Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?

going to csa and wondering it booking a bfvs is worth almost $1000 more than the atrium room for our stay?

Do you think it's worth it?

If so, then why give a rat's butt what anyone else, including me thinks? It's your vacation, it's your money. Do what makes you happy.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought you'd been there? Ok, ok...

Two questions, that only you can answer... what do you DO in your room, and how often do you intend to do it?

No, no... wait; that's not it...

Look, I'm pretty sure that if you've been to SweptAway, you already know that answer. You know just where both accommodations are, and what they look like, and what the relative differences are in trim and amenities. It's all a matter of whether that means $1000 to YOU.

Sorry I can't help much more than that...

By the way... hi from the Appleton/GreenBay area!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Sorry about the earlier post... you've been to CTI & CSS... welcome to SweptAway! In any case, its all about location at SweptAway, and my comments, I think still stand. There are some subtle differences in the rooms, but the look and feel is consistant throughout the room categories.

The photos on the website do the rooms justice... look for them.

Sorry for the confusion... and hello up there! (Kaukauna here)...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

As stated before depends on what you really want out of your room if you are the type that needs a fridge and tv then it might be worth it. Only you will know the answer to that!!

geez ron and rosa just looking for some input...no prob chris green bay here but all of our besties live in the appleton area! just wondering if it is worth it seeing as sometimes the "ocean view" is really not that great in some rooms

Loved your post, Ron - I agree - for some the extra $1000 to be right on the beach is worth it, for others, not so much.

Whatever your room choice, I'm confident you'll enjoy CSA!

Have fun!

IMHO... No. I would use the grand a a few extra days.

It is for us....

We went through this same exact dilemma!!!! we ended up choosing the BFVS and I know we made the right choice because of how excited I feel every time I think about our trip!!! I've never stayed in a beachfront anything so to me it's totally worth it and I can't wait!

that's just my opinion though. your choice. ;-)

Wow people, chill out. Ron and Rosa, you are recently new to Couples so I'm sure you can appreciate someone asking a question that perhaps only those that have visited before can answer. If they can afford to pay the extra $1000 that's great, but whether it is worth the extra $1000 is the question here. If they haven't been to CSA how would they know if it is really worth the extra money; hence the question to those of us that have been to CSA.

I have stayed in an Atrium and thoroughly enjoyed it. The beachfront suites look wonderful with a huge terrace, etc. The view would be wonderful. The only thing that might be a problem would be noise given the proximity to the beach and activities in the evenings. I haven't seen the inside of the beachfront suites, but they are likely similar to that of the Atrium. You would have more outdoor lounging space and of course the exceptional view of the ocean and sunsets.

IMHO if money isn't an issue then book the beachfront. However, if the money is a factor and you don't plan on spending too much time sitting on your porch then go with the Atrium. Enjoy, you won't be disappointed. (Since you are a repeater you are entitled to, if available, a room category upgrade).
    Sharon "gravysgal"

For me, if I did not have a budget to consider I definitely would book the Beachfront Suites at CSA as I think they are terrific, especially the terraces. I like to sit outside and read or nap and these rooms are just ideal for that IMO.

But budget almost always is an issue and I really like the atrium rooms.

We stayed in a beachfront suite at CSA. And we prefer beachfront rooms at CN. In our opinion, and being from land-locked Colorado where the most water we see is our bathtub, we do think it is worth it. We only vacation in Jamaica every 18-24 months so we really love the views of the ocean. So for us, it is worth it. (And we spend very little time in our room).

Everyone is different though.

To me, no, but that is because the Atrium Suites are my favorite. Many others love the BVFS and would say that $1000 is a small price to pay. It is a subjective choice.

StarrandBrian I'll take a shot at answering your question. The BFVS faces directly on the beach, has the mini bar/TV and glass in the windows. The Atrium suites don't have the mini bar/TV or glass in the windows, have a garden view with a possibility of a partial beach view and a hammock on the veranda.

If you plan to spend time on your veranda gazing at the beach and the other items mean something to you for the $1,000 then go for it. We aren't independently wealthy, book garden veranda rooms and spend extra money at the spa or gift shop. We are hardly in the room unlike some people who seem to spend the day lounging on their veranda. There's way too much to do in my humble opinion at CSA for that.

Good luck planing your stay in Paradise, aka CSA!

we are from appleton are toooo...!!! so nice to see others from around this area on here.....we have been to swept away one other time and will be back next may for our wedding....we have booked a bfvs for that reason, we wanted something special for the occasion....and really, i think the 3 main differences in all the rooms is location, if it has a mini bar, and if it has a tv....and really as far as the bfvs is concerned , i think location is what the extra cost is...to us, and our wedding it is worth it....but like everyone else has said, it depends how you feel about spending the extra money...

LOL - omg some of you, including the OP, totally mis-read my response (gonegril you got it tho). Which of course is partly my fault, since you can't "see" my intentions. My point was quite simple: It their vacation, their money. If they think spending X amount of additional dollars for a room is worth it, then go for it. If they don't then don't. Plain and simple. I wasn't the least bit angry or trying to come across as such when I posted it. I even ended my post with one of these: Why would I smile at someone to whom I was giving a hard time?

(thought it best to conclude with another , just in case)
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I book the BFS for my wife. She likes to hear the waves at night. It's worth it.

On our resent first trip to Jamaica we stayed at CSA and had the Atrium suite and loved it. Although we could not see the beach we could still hear the waves lapping the shore and did not miss the TV all. In fact not having a tv added to our state of relaxation because we did not hear about all the problems in the outside world and the spell of a tropical paradise just worked its majic..
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Ok starrandbrianinwi, here's my opinion: I say yes. I have never been to couples and I say yes. Now, the reason I say yes is because, how many times will u stay in a beachfront property? I think it's great to wake up and walk out on the beach everyday. When we booked our trip to Couples, they were offering the upgrades for the rooms @ CTI. We didn't want the rooms, we wanted a suite. We want a fridge and minibar. You can only get them in the suites. People say u don't spend that much time in your room. That may be true but, for the time I am in my room, I want what I want and I want to be comfortable. So, yes it's worth it. So book it, enjoy it and let me know how it was.

Just weighing in with my opinion. We stayed at CSA in a GVS last October and are going back at the end of June, to a BFS. I can TOTALLY empathize with your dilemma but seriously - don't worry about it. I just wanted to make a suggestion to my fellow worry wart.
    When we went last year we knew we were going back so we went to the front desk and asked to see the other room categories. The staff was amazing and promptly explained the differences and took us to a BFS, which was the category I wasn't sure about. GVS, OVS, and BFVS are all the same room, of course, just different locations. The Guest Relations lady even gave me a map of the property and showed me where the various categories were on the property.
    Ultimately, we chose the BFS for the next trip for these semi-practical reasons:
    1. Because of our routine for dinner causing us to miss the sunset (I take forever to get ready and we usually have a few drinks before dinner).
    2. We aren't in our room much but we do like to take late afternoon naps, and I have to watch the amount of sun I get in one day so it's nice being able to retreat to shade occasionally and still be at the beach.
    3. Some friends of ours are going with us (first trip for them). We thought it would be nice to have a verandah to share while still allowing them to save some money with a GVS.
    4. The BFS bathrooms were being remodeled when we were there. I liked the new look.
    Good Luck and while this drove me crazy when people said it to me, I'm going to say it anyway. Don't stress out about it! It will be awesome.

I say if you can afford it, go for it! But, book the Beachfront Suite not the Beachfront Verandah Suite (unless a tv is deal breaker). I think you will love the huge patio/porch and it's right there on the beach. Have fun. You will love CSA!

Default Who cares about TV!!!!!

My husband and I booked our first trip ever to couples. We are staying in the Atrium at CSA. We are renewing our vows March 2nd at 4p.m. and will be there from 2/28/11 till 3/6/11. The last thing I care about after 20 years of marriage is a tv in my room, that is not what we will be doing during our trip! We never got a honeymoon because my husband took a new job position with a new company right before we got married. We started our family right away and well....that was that. So now that my girls are 17 and 19...this is our honeymoon after 20 years. I can't wait!!! I do question NO GLASS OVER THE WINDOWS! What is that all about can you elaberate?

Default Beachfront Suite

Hi,

Okay, since this is still active, I'll get my two cents worth in. We've stayed in a ground floor Beachfront Suite (old section) twice, and LOVED it. This first time, we got in the middle of the property (first old bldg next to the new BVFS). This was the ultimate suite, quiet, halfway between the greathouse and the Palms, and directly on the beach. The second time, we were a bit closer to the Palms (maybe 1128), and we were directly in front of where they set up the Beach Party night.

It WAS worth it to us, as we really enjoyed watching the staff set up for the party, and we loved the ease of beach access. The larger verandah was heaven on earth, with it's ceiling fan and lounge chairs. Breakfast was delivered directly to the patio every morning, so we could get up at our leisure and have coffee ready. The little birds came for crumbs, and everyone smiled and waved as they walked by on the main path. Late afternoon would find us enjoying a cocktail there in the shade, just watching the world go by.

We didn't miss the TV too much, but if you want to keep up with the outside world, that would be a consideration when deciding on room type. The mini bar was stocked, and there's always a bar close by.

Drawback? had to be the screens and shutters on the window, instead of glass and shutters, as there are in the Verandah rooms. As a light sleeper, the noises from the rain in the downspouts, the band, the people walking by on the path talking, and yes, even the surf, would wake me up. I know some people relish this, and I wish I could be one of them.

Do whatever you can afford without breaking the bank.

Beergirl

My husband and I just spent a week in the BFVS. We loved it! The view was amazing as well as the waves crashing on the beach. So if you are in it for the view....I say go for it.

We didn't watch much TV, and as far as the mini bar I think we might have made 2 drinks the whole time.

We drink alot of water, so we would bring some extras up from the beach bars to the room. The house keeping would always fill up our ice bucket so we always had ice.

And there is also self serve soda and water machines on each side of the resort.

So if the view is NOT important to you, and since you can pretty much keep yourself stocked with soda and bottled water, I say save the 1000.00 and maybe stay a day longer.

Have a great time
    erob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast