Thread: Jamaica Time

Hybrid View

Default Jamaica Time

Why does time move so slowly before our trip then so fast while we're there? I think "Jamaica Time" is a trick. It seems slow but it is really flying by.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Very good question. We are at 24 hours prior to depature t o CTI and it is really creaping by.

Anticipation versus complete and total relaxation would be my first guess. I guess it can be likened to watching water boil....takes forever when you really want it or need it.

Also, once you have been and are going back to see friends that you have met in previous years, all the fun you have speeds up that time. IT seems like there is something going on with someone during each and every second of each and every day.

I think this time passing quickly while we are there is a major contributing factor as to why our trips have grown from 6 days to 11 days long. We keep reaching for a number that will satisfy us with a length of time that does not or at least does not SEEM to pass so quickly.

3 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See you all at CTI soon!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    Why does time move so slowly before our trip then so fast while we're there? I think "Jamaica Time" is a trick. It seems slow but it is really flying by.
    Time (on earth)for the most part on earth passes at a constant speed. Ones perception can change dynamically. Same is with Jamacian time. Jamacian time is a sweet word used for slower service then many are used to in the states. It has nothing to do with the actual passage of time.
    If you were to break down "perception" one could say that while on holiday we experience many new or enjoyable /novel stimuli which requires more of our energy to log recognize and create mental anchors ( example tree frogs at night )
    At home most of us are creature of habit so we eat the same time leave for work the same time ect ...
    If you are a supporter of Einstein's " relativity" then the past present and future all exist simultaneously so enjoy your JA trip right now !!

Quote Originally Posted by maywillcomehard View Post
    Jamacian time is a sweet word used for slower service then many are used to in the states. It has nothing to do with the actual passage of time.
    I am aware of that. I was just making a joke.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

maywillcomehard

LOL!!! nerd

What time zone is CSS in??

Quote Originally Posted by busr25 View Post
    What time zone is CSS in??
    jeffmon obviously this poster is not picking up your humor lol
    CSS like the rest of JA is on us central time but since it does have some Jamacian time weaved in it is only 50 minutes behind Eastern time
    Jeff would you agree?