Default Mistake? CTI vets please advise

Okay, so we switched from the Ocean Jr Suite down to the superior oceanview room so that we could stay longer and still stay within our budget. I hope we don't regret it. What can you vets tell me about this room? Is there really an ocean view or is it obstructed? It is VERY important to my fiance that there is an ocean view. The description says these rooms have a balcony or patio. Is this right??

THe main difference I saw between this room and the suites was the mini-bar and we don't care too much about that.

Yes, you will have a balcony. I think the only rooms with patios are Garden View. Your view may be obstructed by the swaying palms. If you are not pleased with the room, let the front desk know.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by ctihoneymooner View Post
    Okay, so we switched from the Ocean Jr Suite down to the superior oceanview room so that we could stay longer and still stay within our budget. I hope we don't regret it. What can you vets tell me about this room? Is there really an ocean view or is it obstructed? It is VERY important to my fiance that there is an ocean view. The description says these rooms have a balcony or patio. Is this right??

THe main difference I saw between this room and the suites was the mini-bar and we don't care too much about that.
    ctihoneymooner, we're doing the same thing as you are. When we first planned our trip, it was going to be for 9 days, 5 at CTI and 4 at CN, being we wanted to experience both Ocho and Negril in one trip. We had planned on the Ocean Jr suite for CTI and the Garden suite for Negril. When we learned that we could qualify for the $500 credit, but only based on a minimum 7 nite stay at one of the resorts, we opted to extend the two extra days at CTI. Since we wanted to stay relatively within our original budget, we could only do so by downgrading our room choices.

So instead we're going with the Premier Ocean room for CTI and the Garden room for CN. Granted, these rooms are not as big or perhaps as nice as the suites, but then again we're nailing down two more days in paradise for just an additional $130. And from what I've read from all the seasoned vets at both resorts, we'll barely notice the difference, especially considering we don't plan on spending all that much time in the rooms anyway. I'm very happy with our decision and I'm predicting you will be too.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Hi folks!
    When we stayed in June, we had a supior ocean room and it was perfect! (Room 4105) We had a balcony w/ a beautiful view of the ocean. It was just above the swim up bar pool. We didn't have a wet bar but it didn't matter to us, we were only there to change and sleep!

We have been twice and have had the superior ocean view room both times. We don't spend a lot of time hanging around in our room, so we weren't looking for major luxury, just a view. Both times we had a nice view of the ocean. If it means you can stay longer, it's worth it!

Thanks everyone! I feel much better about our decision. We were able to add on an additional night at the lower room category and actually SAVED about $100. What a deal!