Default Snorkeling at CSA - Any Sharks??

We are planning a trip to CSA in December for our 20th wedding anniversary and we loooove to snorkel (we live in Florida, so we go often) we have snorkeled in Mexico on the reef there...The only thing that worries me while snorkeling is sharks...anyone seen any at CSA when snorkeling????

Thanks!!

I think there was only one attorney on board our snorkle trip last December. There was a large group of douphins that followed the glass bottom boat. You will enjoy CSA snorkle trips, Marlon and the watersport crew is fantastic. They have several different places to go to, so if you do more than one trip, you can see a different spot. We'll be there in December 2010 also for our anniversary.

I saw a nurse shark while diving. They are no problem though because they are nocturnal and lay on the sandy bottom resting during the day.

we went scuba diving and didn't see any.

Quote Originally Posted by haleyreneeh View Post
    We are planning a trip to CSA in December for our 20th wedding anniversary and we loooove to snorkel (we live in Florida, so we go often) we have snorkeled in Mexico on the reef there...The only thing that worries me while snorkeling is sharks...anyone seen any at CSA when snorkeling????

Thanks!!
    You live in Florida and you're worried about sharks in Jamaica? Florida has much higher shark attack numbers than Jamaica.

According to the International Shark Attack Files there have only been two unprovoked shark attacks in Jamaica and they were in 1922.

As a comparison, there have been 629 attacks in Florida since 1882, including 13 fatal attacks(the last of which was in 2005).

No, I never saw any sharks when diving in Jamaica. Stingray on the other hand were pretty common.

Enjoy the reef down there and don't worry about sharks. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being bitten by a shark.

Default No sharks

We were told there are no sharks at Jamaica, at least not the man eating kind. We've been there twice, once to CN and just recently to CSA. Love them both!! You will have a great time!

Nurse sharks but that is all I know of. They won't hurt you though.

been to Jamaica 10 times and always snorkel and have never ever seen a shark!

Name:  17959_298856680478_541120478_5080464_4734962_n.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  15.0 KBI saw one in 08 but no worries. There is a lot to see. Here are a few.

We were just at CSA and didn't see any sharks while snorkerling. I am terrified of Sharks and was also a little worried about that. The snorkeling was great!

We have been to CSA four times, and we usually snorkel every day. So, on our 32 snorkeling excursions at CSA, we have never seen any type of shark. We did see several sting rays on one snorkel trip in January.

Unfortunately, you are more likely to encounter lion fish than sharks (or even stingrays)... these parasites have taken over on a lot of the reefs.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Never seen a shark in all our travels/snorkeling @ JA (been going since 1987). Land sharks yeah mon . Water sharks, not so much. Enjoy your holiday. No worries. Razzl