Default Duty Free Alcohol

Does anyone know the number of bottles we can bring back per person?

Deb - you can bring back as much as you want. However, you can only bring a certain amount back duty (i.e., tax) free. Each person can bring one liter of any type of liquor PLUS one liter of liquor from the Caribbean (e.g., Appleton Rum, Rum Cream) duty free. If you buy it outside the airport in Montego Bay, you will have to pack it in your checked bagged because it cannot go through security. If you buy it at MoBay airport, you can carry it with you on the plane. Keep in mind, that if you have a connecting flight in the U.S., you will have to pack your liquor into your checked bags after you retrieve your bags and go through customs in the U.S. I personally find that risky because of breakage, although others bring bubble wrap with them for this purpose. Of course, it's not a problem at all if you have a direct flight from Jamaica to your final destination in the U.S.

Thank You!!! Great info! We're going charter out of STL so we'll have a direct flight but I think we'll still take the bubble wrap and an empty carry on bag to bring some back! :-)