Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Reads

I just finished the Twilight series, by Stephanie Meyer..."Twilight", "New Moon" and "Eclipse." I usually enjoy mystery/thrillers, so these were a bit out of my normal reading genre. Anyway, somebody recommended them to me and I REALLY enjoyed them.

Oh, and I haven't read a John Gresham book yet that I didn't love.

Pat Conroy wrote a book called South of Broad. Excellent...spans several decades, very good read. Any book by Pat Conroy is great.

Cindy- I was already thinking that I would love The Art of Racing in the Rain. Thanks for that suggestion. I will get it!My husband Jimmy and I both also graduated from Alabama way back when Bear Bryant was the coach. Jimmy is the most dedicated Alabama football fan. Needless to say, he has been smiling ever since they won in January. KNOW you are as excited as us to be going back to Couples. It is so much fun to have that to look forward to.

ssbeachlover, If you have only read those 3 Stephenie Meyer books you have not finished the series... You also need to read "Breaking Dawn" the 4th and until now, the last book in the Twilight saga.... Now however, there is a new little book that revisits a character from Eclipse, it's called "The short second life of Bree Tanner", it just came out this month.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbeachlover View Post
    I just finished the Twilight series, by Stephanie Meyer..."Twilight", "New Moon" and "Eclipse." I usually enjoy mystery/thrillers, so these were a bit out of my normal reading genre. Anyway, somebody recommended them to me and I REALLY enjoyed them.

Oh, and I haven't read a John Gresham book yet that I didn't love.

If you like the Twilight series, you should try out some of the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Great fun beach reads!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2