Default (Possible) First timer questions about CTI...

So, the wife and I are looking at going on a vacation next year, possibly for our anniversary. We're looking at going to Couples Tower Isle, as we can get what looks like a good deal through Costco, including airfare, but we / I've got some questions...

1. What is there to do around the resort later in the evening?
    2. Is there a beach you can swim off on Tower Isle itself, or only the pool?
    3. How do you get to TI, I'm presuming some sort of "water taxi," although it looks close enough to swim to.
    4. How's the weather in Jamaica around the last week of May / first week of June?

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions...

Thanks!
    Jason

There's music and dancing in the main dining room, and the piano bar stays open until the last person leaves. However, after a long day of sun, surf, Red Stripe, and rum, you might find yourself turning in earlier than you usually do at home.

You can swim off of Tower Isle, but there really isn't a beach. There's a small sandy area where the boat drops people off and picks them up again (which answers your third question) from which you could enter the water, and there are steps leading down to the water from the more private end of the island. The pool is very small and has small tables in it for setting down your drinks. While you can get wet in it, you really can't swim.

In our 17 trips to the various Couples Resorts, we've visited Jamaica in the months of January, February, March, April, July, and August, and we've only had one vacation (in February) that was rainy. June is the official start of hurricane season, but more than likely, the weather will be just fine.

Last edited by Pamela; June 5th, 2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

1. They have a lot of activities to do around in the evenings, the showtime is very good to watch each night!

2. There is no beach on TI, but there is a way down to the water you can swim around or walk around in the water out there.

3. You go to the dock and a small boat takes you out there, you find your location then undress! When you ready to come back you just stand on the dock and they come and pick you up!!

4. We went May 25-29 and had rain everyday, but you never understand the phrase "no worries mon" untill u get there! It didn't really effect us as the rain usually only lasted a couple of hours!! It was a blast and we are already planning a return trip!!!!

OK, one more question:

Is there WiFi available at CTI, and if so, how much?

Although, I'm thinking the wife and I really should leave the laptop(s) at home for a vacation like this...

Thanks,
    Jason

1. Performances,Piano Bar and you will meet plenty of people to hang out with.
    2.Not really, but there is a small sandy area you can go into.
    3.Boat
    4.Sunny with 1/2 hour to hour of rain in the late afternoon

Book it book it book it. CTI is the best. In the evenings the house band plays and there is entertainment. There is also the piano bar. It stays open until the last person leaves. They alternate nights between pioano sin along and karaoke. When thats finished they put CD's on. there is a timy piece of sand to swim off of the Iskand. Please take goggles or mask and snorkel as thee is coral and you need to be able to see what's under the water. A small boat runs you to the Island and back when ever you want to go, but it is swimable (again goggles)if you like to swim. I can answer about the weather as we always go in October. I'm sure someone else will let you know. You will have a great time.

WiFi is available at no cost. There's also a computer room that guests can use free of charge.

Where in Warren? My husband and I both grew up in the 12 Mile and Schoenherr area.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I also have some questions. I know that CTI did a big remodeling. Did they remodel the rooms also? If yes, is there a new side and/or old side? What r the room types that have been remodeled?

There is free Wifi an also a computer room to use if you want to log and check email rather than take your own laptop

Yes, there is WiFi available and it is free. All included!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post
    OK, one more question:

Is there WiFi available at CTI, and if so, how much?

Although, I'm thinking the wife and I really should leave the laptop(s) at home for a vacation like this...

Thanks,
    Jason
    WiFi is in the lobby and possibly some rooms above the lobby. Leave the laptops at home, they have a nice internet cafe if you REALLY need access and you can print from there.

1. What is there to do around the resort later in the evening? As stated, evening entertainment each night until about 11, then the piano bar until the last person leaves.
    2. Is there a beach you can swim off on Tower Isle itself, or only the pool? There is a small area near the drop off and as stated, the stairs from the right side of the island. Pool has swim up bar with stools, then there are tables for drinks and a ledge in the pool to sit in the water at the tables.
    3. How do you get to TI, I'm presuming some sort of "water taxi," although it looks close enough to swim to.Boat as you need it, not scheduled except within the islands schedule, 9-5, and if you are a good swimmer, you can swim to it. We have had swimmers each year we have visited.
    4. How's the weather in Jamaica around the last week of May / first week of June?We go in July and have had rain, but nothing to ruin our vacation.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    WiFi is available at no cost. There's also a computer room that guests can use free of charge.

Where in Warren? My husband and I both grew up in the 12 Mile and Schoenherr area.
    Thanks!

We're down in the 9 Mile and Schoenherr / Gratiot area.

Everyone,

Thank you for the great info and help!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    I also have some questions. I know that CTI did a big remodeling. Did they remodel the rooms also? If yes, is there a new side and/or old side? What r the room types that have been remodeled?
    Building 2 is all new rooms. The rooms in Building 2 are Premier and Jr. Ocean Suites, I think. I know for sure Premier as that is what we had last year. Otherwise all the rooms had something done in them. Not sure how much in each building or room. Mostly bathrooms, I think. [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Vicky