Default Spent more time deciding on honeymoon than wedding..finally booked CSA!

I am so ashamed to say that I spent more energy researching the honeymoon than anything else (invitations, vendors, etc) - did this happen to anyone else? We are getting married July 23rd and I have tons of things to do, but honestly since we rarely have time to travel, the honeymoon was sooo important. I've already done USVI, Aruba, Bahamas, etc and Greece was out of the question so Negril appeared to be an obvious choice. I have lurked on this board and trip advisor for weeks and just felt strongly that CSA was the way to go. I have been to Negril (years ago in college) so knew that the beach would be beautiful, I was just more concerned with where we should stay. It was so nerve racking to read some reviews -- but the positives seemed to outweigh the negatives (We are so low maintenance and after the stress of a wedding I just want to relax!). Before I booked today I almost wondered whether I should look at S instead, but I realized I was becoming an insane bride who just needed to pull the trigger. We booked an Ocean Verandah from 7/26 to 8/3 and we are so excited!Anyway, I am so grateful for this message board and so looking forward to our trip!

Default I'm with ya!!!

I'm getting married in September..I feel guilty too especially today!! Tons of wedding stuff to do here I am still looking at message board..and reviews!! We booked Oceanview Verandah Suite, let me know how your honeymoon goes!! Have a blast!!

Spent our honeymoon there in 2007 in a beachfront verandah..you'll love it
    Erika & Sean

Congrats on getting married! You are gonna need a nice relaxing honeymoon after all the activities and events you are gonna have to go thru. I wish I would have worried more about our honeymoon because the resort we chose in JA was terrible. We always said we would go back to Jamaica for our 10 year anniversary and do a great resort. I research S and Couples and the reviews and price was better at Couples. We stayed at CSA in 2008 for our 10 year anniversary and I have to say I have never been more relaxed in my life. We loved it! So romantic and mellow or active if you want. It just has so much to offer. We are going back for our second time this fall. I can't wait. I am so happy you chose CSA. You are going to love it. CSA ROCKS!

Default Should we upgrade?

Do you think due to it being our honeymoon we should spend the extra bucks for BFVS I've book OVS...I thinking if we don't know if we going to be on the first floor...it might not be worth it to me?

Margi from what I remember we miss you by a week or so? We arrive the 21st of Sept. thru the 28th. I feel like I'm addicted to this message board, and most excited about our honeymoon. I really can't wait for the down time and time to reconnect after all the wedding stresses!!

My daughter is getting married 8/16/10 at CSA. I can't wait!!! And half way thru the vacation, we are moving to CN to give my daughter some alone time with her new husband. So excited that I get to experience both resorts!!

Genelle, that sucks we won't get to see you. I would have bought you guys a drink You are right to want somewhere great to relax and enjoy each other after all that hecticness. We will be arriving on Sept. 29th make sure not to drink all the red stripe. As far as the BFVS vs. OVS, it's a tough call, but since it's your honeymoon, I would go for it. You only have one honeymoon (hopefully) and even if you don't get the ground floor, just sitting on the verandah and looking at the sea will be quite spectacular. If they don't have a ground floor, ask for a third floor room....also a corner room if they have it. I'm so excited for you. Good luck with everything.

Thanks Margi sorry we're gonna miss ya'! Sounds like you know the ropes!! Maybe next year?

Thanks again Margi for your input!!! I think we will upgrade!!

Genelle, you are gonna love CSA. Let me know if you come up with any other questions. Margi