Default $500 resort credit

hi,

can some please explain to me what this $500 resort credit is?

I've already booked to goto CSS in December this year for 10 nights. We booked in May this year.

I keep hearing about this credit but have no idea what it is?

thanks

The $500 Resort Credit is a promotion that Couples has offered from time to time. The current offer, called "Early Escapes", is to book a room for travel in 2011 and receive $500 to be applied to anything that you are able to charge to your room. To receive the credit, you must book your 2011 trip before July 1, 2010.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

If you booked in May of THIS year for December of THIS year, then you did not receive a credit. The 2010 credit had to be booked by June 2009. The current offer is only for 2011 bookings.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Is there a minimum number of nights that need to be booked in order to qualify for the credit? I booked a few months ago (in April) for 5 nights at CN, Jan 3-8 2011. My TA didn't say anything about a resort credit?

thanks everyone. This makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011 View Post
    Is there a minimum number of nights that need to be booked in order to qualify for the credit?
    7 night minimum is required.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We just went on line and booked our 2011 trip because of the $500 resort credit. The confirmation that we printed after making the reservation does not indicate the $500 credit anywhere. Is there something else we should do?

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    We just went on line and booked our 2011 trip because of the $500 resort credit. The confirmation that we printed after making the reservation does not indicate the $500 credit anywhere. Is there something else we should do?
    Jan:

If you just booked, you should see a code "X Fall In Love 2011 G11b" on your confirmation shown just below your room category that you booked. The resort uses the "G11b" code to know that you should receive the $500 resort credit. If that code is on your confirmation then you should be all set.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Do you have to book through the "Couples" site or could we use our TA through Air Canada Vacations or other Canadian tour operator?

Needsbluewater,
    I found "G11b" on the confirmation - thanks for your help!
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrace View Post
    Do you have to book through the "Couples" site or could we use our TA through Air Canada Vacations or other Canadian tour operator?
    I'm not sure if the offer is availabe for Canadians, I know that Europeans do not. You might need to call the 1-800 number. If it is available, you can book either through Couples or a TA.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I have "X Fall In Love 2011 G11a", on my confirmation for 7 nights in 6/2011, does anyone know why I would have a G11a instead of G11b? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ali1214 View Post
    I have "X Fall In Love 2011 G11a", on my confirmation for 7 nights in 6/2011, does anyone know why I would have a G11a instead of G11b? Thanks
    "G11a" is a code for the "Early Escapes" promotion for 2011 travel that began earlier this year that included the $500 credit as well. That promotion was "closed" on April 15th. The promotion was then extended to June 30th. The "G11a" just means that you booked during the original promotion as apposed to the extended time frame (or "G11b").
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I've booked 8 days for Jan 2011 through my Travel Agent. I have checked my conformation statement and there is no code on it. How do I get the code added?
    Could someone from Couples please respond.
    Thanks, Karon

Karon:

I would just contact your TA and the Couples 800 number and verify that you are in their system correctly. The TA's confirmation would undoubtedly be different than a confirmation directly from Couples. It doesn't surprise me that the TA confirmation doen't us the Couples coding system.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Hey All,

I booked for 10 days directly with couples for end of this year to the beginning of next year. My invoice and confirmation PDF file makes no mention of the invoice of the $500 credit. When I emailed back about this I was told that all stays 7 nights or longer automatically get the $500 credit and it's not on the invoice. Does this sound right to you guys?

DanL:

I'd contact Couples on this one. Your situation sounds unique. To me, it would depend on when you booked and what promotion was being offered at the time of booking. I am not sure what the ramifications of your stay overlapping the end of year are. The number of days booked in 2010 vs 2011 might play a part. Again, I'm sure a Couples rep at their 800 number could explain it.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Hello all;

Same thing for me, I booked 4 nights at CSS and 7 nights at CN for April 2011 and on the reservation print out doesn't show $500 Resort credit. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Kgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    I'm not sure if the offer is availabe for Canadians, I know that Europeans do not. You might need to call the 1-800 number. If it is available, you can book either through Couples or a TA.
    It's definitely available to Canadians. I just don't know if you qualify for the credit if you book a package, whether through a TA or online. If you have a TA book through the resort directly, rather than as a package offered by a tour op (like Air Canada Vacations, Sunwing, etc) you should get the credit.
    We booked online first (through the Couples site, not a package), then decided to change the dates and resorts and called. We also have an email confirmation of the resort credit.
    We booked our air separate ourselves (online). Packages aren't even available that far out yet for us (Dec/Jan). Based on Oct/Nov. rates (which are alwyas yes than Xmas) we can already see this was the better way to go.