. I guess that my question was more unintelligent than I thought. 219 views and no comments yet. I'm glad I didn't mention my real name. Those who will be at CTI in August that bumped into me would run away! lol

Only 3 months to left!

You sound perfect for a bikini! I am 42 and wish I had your weight. You will see all body types in all sorts of suits and maybe even some topless women on the main beach. Go for it and have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Okay, opinions are welcome. This is probably seems like a rather insipid (and vsin) question, but here we go anyway. When is someone too old to wear a bikini? (I am most definitely not refering to a thong of g string) It is of the string variety and shows cleavage and the entire belly area is uncovered, so its not one of the "modest" two pieces that offer a bit of coverage. BTY I am 30, am 5'5", nad weight about 135. I've had a few kids, so there are stretch marks (or battle scars as I call them) scattered about. Yes, I do understand that there is an al naturel beach on premises, and I have no problems with that at all. To each his own, but it's not one of the reasons I chose this resort. Thanks for the imput.
    You're not too old....I am 31 athletic build and I wear one. You'll be fine! Nobody will have a problem with it. Wear it, have fun and enjoy!
    Erika & Sean

Default Bikinis...

Well...I am out to purchase one for the first time since I was 25 and I am now 44. I am not thin by any means - 5'6" approx 200 lbs and I want one for our next trip. I have also had three kids via C-section and therefore not only have stretch marks but have that "above the line pooch"......

That is the great thing about couples - it really does not matter! I am game - and so should you be!

Go for it!

30! lol I thought you were going to say you were 80 or something.

Wear what you want. 100 or 30 what is the diff?

Wear your bikini with pride, i am 48 and i have bought some very nice ones and will be wearing them.

I too have stretch marks, I am after all a mum and was not one of the lucky ladies who did not get them, I am also not as tall as you and am probably the same weight, I stay away from the scales lol. I hope this makes you feel better, I am sure no one will care, everyone who writes on the M.B sounds very nice.

Big hug Angie x

You are wearing it for your husband. Who cares what anyone else thinks. My wife is 50 and has had six kids. I want her to wear a bikini when we go to Couples. She looks great and it is all about the two of us when we are on vacation. Nobody's opinion matters in this case.

I just heard something new under the health care bill. They are going to start IDing people when purchasing a bikini. You will have to be between the age of 18 and 29 1/2. I can't believe it. Thanks Mr. President.

JUST JOKING THIS IS A JOKE!

No age requirement.

I am 51 and 5 8 135 lbs. But a little self conscious about stomach area. What I like are the cut-out one piece suits. More comfortable and still sexy per my LTR
    friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast