Default What are the MUST DOES/TRIES at CTI

What was/is your
    FAVORITE Drink?
    Favorite Place to eat and dish??
    Favorite activity to do???

We are going in 3 wks.... I am soo excited... I am terrified of the paperwork side of flying out of the country (first time to go out of the country with a passport!) But Excited all the same!!!

1. Bob Marley shots with a Red Stripe chaser (do in 1:1 ratio for maximum effect)
    2. We love 8 Rivers, but the Bayside change is WONDERFUL. Tough choice. Now that I think about it...Veggie Bar, buffet, Beach Grill...EVERYTHING is our favorite. LOL
    3. Enjoy a peaceful vacation with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by azcook View Post
    . . . . I am terrified of the paperwork side of flying out of the country (first time to go out of the country with a passport!) . . . .
    There's nothing terrifying about the paperwork. Each person is required to fill out an Immigration and Customs Declaration form. On the immigration portion of the form, you'll be asked questions such as your name and address, your passport number and date of issuance, your nationality/citizenship, where you'll be staying, the length of your stay, and your port of departure.

On the customs portion of the form, you'll be asked if you have anything to declare. Chances are that you do not. You have something to declare if you are bringing anything into the country that you do not intend to leave with or do not intend to consume. For example, your clothes will be returning with you, and you will be consuming (using up) items such as sunblock. If you are bringing in gifts, you are legally required to declare them, although a majority of people on the MB have indicated that they do not do so.

When you land in MoBay, you'll proceed to Immigration. After the immigration agent reviews the form, he or she will separate it into two (there's a small perforated portion at the bottom). The larger portion will be handed to you, and the agent will usually place the smaller portion inside of your passport and hand that back to you. You'll have to present the smaller portion at immigration when you are leaving the country. After you clear Immigration, you'll collect any checked luggage you have and then proceed to Customs. You'll step in the appropriate line (nothing to declare, items to declare), hand the larger portion of the customs and immigration form to the agent, and proceed.

You'll enter into a halllway, hang a left, and enter into a big open area with the various resort lounges, where you'll easily spot the Couples Lounge. You're anxious b/c it's your first time and you don't know what to expect, but it's really not difficult. Relax. You'll be fine. Just don't drink too much on the plane.
    Last edited by Pamela; June 10th, 2010 at 01:02 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default Must Do's @ CTI

1. Favorite Drink: Mudslide and/or Pina Colada (have Damion make them either at the Piano Bar or on the Island).

2. All the food was great. I'm craving the jerk chicken right now!!!

3. Lay out on the island. Don't wait to try it!!! =)

PS... The passport thing is easy. Don't worry and have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    1. Bob Marley shots with a Red Stripe chaser (do in 1:1 ratio for maximum effect)
    2. We love 8 Rivers, but the Bayside change is WONDERFUL. Tough choice. Now that I think about it...Veggie Bar, buffet, Beach Grill...EVERYTHING is our favorite. LOL
    3. Enjoy a peaceful vacation with each other.
    All this and you must experience the Island, if only for an hour.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roclin View Post
    All this and you must experience the Island, if only for an hour.

ENJOY!!!
    After 6 years of Couples, I feel I can respectfully disagree. "Must" and "choose" are not synonymous. Although, we did trip over there a couple of years back before it opened to check it out...

What was/is your
    FAVORITE Drink? Mud Slide, Miami Vice, Purple Rain, Chocolate Martini--made my Antionette. For refreshing drink--Ting & Vodka, sometimes the others get too sweet for me. Hoping to brave a Bob Marley this year.
    Favorite Place to eat and dish??Hmm, tough call,Verandah & 8 Rivers for dinner--pumpkin soup, filet, crab cakes; Veggie Bar for Hummus and Sweet Potato Chips, Grill for Beef Patties. Patio for Hot Fudge Cake and Fruit Smoothies, Banana Pancakes. Oh who am I kidding, it's all good!
    Favorite activity to do???Go to the island during the day and visit with friends, listen to music. Dunn's River if you haven't and horseback riding if you haven't gone before. It's great to see the country side by horseback. Also the power walk.

We are going in 3 wks.... I am soo excited... I am terrified of the paperwork side of flying out of the country (first time to go out of the country with a passport!) But Excited all the same!!!
    When do you arrive? We come in on the 3rd. It's getting closer.
    Vicky

Can anyone tell me what is in a Bob Marley please? We are being deflowered as Couples virgins in 262 days time so keen to find out all we can and ensure we try all that is possible. I for one will be working my way through the cocktails can't say the same for the good lady though as she doesn't have the same all day drinking capacity.

What was/is your
    FAVORITE Drink?
    -Miami Vice w/Appleton Rum
    -Tie between The veggie bar (sweet potato chips and dips) * Jerk burger at the Grill.
    -Lounge under a beautiful palm tree by the swim up bar pool

Give the au natural island a try! I was so happy that my fiance was willing to try it out, we spent every afternoon together right next to the water reading with the waves as our only distraction.

The Bob Marley shot - Um... hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but it's terrible... I think it's a practical joke that people play on others who come to Jamaica for the first time. It's layers of liquor... peppermint schnapps and 151 is all you taste. Maybe some people like them, I don't know how they could, but whatever.. it got my fiance brave enough to try the island.

A couple secrets for you regarding food:

-At the grill, they have chicken and beef jerk hot pocket things.. they are really good! And the Jerk burger is fantastic!

-For breakfast, look at the croissants, some of them are filled with chocolate, so good!

-Flaming bananas foster at the veranda is amazing!

Bayside, setting and food the best.

And the Island, dont wait, go the first day, you will love it.

Enjoy Jamaica, and CTI.

One love,
    Barb

Antoinette can also make you a great frozen drink called an "Antoinette". It is made with rum cream, Frangelico, Amaretto, and simple syrup. Highly recommended.

Default Cti

Well first off have a great time and savor every minute of your trip..time flies at CTI..every bit of it is wonderful....Kaleel at the main bar makes awesome drinks please say hi to Joy Anna at guest services she is the best

1) Dirty Bannana, vodka with Jamaican lime juice / fresh limes and rum cream on ice to top off every night.
    2)8 Rivers is unreal, but so is all the food. Do not miss anything that is jerk (chicken, pork, steak). Also, the beach party if you have never done it. And lobster night if it has started.
    3)You MUST do the island!!! Do not wait until the last day, you WILL be sorry. We have met multiple life long friends on the island. It is the most relaxing place on earth! Also, Dunn Rivers Falls if this is your first trip. Couples takes you, free trip.
    You did not ask, but the very best part of the trip is the Jamaican people and CTI staff. They will treat you like no others and make sure your trip is not just a vacation, you will become part of the Couples family.
    When we arrive and are "welcomed home" by Kirk and Everald, you know you are in for a very special week.
    We will be on the island 6/26 - 7/3, hope to say hello.
    Mi love fi binaked inna Jamaica
    (Patois for: I Love To Be Naked in Jamaica / At the island or SSB Mon!)

We will be coming in on the 3rd also!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone.. You guys are right I am just anxious and dont know what to expect but now I do!! thank you very much!! i am so excited!!

I haven't tried everything here yet but so far I would say you must visit the island (don't forget to use lots of sunblock), eat at 8 rivers and try a drink called a humming bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Barren View Post

The Bob Marley shot - Um... hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but it's terrible... I think it's a practical joke that people play on others who come to Jamaica for the first time. It's layers of liquor... peppermint schnapps and 151 is all you taste. Maybe some people like them, I don't know how they could, but whatever.. it got my fiance brave enough to try the island.
    Why you...

They aren't for everyone, but we like them enough to make them at home fairly regularly.

Pour like this:

Grenadine
    Grand Marnier
    Creme d'Menthe (will layer with the GM)
    Overproof Rum

(note, this is the CTI variant. The West end resorts appear to use bananananana in there. Ew)

We will be coming in on the 3rd also!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone.. You guys are right I am just anxious and dont know what to expect but now I do!! thank you very much!! i am so excited!!

What time? I don't see you on the Meet Up thread, only because I know Rod & Fiona and they are the only others listed for arrival on July 3rd.

I can't wait. I have some of my "dinner" clothes already. Now matching shoes and jewelry. Oh I always over pack.
    Vicky

Coconut Punch

I agree......Bob Marley shot----yuck

Go on the tour to Bob Marley's house!!! It is extra but totally worth it---I think about $74/pp, but you get to see all of the countryside on your way there.

Make reservations for 8 Rivers, as soon as you get there.....at least 2 nights---Best food! Skip Verandah---gross and the wait is ridiculous.
    Bayside is also good (if you like Asian cuisine) and the Grill (mmmm....jerk chicken)is open pretty much 24/7

and again........go to the island (we waited til our last day, but won't next time

What was/is your
    FAVORITE Drink?

Top Shelf Martini at the Piano Bar (Grey Goose)

We ate at all of the restaurants, and LOVED every single meal.
    If you can't get a reservation, then you can always eat at the Buffet, which is fabulous btw..make sure you ask for Rack of Lamb, we had it twice and it was cooked to perfection.
    The food is awesome no matter which place you eat..they are all 5 star in our book. Don't forget to go to the veggie bar for some fantastic sweet potato chips with smoked Marlin dip, this was our Favorite munchy spot.
    In the gift shop on the beach side there is a coffee bar which offers the best Frappicinno's you ever had.
    Honestly we never ate anywhere that we were not completly satisfied, including the desserts. Every meal is served on white table cloth,and napkin pressed to perfection which adds to the beauty of the resort..and makes even breakfast special.

Do order breakfast to your room every day, we ate on our balcony overlooking the ocean every day, and caught every single sunrise..just breath taking.

Favorite activity;
    for us it was mostly R&R, we were on our wedding honeymoon, and we soaked up every bit of time we could together,all the sun,music, fun, massage, swimming, scuba,glass bottom boat, Hobi Cat.
    Jamaican people are wonderful, you will fall in Love with this resort.we didn't want to leave..it was our first time to Jamaica, may 3rd this year we were married there on the beach.
    We cannot wait to return to this Beautiful CTI

Have FUN!!!! Relax, don't worry about the traveling out of the country, its a breeze, and the Jamaican people make you feel like you belong there..they cater to your every need, and you won't even have to ask. They work hard to make you their first priority.

Enjoy yourselves...
    Mary & Julio

The Bob Marley isn't a drink, it's a rite of passage; hence it's a "MUST DO".
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Default CTI Must Do's

Climb the waterfall!! But try to pick a day when a cruise ship isn't in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    The Bob Marley isn't a drink, it's a rite of passage; hence it's a "MUST DO".
    We push it like sleazy used-car salespeople down there. Plenty of folks have been affected.