Default Need advice on Negril destination after perfect CSS vaca

So we just returned from an amazing trip to CSS. It was not only our first trip to Jamaica, but our first all inclusive. We were pretty selective with choosing Couples resorts because they seemed to be on target with the atmosphere we were looking for. We wanted a truly relaxing get away with other couples looking for the same. We enjoy a good time but we are not 'party animals' so to speak.

Now my husband and I both LOVED CSS and we'll absolutely be returning there next year, but we wanted to give one of the resorts in the Negril area a try later on this year. Just wanted to hear some opinions on which one may fit us better. Things we loved about CSS: the immaculate lush grounds, the privacy (this was huge! no kids, no peddlers, just resort guests and staff for the whole week), the open feel (we never once felt crowded by buildings or people), the passable beach (we aren't huge beach people, we'd prefer a nice pool - But, we do like to walk on the beach), peace and quiet (there was no loud music/sounds from other resorts or road noise, etc...)

Anyway, I guess that's kind of specific, but we were just looking for some sort of advice from people who have been multiple couples resorts. Our fears are that CN may be too compact, and CSA is over double the size of CSS so it may be too big... I'm sure neither of those things is an issue, but again, just thought I'd ask :-)

Thanks everyone!

We've been to all 4 Couples Resorts and our favourites are CSA and CSS. I would recommend a room in the original part of CSA, specifically an Atrium. The original part is much quieter, more tropical and more spacious than the new part. We love the beach but prefer to sit back a bit, in the shade, so are never bothered by the peddlers who walk along the water's edge. Remember, they are only trying to make a living! We found CN too compact and focused on the pool, although it has a lovely beach, just like CSA. We love the lush gardens and space that we find at CSA. For us, its not too big!

We were at CN last Fall. Loved it. But I am more of a "Beach Person". The HUGE pool was impressive. Linda loved the Pool Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNDooz View Post
    So we just returned from an amazing trip to CSS. It was not only our first trip to Jamaica, but our first all inclusive. We were pretty selective with choosing Couples resorts because they seemed to be on target with the atmosphere we were looking for. We wanted a truly relaxing get away with other couples looking for the same. We enjoy a good time but we are not 'party animals' so to speak.

Now my husband and I both LOVED CSS and we'll absolutely be returning there next year, but we wanted to give one of the resorts in the Negril area a try later on this year. Just wanted to hear some opinions on which one may fit us better. Things we loved about CSS: the immaculate lush grounds, the privacy (this was huge! no kids, no peddlers, just resort guests and staff for the whole week), the open feel (we never once felt crowded by buildings or people), the passable beach (we aren't huge beach people, we'd prefer a nice pool - But, we do like to walk on the beach), peace and quiet (there was no loud music/sounds from other resorts or road noise, etc...)

Anyway, I guess that's kind of specific, but we were just looking for some sort of advice from people who have been multiple couples resorts. Our fears are that CN may be too compact, and CSA is over double the size of CSS so it may be too big... I'm sure neither of those things is an issue, but again, just thought I'd ask :-)

Thanks everyone!
    next door to the left of CN is a resort that seems to fit the bill. It isnt couples but it is does match most of your criteria
    private nice beach spread out lush and no peddlers check it out

I've only been to CN, but from reading the message board, it seems like those who have been to multiple resorts, those who love CN also seem to favor CSS. Just my impression, though above, Dawn loves CSA and CSS. I don't think you can go wrong either way. CN is WONDERFUL!

Thanks for your replies!

Dawn, CSA sounds like it may be a little bit more our style. We loved the tropical grounds at CSS and from the pictures it looks like CSA has that same sort of atmosphere as well... walking through the vegetation instead of just walking past it.
    I certainly don't mean to be rude about the peddlers. I know they are working hard to support themselves. I only mentioned it because I had some friends who stayed at another (not all inclusive) hotel in Negril and they had problems with people coming up to them constantly at the beach. I don't mind supporting the locals, and we did when we were at CSS, I just don't want overly aggressive sales people swarming while I'm trying to relax... on a beach walk, that's another thing. KWIM?
    I get the feeling that though CSA is much bigger than CSS, it probably doesn't feel as big as I am imagining once you're there. Does that seem accurate?

Also I love the look of the Atrium suites. They appear cozy and private. And with a mini bar it would be no contest which room we selected. The only other room we would consider is a Beach Front Verandah, but they are a lot more expensive and seem like they may be closer to the action and therefore a bit noisier. Any thoughts?

Acranger thanks for your reply as well. The pool at CN looks awesome and is one of the things that draws me to there. Does it ever get crowded being the only one? Do you have any room recommendations? We were looking at the Deluxe Beachfront.

I get the feeling that though CSA is much bigger than CSS, it probably doesn't feel as big as I am imagining once you're there. Does that seem accurate?

We've been to CSS & CN twice and CSA once this last April. I booked our 2011 trip for CSA before we even went. After we returned, I switched it to CN. We also love CSS but we love CN as much for different reasons. CSA is nice but make no mistake, it's big. That was the main thing we didn't like about it. The food, staff, service etc. is consistent at all Couples Resorts. You've already experienced that at CSS so you know what to expect at any of the other locations. The grounds at CN are very lush. We request building 3 or 4 which is a garden suite. It's the least expensive room but that's not why we request it. It's for the beautiful lush garden and pond it overlooks. Sitting out on the balcony having your morning coffee doesn't get better than this. CN is not too compact and the pool was never crowded when we were there both trips. Once for 8 days and another for 11. Both times they were at full capacity but you wouldn't have known it. CN is located on Bloody Bay which is the very North end of 7 mile beach. It has very few vendors as a result because of this location. CSA has many but they were not a problem if you told them no thanks politely. Good luck with your choice, you can't go wrong at any Couples. For us it's CN & CSS, both different, both beautiful.

RobNDooz - I'm not sure of the acreage of the two resorts but CSA is long and thin (not that thin!) whilst CSS is deeper. CSA is on the flat. It certainly doesnt feel big, but it is a nice walk from one end to the other, especially through the gardens of the original section - you could get lost there, especially at night.

The BFV rooms are in the new part so are in the "busier" section, near to the pool with the swim up bar, 12 rooms per block re 4 in the original section. Also, the beach path runs right infront of them, so not much privacy. I really shouldnt be writing this review - we love the Atriums so much, I shouldnt be saying nice things about them - we need people to stay in the "new" part and leave paradise to us!! I believe they are putting mini bars in the Atriums soon (shhhhh dont tell anyone!).

Hi RobNDooz,
    Have not been to CSS as of yet (171 days - Nov 20), but have been to CN and CSA twice. What ever you decide you can not make a wrong decision. We love both.

The beach at both of these resorts are on the public beach, however we have never seen any problem with them as the security guards keep an eye on the beachfromt of the resort. Only when we have walked along the beachfront have they tried to get our attention -- we just say "no thanks" and keep enjoying our time together. They have never tried to come up into the beach area where we were sitting. So for us, never a problem. In fact, sometimes we enjoy the color/vib that they bring as a wonderful reminder of where we are. The beach walks are to die for...

While CSA is much larger, it certainly does not feel that way. We had the Beach Front Verandah which is located right on the beach, but was never noisy -- however suspect based on what you said that the Garden Verandah Suites or the Atrium would be more your preference. (The ones with Verandah in the name is in the newer section)

At CN we stayed in the Deluxe Beachfront and that worked very well for us -- although they are not really beachfront (more view than front). When we returned in April this year, we were upgraded to Garden Suites and when told at the desk we had been upgraded, it did not sound like an upgrade to us. When we got to the room it was a WOW -- we loved it. We still had a view of the ocean and yet it was as if we were in a treehouse.
    We are already registered for CN next Nov -- and guess our choice -- Garden Suites.

The best decision is to make a decision before July 1 to take advantage of the $500 resort credit. BTW, the Spa at CSA is in the 10 acre sports complex (across the street from the resort) and is incredible.

just my two cents----three pools at CSA----all very different. The lap pool at the sports complex is always quiet with all facilties close by. The pool close to the Palms is great for the "floaties". The swim-up bar in the new area (Great House) is another experience. The beach itself is wide enough to satisfy everyone. We've always enjoyed the atrium suites. You can't go wrong on whatever decision you make. Enjoy!

We had stayed at CSA a couple of times before trying CSS last year. We loved CSS, too. We did enjoy having a private beach for a switch. We went back to CSA this year. We have always stayed in the BFVS rooms and think they are worth every penny. While they are not completely private, I actually think it's fun to wave to all of our new friends strolling along the beach path in the late afternoon.

Yes, there are a lot of vendors on the CSA beach. However, they are nowhere near as pushy as vendors in Barbados or Aruba (the time share people - arrrrgggh!!).

We did a trading spaces to CN in January, and it honestly sounds like CN might be more up your alley. It is plenty lush, and the beach doesn't get as much traffic as CSA. The pool is spectacular, but never seemed crowded the entire day that we were there.

We absolutely adore the lap pool at CSA in the sports complex. It is a great way to wind down after our work out in the fitness center (there are even showers where you can rinse off and change after your workout).