Default Why is this happening??????????

I downloaded the google toolbar a long time ago. Recently, each time I start the computer, the tool bar dissappears. So I download it again. What causes the loss??
    My knowledge of computers is somewhat limited. I also tried setting a new restore point to when things were okay. That didn't work either. Any ideas??

Richie

Over 200 people have read this, but no one offered anycomment or advise.

I think it's something where there could be a variety of reasons for it.

From Google help:
    http://www.google.com/support/toolba...en&answer=9245

You may also want to run a Google search on the issue based on your particular operating system and/or internet browser (I saw mention of an incompatibility with IE8 Beta version). There may also be a setting in your security software blocking it as, from what I recall, it's a pretty invasive software program that some security suites may see as a threat, so you may need to check some setting there to "OK" it.

Hi Richie,

I will try, go to View, click on Toolbars and you should see an option for Google toolbar. I hope this helps.

Karin

If you are using Firefox as your web browser there are known issues with google toolbar and Firefox. Perhaps use another web browser such as IE. That's my best stab at it.
    ~Angie

sorry richie, no clue. Hope someone can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Over 200 people have read this, but no one offered anycomment or advise.
    ....My 1st thought: "Toolbar"??

I'm guessing you didn't get any comments because this is totally unrelated to Couples. lol Or maybe no one had any solutions for you. You might try googling your problem. I'm sure you will have better luck there.

Depending on the browser you are using try the following:
    Menu option View->Toolbars most browsers then have a Customize/Personalize feature. That should allow you to choose your Google Toolbar option to display.

i would try a tech forum as that would be a better fit it seems if you want to know what to wear to dinner or what type of shoes are ok to wear this is the place but a tool bar question hmmm not suprised
    i would go to the programs files adn remove trhe program their -
    then remove any folder that may be laying around then reboot download reinstall and reboot again try it and let us know

Is the default search set to go to Google? I'm like you, kind of 'puter challenged. But I do know that sometimes you can go to a site or click the wrong link and before you know it, your search has been hijacked. Can you do a Google search on your issue? Maybe someone at a more appropriate forum can help?

Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox or other browser? What version?

There should be a "View" option in the menu at the top of your browser window. Click on it. Now there should be a "Toolbars" menu option showing. Hover your mouse cursor over that. It will display a list of your installed toolbars. Now make sure that the Google Toolbar is listed and that it has a check next to it.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Thank you Mona. I have the answer.

Hi Richie,
    Put your mouse arrow on the toolbar area and right click, There should be an option to click on to show different items to show. Also did you download directly from google? Hope this helps. I will try to experiment with it as well. 158 days till Tower Time".
    Don

I think that no one has responded because this is the "Couples" message board and they expected your post to be "Couples" related. I am not techy at all and I don't know what is causing your issue, but I would recommend googling your question.
    Deidre83

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. Yesterday Mona told me essentially what some of mentioned. I had to lock the toolbar. Seems to be fine. At the moment.
    I won't even entertain the idea that because it was not "Couples" related, no one responded.

Richie

I do love all the folks on this thread that pointed out that your question was not "Couples" related. There is humor in that as I am pretty sure that the weight loss thread is not truly "Couples" related. I guess they forgot that you have to be able to Google all things Couples.....one really must have some priorities in live and that is one of them.

Hope you got it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. Yesterday Mona told me essentially what some of mentioned. I had to lock the toolbar. Seems to be fine. At the moment.
    I won't even entertain the idea that because it was not "Couples" related, no one responded.

Richie
    The thread title isn't one that called to me. You know I love the tech help, Richie.