Default can we Skype from CN?

We will be at CN this year in September. We have two children that will be staying with Grandma while we are here. I was wondering if there was WIFI in the rooms at CN. We are staying in the beachfront suite. I am going to be bringing my laptop and I know that Skype has free video calling to other Skype members. Will this still apply for international Skype or will Skype not work here in Jamaica? We would just like to be able to see the kids when we are talking to them, plus its free! (hopefully)
    Thanks!

I personally did not SKYPE from CN by I know the couple staying above us did Skype with their children. We were in deluxe beachfront rooms also.

We took our laptop to CN just for this reason. We took it to the beach so our children could see where we were staying. We also asked some of the staff to talk to them. The kids loved it.

We did last month but there were issues with the internet during our stay so access was not always available.

we used skype at CTI in april there is also a calling plan for $12.95 FOR A MONTH YOU CAN USE YOUR LAPTOP TO CALL LANDLINES IN THE US

We just returned from CN, June 2-9, and had no problem Skyping with our kids while we were there. The WiFi worked perfectly in our room. The kids enjoyed being able to see us and our room and the view from our balcony. Our laptop was too big to fit into the in-room safe, but we keep it locked up in our suitcase and it was never bothered. Enjoy your trip!

The biggest problem you will have is the internet speed. It isn't always the greatest, depending on where you are. We use it with a daughter who lives in the UK from home and international is no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeman2368 View Post
    we used skype at CTI in april there is also a calling plan for $12.95 FOR A MONTH YOU CAN USE YOUR LAPTOP TO CALL LANDLINES IN THE US
    You can do that without spending 12.95 a month. I use SKYPE from my netbook to call land lines and mobiles and do not have a monthly plan. Rates are very low.