Default Going out in Negril

My husband and I are leaving Sunday for our trip. we are beyond excited!!! I have heard good and bad about venturing out to the downtown area. I know we want to hit Ricks for sunset one night. Any other suggestions for a very "local- feel", but safe place to maybe even have dinner?drinks? or local music????

Ricks is anything but a very "local- feel" IMO. It is tourist central. you might love it but realize it is a tourist spot first and foremost with prices to match.

We head to the cliffs often when in Negril. Ivan's, Xtabi, Rockhouse, Pushcart and many more options depending on what you are looking for. AA casual dinner can be had at 7 Dives or LTU. All depends on what you are looking for.

Thanks!!!

We love going to Burbon Beach for lunch. They have the best jerk chicken this side of Port Antonio. We walk there along the beach and visit a few vendors along the way. It's about a 20 minute walk from CSA. The last time we went we took a cab back. It was getting close to sunset and hubby had ejoyed a few too many Red Stripes. I think the cab cost us about $5.00.

One of these times we'll go to Burbon Beach in the evening when they have a local artist preforming. Not sure what night that is but they usually have someone walking along the beach handing out flyers for the event.
    Enjoy.
    Karon