Default Beach Condition CSA?

11 days can't hardly wait. I was wondering how the beach is currently at CSA? Also do the bars have a list of popular drinks? I know Negril is 100 miles away from Kingston, but has anyone noticed additional security around resort or Negril for that matter? Already booked for next year!

We actually noticed a bit of that last Monday, which also happened to be Labour Day on the island. Security got much more to normal within a few days, till we no longer noticed the difference by week's end.

While the don has not yet been captured or extradited (as of this morning), it sounds like the situation in Kingston's west side neighborhoods, while still on edge, is improving. Other than keeping pace with the news (via radio and internet), no need for concern.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We left Jamaica on Sunday after spending 2wks there. The 1st week at CSA followed by a week at CN.

The beach at Swept away is the BEST beach I have seen so far in all our Caribbean Islands (7 of them) crystal white compact sand washed by turquoise water - hmmmmm

No added security whatsoever, Kingston is some 4hrs away but could be a million miles away.

I'm in a state of jet lag after a 9hr flight back home to the UK & cold turkey withdrawal from Couples - any one got any withdrawal solutions? apart from re-booking of course LOL!!!

Appleton Estate (VX or better)... neat... that's as close as I can get, and I've been doing this for a long, long, time.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We were there a month ago and the beach was HUGE! compared to when we were there last time. Last time there were trees in the ocean and roots totally exposed. The water was a stones throw from the beach path. This time there was a ton of room between the water and the trees. I have some photos from before and found the same trees that were in the water last time. It was amazing to see how far they were from it this time.

My wife and I have seen the beach in Negril in many different states. The part of the beach on Long Bay that runs in front of CSA and Beaches Negril is usually amazing, but we have seen it up to the trees before too. Thanksgiving 2001 the beach was very narrow. I remember asking a guy who was raking the beach one day about if the storms (there had been a big one that summer) were the main problem and he said, "Not really the storms, Mon. The sand comes, the sand goes away. It will be back. Soon come." It's just that simple I guess! I love nature, even that part.
    Respect-
    Roy

I too had seen pictures of a small beach at CSA but when I got there I couldn't believe how big it was. I'd guess from the swim up bar to the ocean was 30-40 yards easily. The North side of the beach gets a little narrower though. Of all the beaches in Mexico and Caribbean that I have seen, CSA has the biggest, nicest and cleanest. I'm sure tides change this from time to time though.

As for drinks, it was kinda intimidating ordering at first but they do have drink menus available which help. And they have daily specials which are pretty good too. Try them all the first few days and find what you like. For me it was reggae sumfest, cool runnings, and a higher level for when it got really hot. All are rum drinks. Then you got red stripes to go with it.