Thread: CN Room Service

Default CN Room Service

We will be staying in a Beachfront Suite and were wonder if you really had to order a day in advance. We like to get RS the day we get there , always a bit tried and rather eat in than get dreses and go to a restaurant. Can anyone recoment anythig outstanding on the menu

I am not sure what the answer to your question is, but, I would suggest taking in the resort the night you get there. Throw on some casual wear and enjoy the beautiful resort!

It's not traditional room service (CSS is the only one of the four resorts that offers that), and you won't find a room service menu sitting around. Instead, in-suite dining is merely an additional option for dinner offered to guests staying in one of CN's 18 suites. Only a limited menu is available, and you must arrange it with guest services. To see sample menus, check out the dining page on CN's web page. There are two sample menus listed under "Private Dining," which immediately follows the information on in-suite dining.

While I never advocate under-dressing, you needn't worry about having to dress up for dinner. Otaheite, the restaurant that requires reservations, is the only restaurant that has a dress code that some guests find bothersome. At the other three restaurants, it's not uncommon to see guests wearing shorts to dinner.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

beachbumsDD

The daily menu changes so it would be difficult to give you any recommendations.

The months, weeks and days of anticipating this day that you finally get to Couples and you want to stay in your room?

We are all a bit travel weary when we arrive but when you walk into the lobby of CN there is something in the air that wakes you up.

Head to the Heliconia or the Terrace Restaurant and enjoy.

Hey beachbumsDD,

I'm pretty sure there is no dinner-time room service at CN. You can have breakfast in your room but that's it.

CN is so compact and intimate with all the lush trees and gardens, and relaxed in the attire required for dinner, that it isn't much bother to drop your bags and head out for dinner. Throw on any old thing and make your way over to Heliconia, ask for a table out by the beach, order a drink, take a deep breath of fresh Jamaican beach air, and let the sounds of the sea and the singing tree frogs serenade you into a peaceful start to your vacation.

ENJOY!!!

Room service at CN is only for continental breakfast. You do, indeed, place the order the night before by filling out the hangtag in your room and placing it on your door.
    Lew

Yes you do have to order a day in advance, so I don't think that you will be able to get room service your first day. However, you also do not have to get dressed up either. That is one of the wonderful things about CN, shorts and tee-shirt, flip flops or sandals and you are good to go at several of the restaurants.

Unless the policy has changed since we were there last, the room service is only for breakfast and it was very limited. Room service isn't what you think of at a hotel in the states. We stayed in room 1101 which was awesome and you can always go get something and bring it back to the room. Enjoy!

You do need to order a day in advance for the dinner room service.

You will be fine in shorts and a nice shirt for dinner, so no need to worry about getting dressed up.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Yes you put your order in the night before. There are cards to fill out on your door knob of your room. You fill out the card and then hang it on the outside door handle. They pick up the cards around 2am. You mark the time you want it delivered and you mark off what you want. The items you can get our pastries, cereal, yogurt, fruit plate, breads, coffee, juice and milk. My wife and i did it every morning except one when they said they never received our card. That was a bad morning!!

There seems to be several different answers here ..
    room service for break fast
    no room service
    room service limited menu for folks who book a specific class of room
    looking over the faq quickly it mentions room service for a continental breakfast. what is the real deal ? It makes sence if you book a supierior room you get special perks which may be something we will consider
    thank in advance for any confirmation

Maywillcomehard,

Check out the Dining & Restaurants page for CN. In-suite dining is mentioned there under "Dinner." It says, "For guest staying in Garden Suites or Beachfront Suites, a special in-room dining menu is offered. Must be ordered one day in advance. Dinner can be served between 6:30pm and 9:00pm."

Continental breakfast is offered for all room categories. There is a selection list hanging on the door handle. If you don't want a full breakfast and would prefer to have a continental breakfast delivered to your room, you simply make your selections and hang it on your door handle before turning in for the night. The Dining & Restaurants page for CN says, "Continental Breakfast - Enjoy the luxury of a breakfast in bed or on your private balcony. Pre-order from your room the evening before. Daily 6:30am - 10:00am continental only."

I didn't mention continental breakfast in my original post because I interpreted the original question to be asking only about dinner.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

At CN, the resort offers dinner room service one night during your stay for guest staying in suites. There is also continental breakfast for all room categories. The dinner room service for the suites is a limited menu that must be ordered the day before. For the breakfast service, the placard must be placed on the outside door handle the night before.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Maywillcomehard,

Check out the Dining & Restaurants page for CN. In-suite dining is mentioned there under "Dinner." It says, "For guest staying in Garden Suites or Beachfront Suites, a special in-room dining menu is offered. Must be ordered one day in advance. Dinner can be served between 6:30pm and 9:00pm."

Continental breakfast is offered for all room categories. There is a selection list hanging on the door handle. If you don't want a full breakfast and would prefer to have a continental breakfast delivered to your room, you simply make your selections and hang it on your door handle before turning in for the night. The Dining & Restaurants page for CN says, "Continental Breakfast - Enjoy the luxury of a breakfast in bed or on your private balcony. Pre-order from your room the evening before. Daily 6:30am - 10:00am continental only."

I didn't mention continental breakfast in my original post because I interpreted the original question to be asking only about dinner.

ahhh ty missed that little nugget certainly something for us to consider when deciding a room cat. nice to know they have this option. I know i read CSS offers room service.