Default Just back from CN

We are very recently back from 4 relaxing days at CN. The weather could have been better as we had mostly cloudy days but the water was warm and wonderful and we had a good time.

It was our first real stay at CN and while we enjoyed many things about the resort, we have booked our next trip back to CSA as there were things we missed/preferred.

I will try and get a full review done within the next couple of weeks but am happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

Do pack bug spray if you are headed to Jamaica soon as we sprayed down regularly out of necessity.

We are headed to CN for the FIRST time on Sat and I can't wait!

Any last minute words of wisdom...reminders of what to pack....anything NOT to forget...hints or secrets for an even more fabulous vacation...?

I have LOTS of bug spray. I'm worried about that b/c I usually get eaten alive and am scared of being miserable on vacation w/ bug bites.

Quote Originally Posted by rhmama View Post
    We are headed to CN for the FIRST time on Sat and I can't wait!

Any last minute words of wisdom...reminders of what to pack....anything NOT to forget...hints or secrets for an even more fabulous vacation...?

I have LOTS of bug spray. I'm worried about that b/c I usually get eaten alive and am scared of being miserable on vacation w/ bug bites.
    pack a bottler opener for the bus ride to negril red stripes in ja are NOT twist offs

Caviargal I can't wait to read your review. We had our first stay at CSA last month and were looking into CN for the next trip. It sounds like you prefer CSA over CN. I would be interested in hear why. Is Bloody Bay similar to 7 Mile? So many questions but I will wait for your review.

It may be a while before my review so here are some quick comparisons.

We preferred the nightlife at CSA and really missed dancing to Exodus in the evenings after dinner.

We preferred the spa at CSA. The treatment rooms at CN were too bright, too warm and too noisy. And I missed my daily steam.

I missed the wide variety of fitness classes that CSA offers. This was really limited at CN and I was not interested in classes outdoors as the bugs and heat were too much to enjoy a workout.

We prefer the outdoor dining options at CSA for dinner, especially Lemongrass which is very romantic. And we missed Seagrapes and the lively martini bar above The Palms. It was really quiet in the martini bar before dinner at CN and we were twice the only ones in there.

We both felt the food selection at the Palm's buffets at CSA offered more variety than CN.

The beach was lovely at CN but I prefer the activity of CSA's beach and the ease of wandering off property for lunch just by walking on the beach.
    My husband prefers the beach at CN. We both prefer the overall layout of CSA to CN.

We enjoyed CN and are very happy we chose to stay there. We just now know that CSA is a better fit for us.

rhmamma, book your dinner reservation for Otaheite early as we arrived at 1pm on Friday and the first availability was Sunday night at 8:45pm.

We enjoyed a late afternoon dip in the beautiful pool at CN. something we never did at CSA.