Default CSS Review (the good the bad and the ugly)

Last November on a "Wednesday Special" we booked CSS for a trip in May. After reading more about the stairsteps, the grassy beach, and other things that were different from CSA (We have stayed there tree times before) I was thinking of cancelling. Our daughter, "Docholiday" on the message board, has been to both resorts and was trying to talk us into trying CSS. Our mind was made up when we opened on Christmas Eve when we opened a gift from her with two round trip tickets to Montego bay for the days we had booked!

There are steps, plenty of steps, my wife has a knee replacemnet and they did pose a problem, however taking our time we were able to enjoy all the beauty of CSS.

The beach is much smaller than CSA, but with less people. Always a lounge was available, sometimes it felt like we were the only ones in the water. About the grass. I was expecting it to cover the whole bottom, in reality there are only a few spots that are grassy, most of the beach bottom is sand, not as powdery as CSA, but not in the least bit uncomfortable.

I did prefer the dining at CSA's Feathers and Lemongrass to CSS's Cassanova and Palazzina. HOWEVER all the other dining was far superior at CSS. Breakfast buffet at Palazzina was great and I could have had Jerk and burgers at the grill my entire stay and would have been happy. The Beach and Lawn Party were both fantastic, and of course we did try the convenience of a room service dinner.

At both resorts , all employees seem to make eye contact and greet you with a smile.

We have already booked CSA for December 2010 and December 2011, will we return to CSS? I hope so, we will be on the lookout for specials. Comparing the two resorts is "apples and oranges" we like them both.

In recap the things we were worried about, were there, but did not pose a problem with enjoying the lush beauty of CSS.

Nice review!

We were at CN this past Fall. Going to CSS this October.I have bad knees, and have the same concerns for the steps as you.

We were in CSS in April and I also have bad knees. The second day there we found the elevator. It was not mentioned in our orintation tour. It goes from the top level (Reception area) down to the mineral pool. It saved me a lot of steps. Planning to go back in November, maybe July too.

I should mention that there was a shuttle service to take guests to the top. The steps and stairs are worth taking for the beauty of the resort. Just take your time and enjoy it. We did use the shuttle to go to dinner once and also when we were checking out, all you have to do is call guest services. We will be back!!

Quote Originally Posted by SKUPPLIN View Post
    We were in CSS in April and I also have bad knees. The second day there we found the elevator. It was not mentioned in our orientation tour. It goes from the top level (Reception area) down to the mineral pool. It saved me a lot of steps. Planning to go back in November, maybe July too.
    .....Elevator??? We had a 3rd floor room at CN. All 36 steps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zazu View Post
    I should mention that there was a shuttle service to take guests to the top. The steps and stairs are worth taking for the beauty of the resort. Just take your time and enjoy it. We did use the shuttle to go to dinner once and also when we were checking out, all you have to do is call guest services. We will be back!!
    .....Good deal!!!

There is an elevator at CN???????

To much rum I guess. Never found one. A trip and a stumble and we were always at our room.

That has to be like the tree frog volume control. Couldn't find that either.

There is an elevator across where the spa is to take you to the top also there is a shuttle that you can call and they will pick you up and take you up.
    Dianavr

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    There is an elevator at CN???????

To much rum I guess. Never found one. A trip and a stumble and we were always at our room.

That has to be like the tree frog volume control. Couldn't find that either.
    No elevator at CN, I think they are talking about CSS.....CN is all steps.

We are talking about CSS!
    Dianavr