Default How's the beach looking?

Do you think any oil from the oil spill will make its way over?

You're kidding right?? Not a chance in the world of that happening.

There's a whole lotta Cuba between the mess and JA... anything is possible, but this one falls under extremely unlikely. Florida, its Keys, and the east coast of the US have MUCH more to worry about in regards to this mess.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Unfortunately I live 2 hours from the oil spill so all of my local beaches will be affected. Although what you see on TV is blown way out of proportion. Much like Hurricane Katrina was for us too.

it is all over the world

Quote Originally Posted by Allans_Angel View Post
    You're kidding right?? Not a chance in the world of that happening.
    Spare me the attitude dude, here all we're hearing is horror stories.

Google "loop current". waters from jamaica flow north into the gulf and then the current flows around Florida up the east coast.

My fiance came home last night and said that people at work were telling him we should be worried about the oil during our honeymoon in July at CSS - so I came on here to see if anyone was talking about it too. We pray it stays away!

Quote Originally Posted by kikidoll View Post
    Spare me the attitude dude, here all we're hearing is horror stories.
    There was no attitude, but a sure fire way to elicit one is to call me DUDE. Be nice.

And like the other poster here said...the currents just don't run that way - the spill isn't going to have an effect on the beaches of Jamaica.

There truly is no way that the spill will hit Jamaica, so please everyone relax, don't worry about Jamaica. Be more concerned for the folks along the gulf that can lose their homes, their livelihoods, everything that they have worked years for. In addtion to all the wildlife. And the harm to folks trying to clean it up.