Default JUST BOOKED!! Honeymoon at CTI Oct 3-10 2010

YAYYYY! We have been researching for months and just booked our honeymoon at CTI for October! We are an active younger couple who want to experience CTI at its fullest...all veteran cti'ers let us know what is a must do..Hopefully we will see some of you there!

Have you added yourselves to the meet up thread? we'll see you there.

First, congrats on your marriage. We also spent our honeymoon at CTI last November. It was fantastic. Here's what we did as far as activities and we felt it was just the right amount for us.

1. Glass bottom boat trip - it was fun but the water was a little choppy that day. If you get seasick and the water is rough, skip this. Otherwise, go and enjoy the beautiful underwater scenery.
    2. Dunns River Falls - an absolute must!
    3. Horseback riding - there's a lot of stopping and it's mostly horse-walking, but we had a great time and got some superb pictures. Everyone should do this once. And yes, you probably should wear jeans.
    4. Couples massage - 'nuff said
    5. Shopping trip to Ocho - it's fun, doesn't take too long, and it's the best place to buy coffee. Go down to Margaritaville while there if you are so inclined.
    6. Cat cruise - you gotta do this. It's a blast.
    7. Water sports - we only did the sailing because my wife doesn't swim well, but lots of people snorkel or scuba.

How much you do depends on how long you are there. We were there six nights. We did all of this and never felt rushed or felt like we were on a schedule. Most of all...ENJOY!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Thanks for the great advice Janicek..we are so excited!

I have never stayed @ Couples but, I have been to Ocho Rios. Dunns River Falls is definitely a must! I don't know what type of shape you are in but, I will tell u it's too let u know exactly what type of shape u r in later. (lol) I am not in shape but, I loved it. I plan on doing it again when my husband & I come to CTI. I want him to experience it. I also liked the snorkeling. I can't swim at all but, they gave my mother & I life vest. We didn't stay under water long but, it was still a lovely experience. The water was clear and fish were friendly. We also went to Margaritaville and went shopping @ Island Market. I think that's the name of the shopping location. That was nice! I picked out some nice cigars to bring home to my husband and the coffee was excellent. He says that we definitely have to get those 2 items when I come to CTI.

Congratulations! We'll be there at the same time! We'll be on our weddingmoon from teh 7-14!! I can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by funcouple2010 View Post
    Thanks for the great advice Janicek..we are so excited!
    Oh, we left out one........do go to the island, preferably on your first day. Once you go, you'll know why everyone raves about it.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

The only "must do" is to let your worries drift away and spend some quality time with your loved one. This will be trip 7 in Oct and there are things I always see as "must do" that we have passed up each year.

Relax, live, love.

Congrats for your wedding! This is our 3rd visit to CTI - absolutely fab place and people - a place in which we totally relax - I agree with the above.. Duns falls what an experience.. The cat cruise - its good fun and the glass bottom boat awesome too. Golf course is of really high standard and the caddies were also cool. Its our 19th Wedding Anniversary whilst we are there arriving on the 5th thru to 19th Oct - we take advantage of how far we travel and chill for 2 weeks.. bliss! Have fun and perhaps we'll meet there Jules & Leight, Wales UK

Hi Funcouple! We're also a younger couple (mid 20's) honeymooning at CTI oct 3-10. I'm glad you posted this because reading all of the responses is definitely a help! Maybe we can meet up for dinner or an excursion. I just hope these next 3 months can fly by!!!

~ Susie