Default More than beer at the airport couples lounge?

When we arrived last year, there was only beer available at the Couples lounge at the airport. Not being a beer drinker, I would have loved a glass of wine...anyone know if this has changed?

Beer, Pepsi and Water. It has something to do with licensing Randy posted. I don't drink beer either, but the water is always welcome.
    Vicky

I don't think so. Beer, water or soda, I think.

Still just beer and water.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

The margaritaville express has different beverages available outside. I usually get a bottle of red stripe for the ride. That first bottle tastes so good as you are leaving MBJ.

Randy did post a while back on this. There is some sort of agreement with the airport where they cannot offer anything but beer, soda, and water.

I prefer Red Stripe Light in a bottle or a margaritta so I go outside and pay for my own drink!

We got soda and a Ting (not the bottle but out of the dispenser) when we arrived last December. We're not beer drinkers but saw many with beer. You can also get water. It's real refreshing after several hours on an airplane.

When you walk into the Couples lounge at the airport you are LESS than 2 hours from all the wine you can drink.....

Grab a soda or some water and let the countdown BEGIN!!!!!

I think they have red stripe, soda and wata.

Since this is classified as a 'couples lounge' at the airport, does this mean this the beer, soda and water are complimentary?

Just wonder how big of a cooler I need to pack for the long haul to CSS from MB ;-)

While on the subject of refreshments, are there any refreshments available on the bus ride to CSS? If so, what are the selections? Beer, soda and water again?

Best regards,
    Bastage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastage View Post
    Since this is classified as a 'couples lounge' at the airport, does this mean this the beer, soda and water are complimentary?

Just wonder how big of a cooler I need to pack for the long haul to CSS from MB ;-)

While on the subject of refreshments, are there any refreshments available on the bus ride to CSS? If so, what are the selections? Beer, soda and water again?

Best regards,
    Bastage.
    The airport lounge has draft beer, but not bottles, so the cooler would be pretty useless. The shuttle itself does not have refreshments on board, it's only what you bring. Not sure about the ride to CSS, but the ride to CN/CSA will stop a little over halfway at a jerk centre/bar for a pit stop and you can grab bottles of beer for the remainder of the ride.

Yes, the beverages are complimentary at the Couples lounge. We usually grab a cup of beer for the ride. However, keep in mind that the drivers are not Couples employees, so they do not have free beer on the bus.

Also, you don't want to go too crazy with the beer. It's a long ride. A few years ago we had to make multiple stops on the way to CSS (and yes, I was one of the offenders).

Bastage,
    The Red Stripe--regular and lite--are complimentary in the Couples Lounge. The shuttle driver will ask during the trip if anyone wants to stop on the way to the resort. If there is a stop, you will have to pay for your purchases. Most don't want to stop so they can arrive at the resort and begin their vacations!

Have a wonderful time!
    suzyQ

Bastage - we have historicaally packed some cold cans of beer in checked luggage - then just a quick zip and another quick flip and you are enjoying a cold one on the way to paradise. One year the driver stopped before we even left the airport and facilitated a bag of cold Red Stripes ... Consumption Commerce is alive and well in MoBay! Enjoy your trip!

Our flight gets in at 9:30am. A bit early for beer so I was hoping they might have some Blue Mountain coffee. Anywhere near the lounge that I can grab some good coffee for the trip?

Keep in mind, that what goes in must come out and the ride to the CSS/CTI is about 1 1/2 hours. Our drivers have asked if anyone has to stop. Last year, someone did, but the year before, it was straight through to paradise. There are plenty of opportunities to go off resort to expereince Jamaica if that is why you wat to stop.
    Vicky

It seems like every time we arrive at the Couples Lounge we barely have enough time to drink anything before we are hustled off to the resort! No drinks, no delays, no problem! Lots to drink once we get to the resort!