Thread: Fans at CSA?

Default Fans at CSA?

I'm a very light sleeper and always have a fan for the noise to put me to sleep. I was wondering if they have them in the beachfront suite rooms? If not I'll go get a little travel fan.

Yes, there are ceiling fans.

No worries. You will have the wonderful sounds of the tree frogs and the lapping of the waves on the beach to lull you asleep. You will be sleeping like a baby.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I will be taking a traveling fan with me. And yes I know they have ceiling fans but to me its different.

Open the windows and listen to the tree frogs. It is way better than fan noise. I also have a fan running, but the tree frogs lull me into an even deeper sleep.

There are ceiling fans in the beachfront rooms, but they are very quiet. I like some "white noise" too, but I don't think the ceiling fans provide that.

Yes, I was in a BFS, and I cant sleep without a fan. I brought a little travel fan, and although it was kind of nice having it, I did not need it. You will have noise from the AC, tree frogs, waves, and sleep like a baby!!

I've needed noise to get to sleep for almost 4 decades. I used to use a fan all year round because that's all there was. Now there are much better solutions. There are electronic noise machines all over the place these days. I use the "white noise" setting on most of them. The best ones have a larger memory, so it doesn't sound so repetitive. The best one I've had is from Brookstone and was a bit pricey. However, for traveling (including to Couples) I use a cheap one I got at Wallmart. If you don't like electronic noise, Sears used to make one that was a little fan in a very small plastic housing that pushed the air through holes. It was mechanically adjustable. They called it "sleep-mate". I take a noise machine everywhere, but need it most when in hotel rooms in Manhattan. Sometimes when sleeping in ocean front accommodations, I just open the window and listen to the surf (even better), but everywhere else I use a machine. I wouldn't rely on any hotel (including couples) to provide a noise source.

If you have an iPod or MP3 player....

I'm glad I'm not the only on out there that can't sleep with out a fan. Thanks for all the info. Only 8 days left! I can't wait!