Default Funny AN Story in Florida

My wife and I are vacationing in Florida and getting to enjoy the AN beach near New Smyrna Beach. Yesterday as we were leaving a car arrived with a couple of ladies and several kids. One of the locals was nice enough to tell the ladies about the AN portion of the beach. As the local was heading to go fishing I asked her about it. She said she noticed a Christian Radio sticker on the ladies car so she wanted to let them know about the AN beach. She said "I doubt they are Christian Nudist." I said why not we are. She just said OH and turned and walked away. I got a good lauch out of it at least. I guess she didn't think Christians could enjoy a nude beach.

Funny story, but also kind of frustrating. I mean, what is it that makes people think a person couldn't possibly be a Christian AND enjoy being nude? As if only pagans and swingers would dare be nude...ever. *gasp*

Can't wait to be running around nekkid in a couple days at TI.

Default ditto the frustration

Since my first nude experience at Haulover and then at CN, I have had to face that same thing. Why do they assume that you are a swinger or sexual pervert? I talked with my Pastor, studied my bible, and either one is unable to support why nudity wouldn't be right for me. I can understand how others feel and why they wouldn't/couldn't participate in nudity, and I respect their(narrow) views. But those people(who do not understand nudity) sure don't show that same respect to us.
    Thanks Allans_Angel for your post. I needed to vent today. It's beautiful and hot outside, and I don't have anywhere to go get naked.

mrg - at least you were brave enough to talk to your pastor about it. I go to a small-medium size church and I teach Sunday school, chaperone mission trips, a deacon at one point... I am not willing to speak of my a/n adventures to anyone back home for fear of the people at church finding out. Most people don't understand it because they automatically assume the worst. I don't see anything wrong with it myself. I would have a difficult time being at a resort where people are having sex next to you at the pool. That is entirely different oprah. Counting down the days until November!!

...Allans_Angel...don't get too upset...I think most people want to TRY the AN beach...but...OH...what if someone I know sees ME...keeps them from going...Kind of like the Baptist in the liquor store buying beer!

Quote Originally Posted by mrg View Post
    . . . I respect their(narrow) views . . . . Why do they assume that you are a swinger or sexual pervert?
    The fact that you've chosen to characterize their views as narrow evidences that you don't respect their views; rather, you judge them.

We don't feel the need to tell everyone every detail of our vacation. Whether we choose to visit the a/n beach is our business and not that of anyone else. It seems that you're looking for a fight. If you suspect that someone might be uncomfortable/might not understand/might judge, why tell them?

As far as why people assume that you are a swinger or a pervert, it's b/c everyone has heard stories of swingers or perverts in a/n locales. If you visit Couples or even this MB often enough, you'll hear of both. We were the unfortunate object of such a couple's desire one year, and the pair wouldn't leave us alone until I got downright ugly.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default Ouch

Pamela, thanks for correcting me! I shouldn't have suggested that anyone might have a narrow view for anyt subject. That is judging someone without knowing their true feelings. And I agree with your position that I need to keep my A/N activity on vacation to myself because of that stigma that society attaches to it. But you were wrong about thinking that I am trying to find a fight. I was just wanting to share the experience!

Default More comfortable

weluvjamaica, I wouldn't want to be around that kind of activity either. Thank goodness CN is not like that! I have never been to a nude resort that was like that. (but I hear that there are some places that get pretty rowdy) I'm just glad to see that Christians in this thread that find their own joy in nude recreation.
    When I first went to Haulover beach, I couldn't believe that there were so many other nudists, and then we went to CN and met the nicest people on the AN beach, and I felt just right about the whole experience.
    Maybe someday mainstream society as well as the Church will be a little more accepting about getting back to nature.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg View Post
    . . . you were wrong about thinking that I am trying to find a fight. I was just wanting to share the experience!
    My husband will tell you that the world is a much happier place when I am allowed to persist in the delusion that I'm always right.

Share away! I'd just be more particular about those with whom you choose to share. I'd hate for you to be known as "that naked pervert" around your church.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

"Maybe someday mainstream society as well as the Church will be a little more accepting about getting back to nature."

Don't bet on it MRG. I just don't see it happening for a long, long, time if ever. We don't share our desire to go AN with any one but our closest and most trusted friends. We don't share it with our family at all. They just would never understand.

We have been very lucky that we have never had any problems during any of our AN experiences. I am sure they happen but not to us so far. We alos don't want the more "open" type AN experiences. That is why we feel Couples fits the bill for us.

Default Interesting story

A few years ago my wife and I were attending a conservative church and heard the pastor mention from the pulpit that he and his wife got back from a vacation and hinted that they had quite a good time! but didn't say where. Later we were speaking to him about our upcoming vacation. We told him we were going to Couples Ocho Rios (now TI). And guess what! He said that's where they went! My jaw just about hit the ground! No way would I have ever guessed he had gone there. He told us to be aware that it was European beach but go and have a good time. A vey down to earth kind of guy. I didn't ask if he visted the island and he didn't ask us either! Probably just as well since we did. Now headed back to CSS and SS beach June 22.

we met a preacher at the an beach at cn. him and his wife were great people. had a wonderful time with them.

I love that I came across this thread! When my hubby and I were laying by the AN pool at CSS I was talking to another lady there and mentioned something about our bible study group. She got this strange look and said it was kind of funny about people like us being at the AN portion of CSS. I said well, Adam and Eve were without clothes until they sinned....she agreed. We hung out with them during the week as they were a very nice couple, but funny how they assumed since we were laying out without our clothes on (the ONLY way to lay by a pool) we were without God's love and mercy in our lives? Yeah for Christians without bathing suits!!! LOL

LOL!! I wonder how many Christian's are on the nude beach thinking they are the ONLY one's?

We are Southern Baptists (that openly buy alcohol), parents of four wonderful young children and Sunday school teachers....we did not hesitate for a second to enjoy SSB on our first trip in February...and we will return in January 2011. Having said that, there may not be any other resort where we would feel as comfortable doing so, but the folks at Couple's SSB are the best. Perhaps there truly are ALOT of Christians there...but certainly ALOT of respectful people that recognize and appreciate the blessings of enjoying the location and activity with your loved one.

Need to keep this thread going.....good info for new guests

Ok, I wasn't going to put this on here, but since it is rather funny related...
    We were newbies to CN and also to the AN area in March. From about the 24th to the 29th if you happened to be there. We got in about 1:30ish to the hotel got checked in and headed for the AN beach...My wife thought we should be daring and go to a resort that had the option, I was game for it. Not knowing anything about it ahead of time I used it as a way to "practice" even before we got there. A great way to have a few Red Stripe and get my wife naked, ha ha, in our living room!
    Any way, we go down to the nude area and get disrobed etc. I'm really conscious to not be "the lurking guy" so I really don't look around. Finally time for drinks, I had to go get them. When I come back, I know the general area we were sitting, but really don't want to look too closely...I walk up the the lounger and reach my wifes drink to her, twice actually, it wasn't her!!!!!! OMG, was I embarrassed! About 5 couples including us had a pretty good laugh and we ended up talking to this couple regularly...I just yelled, "newbie, newbie" how funny! Gotta run, have another note to post yet

Kiddo- OMG that story is soooo funny. I can picture my husband doing the exact same thing! At least you laughed it off and had a good time with the other people that were there. That's something that you can bring up in your old age and be like honey remember the time we were on the nude beach and I mistake another women for you.

Also hey guys were Matt and Steph 25 and 31 Christians for Topeka Ks and we want to try and AN experience. I(steph) want to more than him but he's really good about trying new things especially if its something that I really want to do. Were debating on CTI or CN in August! We've been to CSA twice.

I am so happy to have found this thread and to read of the varying views and experiences.

The submissions here about Christians doing AN are rather encouraging and should dispel any fears one might have.

Obviously, au naturel is the great leveller and relaxer.

Quote Originally Posted by clydealp View Post
    I am so happy to have found this thread and to read of the varying views and experiences.

The submissions here about Christians doing AN are rather encouraging and should dispel any fears one might have.

Obviously, au naturel is the great leveller and relaxer.
    I'm glad you found this thread. I read your post on the main message board and was going to reply today, but you had posted there about this thread which already included a post from us. I felt folks had missed your true question, and as a Southern Baptist couple living in the buckle of the Bible belt, we know exactly why you were asking and what your concerns are because we had all of those same questions. A funny thing about our first trip to CSS four years ago was the resort tour that many first timers take. It was just us and another woman. She and her husband had arrived in the wee earlies due to a flight delay so he was still asleep. During the course of the tour, they walk you by SSB and advise you about the AN aspect. The guide asked us all if we thought we might check it out. We all said we would really like to but we were nervous. The woman elaborated that they were from the South and they were Sunday school teachers, and had young children at home, they were not sure what the family and friends might think if they found out etc. We laughed and told her...wow....that's us too! As we continued the tour we visited at length about all the things you are probably asking yourself. Well, later that day when we got the nerve to go check out SSB, guess who was there as well...that similarly situated couple. We visited with them off and on during that stay as well as everyone else and it just made us realize that there was a very good chance that there many, many couples with that same story, same questions, same doubts. We love CSS, we love SSB, we return for the fifth year in a row this August. Anyone going then...you know where to find us.

Default Very Encouraging AN Response

Quote Originally Posted by Nick&Nora View Post
    I'm glad you found this thread. I read your post on the main message board and was going to reply today, but you had posted there about this thread which already included a post from us. I felt folks had missed your true question...
    Nick and Nora:

Thank you for this.

You have expressed so much that should benefit others with the same issues.

Since all of the replies to my question about this issue are in the 'Christians' thread on the Main Board, would you now place this response there so as to give that thread the benefit of your perspective and add some balance and variety to the responses.

While I appreciate your response here, it would be wonderful to see it there, as well; and might just generate more discussion on the topic.

Thanks again for relating your experience.

Here's my funny AN story. My first time to CN in 2005 (with my now ex-wife), we were on the AN beach and decided to take the floaties into the water. We were just relaxing side by side in barely chest deep water. I was laying face down, and she was laying face up. A male guest sauntered towards us from the textile beach and struck up a conversation in broken english. It was pretty obvious he was enjoying the scenery, since he was looking up towards her feet... and beyond. We chatted for a few minutes. Then I rolled over onto my back, and my feet were also pointed at this fellow. Apparently the change in scenery was too much for him because he beat a hasty retreat shortly thereafter!!!
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota

You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll