Default acceptable shoes

What types of shoes are required and acceptable for the dining dress code at Sans Souci? I know they are suppose to be closed toe for men, but are docksides or tennis shoes acceptable as closed toe?

Default Docksiders/Tennis Shoes (AKA Sneakers)

Ahh Vacation,
    Docksiders are acceptable. I ware them all the time.
    We have seen other people in sneakers in all the reasturants, even includinfg the repeaters dinner.
    Please respect our hosts request and abide by the posted dress codes. They do everything they can to make our stay wonderful and ask us to respect their request.
    Have a wonderful stay as I know you will!

Acceptable footwear for the strictest dress code at the Couples Resorts has variously been described by Couples as "closed shoes" (note: closed shoes, not closed-toe shoes), "dress shoes," and "elegant dress sandals." While guests on the MB have reported that their docksiders were acceptable when they presented for dinner, tennis shoes are not. Gym attire is generally not acceptable at any upscale restaurant.

At the more casual restaurants, however, tennis shoes are allowed.
    Last edited by Pamela; June 2nd, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

On Sans Souci's dining page:
    Ristorante Casanova

• Dress code is resort attire (Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted]

Palazzina Restaurant

• Dress code is resort attire (Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted]

From the Couples FAQs:
    What is the dress code?
    During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted

what is an Elegant dress sandals are allowed somehow the two words elegant and sandal seem mutually exclusive can anyone provide a pic ?thanks

I am posting this for my fiance. I told him to just bring his Italian leather dress shoes. Of course, I pack 10 pair of shoes minimum for a week's vacation. lol He likes to pack a bit lighter. He just purchased these dress sandals and was wondering if they are good for Feathers/Lemongrass at CSA.

Name:  shoes_ia14455.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  15.1 KB

Now that I think about it....I was just on a 4-night cruise and I packed 9 pair of shoes. Maybe I do have a shoe problem. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post
    I am posting this for my fiance. I told him to just bring his Italian leather dress shoes. Of course, I pack 10 pair of shoes minimum for a week's vacation. lol He likes to pack a bit lighter. He just purchased these dress sandals and was wondering if they are good for Feathers/Lemongrass at CSA.

I am wondering the same thing if those are acceptable? Wishing someone would answer lol

My question is this. In the dress aire section for CSA it states"Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed shoes for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No sandals, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed". This does not indicate that a nice short sleeve shirt with a collar will get you denied to Feathers or Lmongrass. Does it have to have sleeves or will nice silk/linen tommy bahama/Nat Nast shirt be fine? In Jeffmons post he indicates the men's shirts need long levees, but on the CSA site it does not. Is this a difference between CSS and CSA?

Tommy Bahamas are fine for any restaurant at any Couples resort. No need for long sleeves. It's the tropics after all!

I am remaining quiet on this one

Gahhhhh...I remain astounded every time this question comes up!!!

Men
    : Would you go to a nice restaurant at home and wear sneakers? Really? If your answer is "yes", I have news for you: it's not only tacky, it's totally unacceptable.

You're at a nice restaurant, at a lovely resort, with your significant other. It would seem to me you would want to go the extra step of putting on a decent pair of shoes so that you look nice and don't feel out of place in an elegant, sophisticated environment. Dress shoes don't take up much room in a suitcase - less room than a pair of sneakers, actually.

What part of closed shoes and not sandals or sneakers does everyone seem to have a problem with? This seems to be asked every few weeks while the policy is not changed. While CSS may not spell things out as clearly CSA does. We just returned and while there talked to a couple who decided the husband only wanted to bring sandals and guess what...they did not get to eat in either Feathers or Lemongrass. Try to remember that although you are on a beach during the day, when the sun goes down you are on a five star resort looking to dine in their top restarurants. Show some respect for other guest, the staff, and even yourself by treating this no differently than you would a top restaurant in the cities near home. There was a time not long ago when men had to wear jackets to get in. Just pack a pair of shoes and stop trying to circumvent the few rules that apply here.

rckbert
    THANK YOU!
    Exactly what I would say if my wife would have let me! (LOL) The only thing I can say is it seems for us messageboard addicts we see this question so often it is anoying but some of these questions come from new members to our Couples family.
    I agree with you about the need to dress with respect and I can remember the days when you were required to wear a jacket for the better reasturants. Now I have seen guests permitted in the repeaters dinner in shorts and sneakers. I wish Couples would come up with one dress code for all resorts and enforce it at all resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post

IMO No-They are sandals.

Here's my opinion for what it's worth on the whole dress code/shoe code question ..... If you can afford the trip - you can afford a pair of shoes to wear to dinner that aren't sneakers ...... What in the heck do you wear if you go to a wedding or a funeral ?????? As far as the sandals shown in the picture on this post, I'd say they are fine since they are with long pants & you're in the tropics ....... I also wear "fancy" flip flops for dinner with my dress so men should have that option. I do remember the day when the man had to wear a jacket for dinner ...... now that was just plain MEAN !!!!! We're on vacation at a tropical resort & jackets & ties just don't need to be a part of being relaxed.
    Julie

I would say yes.
    lol @ columbo

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011