Default Appleton Banana Rum

Can't anyone tell me if CSS has Banana Rum at their Bars? 5 days and counting. Can't wait.

Skeeter, We have a bottle of Cruz Banana Rum (gift) and it's still unopened since we have no idea what to mix w/it? Since it's banana, I'd think almost anything will be too sweet? Any suggestions? Thanks! Razzl

How about mixing it with over proof rum? That should kick the sweetness down a bit! But seriously, try some Orange juice, Pineapple juice or Peach-White-cranberry juice, and to knock down the sweetness add a good twist of lime.

Here is a recipe for a Banana Split:
    Banana Split
    1 1/2 oz. Banana Rum
    1 1/2 oz. Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur
    Serve in a martini glass. Top with whipped cream and garnish with a cherry.

You can also blend it with strawberries, lime juice, crushed ice and a dash of sugar for a refreshing strawberry banana daiquiri.

Those are just a few suggestions. Enjoy!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Razzl ~ Just drink it over ice.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Vanilla ice cream.
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Quote Originally Posted by razzldazzlme View Post
    Skeeter, We have a bottle of Cruz Banana Rum (gift) and it's still unopened since we have no idea what to mix w/it? Since it's banana, I'd think almost anything will be too sweet? Any suggestions? Thanks! Razzl
    that's our problem too. The only thing we've come up with are milkshakes with vanilla ice cream (ours is banana rum cream). Any other suggestions?

If the Banana Rum Cream you have is labeled Sangsters or Land's End then that is THE best banana rum cream you can get on the island...lucky you !!!!!!

In the cooler temps, I like a shot glass of it straight, at room temp...especially if you have a sweet tooth, this will cure it, as if you had a bowl of ice cream or piece of pie or whatever. It is thick and creamy and just slightly 'warm' as you sip it and it glides down...akin to a nice brandy.

If you like colder drinks, put it in the freezer...will not go solid, but now has the consistency of melted ice cream...again, one shot glass...addicting!

If you drink either tea or coffee and usually use cream and sugar...stop! Instead, pour in some of the rum cream - your tea or coffee will be rich and velvety smooth and no matter how relaxed you think you already are, the drink with rum cream can be instantly felt in your shoulders...they'll drop a half inch...all tension gone. You'll have this silly smile on your face others will wonder about. I used to use a capfull of the rum cream per cup of coffee...now find that I count "1..2...3" and all the way to to 6 or 7.

You'd get sick before you got drunk on the rum cream, as the alcohol content is only 17%...it truly is a dessert in it's own right.

The banana flavor is subtle and you may find the drink not as sweet as you think...yet seems to me you wouldn't want to mix it with any other sweet drink base.

I've heard you're to refrigerate the bottle after opening, but I never have. Simply cap it and leave it in a cupboard (or more often than not, on the kitchen counter next to the coffee and coffee press.)

I also like the Coconut Rum cream...found the coffee flavored one not strong enough coffee flavored for my taste. The Rum Raisen is OK, and of course, the Original flavor (a cross between toffee and caramel) will do in a pinch...but the Banana?.....Heaven.

Can you tell I love the stuff?

Default Banana Rum

I mix it with Coke, but that banana split sounds great. 4 days and counting.

put it in your cereal instead of milk lol }

put it in you cereal instead of milk, then you will have bananas with your cereal.

Thanks for the suggestions! Will have to experiement and post the resoults Skeeter, I can't imagine CSS wouldn't have banana rum @ their bars! Razzl