Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How many at Passionate level received an upgrade?

We are at the Passionate level now for Romance Rewards. We are planning to book our next trip soon and my question is this - how many of you at that level received an upgrade in their room?

Since the new RR program was implemented in April 2007, we've visited Couples seven times, visiting all four resorts. We have never received an upgrade, but we never book the least expensive room, so we limit the possibility of an upgrade (e.g., at CN, we stayed in a beachfront room; the only possible upgrade would be to put us into a suite, and there are only 18 suites at CN). From anecdotal information appearing on this MB, it seems that most guests who received an upgrade booked the lowest category room.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Not yet. We live in hope.

How many actually get the t-shirts and departure snack and cooler? I am hoping to get those this next time since we didn't this time. I don't think I would really want an upgrade though. We book the rooms we want so we are happy with them already. We usually stay at CSA and book the Atrium suite and once the Beachfront Suite. An upgrade from that would put us into the newer rooms which we really don't want. It would be a downgrade for us. Are you able to decline the upgrade if they offer it?

We've been upgraded twice since we hit the passionate level and also have 2coolers now. Everything depends upon what's open & available. Couples does their best to accommodate and follow through. Ask upon arrival/check in. Regarding the cooler, our next trip, we will not be taking one home... Razzl

I was told at CTI, that since we had booked the Premier room, they couldn't possibly offer us an upgrade. No departure snack or cooler either. Not a deal breaker but it's a bit confusing.

We're only at the lowest rewards level but we got the t-shirts and departure snack this time. We pre-registered a couple of weeks ahead.

When we get to passionate level... next year probably, we will ask about an upgrade when we arrive and see what happens.

...so if we go to CSS and book a penthouse suite, would we get upgraded to the cottage?

ENJOY!!!

We got neither on the trip we just returned from - no departure snack and no upgrade.

For the first time ever, though, we had our repeaters' gifts (and the gift shop and spa credits) there waiting for us on arrival, so things are improving.

FWIW, we were booked in an Atrium and felt the same way you do, melody (wouldn't want an upgrade unless it was to one of the big wraparound porch rooms). And we didn't get one, so we didn't have to cross that bridge.

I am not sure that the "free upgrade" is a sensible add on to the top level of the rewards programme as it seems it is rarely provided. On that basis it should be replaced by some other reward, what might that be? Private meal on the beach? extra resort credit if upgraded room not available...any other ideas.The rewards programme is fantastic I am not knocking it, but if a reward is advertised it should be available or an alternative offered.

I would love a second "Couples Massage" if an upgrade is not available. Have to agree it usually isn't.

It states that upgrades are based on availability. Book the room you want is generally the best idea. I other words, don't book thinking you will be upgraded.

We have always received our Repeaters' Perks above and beyond at CTI. As another posted we registered before arrival. I don't know if that is what makes the difference or not. We got t-shirts, sparkling wine, fruit plate and departure snack and bag.
    Vicky

No departure snack/cooler for us yet... after 4 trips... disappointing since it's to be given according to the program. At this point I'd buy it just to get one!

We've been at the passionate level for awhile now and have not received an upgrade, but it does say on the rewards "if available" and we go during spring when the resort is pretty full. We have gotten the other rewards though, no problem. I'm sure if you let them know prior to departure that you have not received your shirts or other things yet they will try to get them for you.
    Jim and Karin

extra resort credit if upgraded room not available
    This is a GREAT idea as a complement to the free upgrade perk!

we received the upgrade this past April. first time for us. however we do travel when the resort is near capacity so we totally understand.they were out of departure packs this year. no big deal we have two already and just took a bokkle of wata.

Randy

Thanks for the responses. We were there in April and did receive the departure snack. We didn't receive it on our previous trip. We are getting ready to book again and will probably go with our favorite, the Garden Verandah Suite. After reading Randy's post, I sure hope we get the Garden Verandah Suite in the new section as opposed to a Garden Verandah Suite in the old section. I like a bathtub!

New to this level this year and hoping. Booked a Premier room at CTI, so not expecting anything better than that.
    Irie Mon

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting me know about this. To take it one step further, can you all please respond here with the resort you went to, the month/year of your trip, and what reward you didn't receive (upgrade excluded, as its based on availability). Thank you so much for your help. We will continually try to improve upon the execution of the program.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Also,

Please do the pre check-in online at least 3 days prior to arrival to secure that your rewards are in order.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Quote Originally Posted by Seandymon View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting me know about this. To take it one step further, can you all please respond here with the resort you went to, the month/year of your trip, and what reward you didn't receive (upgrade excluded, as its based on availability). Thank you so much for your help. We will continually try to improve upon the execution of the program.
    Hi Seandyman,
    You may also want to get people to indicate whether or not they pre-registered.

We went to CN in April/2010. We pre-registered. We received all of our rewards.

ENJOY!!!

Hi Seandymon - we were at CTI from 9th to 16th March 2010 and did not receive our departure snack. We were already on the shuttle when we realised this so it was too late to do anything about it. We are at Passionate Level.

@Seandymon -

Just wanted to share with you our most recent experience at CSA: We prechecked in 2 weeks prior. There was no repeater's gift upon arrival. We had to call the concierge and request it.

Also, no departure pack (no cooler, no water, no granola bars...) As a sidenote: even if they are out of coolers, how hard would it be to put a few water bottles in a couples gift shop bag? I was counting on the water bottles for the bus ride, and didn't have time to go and get one from the bar prior to departure.

Also -- no $100 check upon departure. Still haven't gotten our $100 check.... Any way you could help with this?

Thanks!
    Vee

Seandymon,

We did the pre-check in (and we got our repeaters rewards upon check-in, as well as the $500 early booking credit vouchers). We did not receive a room upgrade (or even the offer of one), and we did not receive our departure pack. Arrived May 26 and departed June 2 from CSA. We're at the "passionate love" level. Thanks for checking on these things!

Oh... forgot to mention that we were at Swept Away in May of this year. (May 12-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Seandymon View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Hi Sean,
    We did not receive the departure snack pack on our last visit to CSA on April 17th. I'm not complaining, just providing you with this information because you asked for feedback.
    Karon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast