Default shoes at 8 rivers at CTI

What kind of shoes should guys wear at 8 rivers? Would a dressy leather sandal be OK? My husband dresses up everyday for work and really wants a vacation from the office outfit.

I brought a pair of slip on dressy loafers to wear to the nicer restaurants. Dress sandals might be acceptable but I would make sure they are closed toe.

As long as they are closed toe sandals they are fine.
    Vicky

The dress code requires men to wear closed shoes.

This is something that I wish would be cleared up once and for all. The FAQ says one thing and the information on the specific resort restaurant and dining page says something else. This is what is posted for 8 Rivers on Couples Tower Isle dining page; Required Dress Code - [Resort Attire-Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted]
    Actually, Feathers at CSA is the ONLY restaurant st any of the resorts that specifies "semi-formal" for women and dress/closed shoes for men.
    I could be wrong but I thought at one time the FAQ was written by someone from the message board, not Couples. But I looked and didn't see any type of disclaimer that it wasn't written by Couples Resorts, so maybe it is now official information.If so,and the dress code is correct on there they should change the info on the dining pages. May help clear up some of the confusion on whats ok and not ok.

Default Closed Toed Shoes

Is there something about closed toed shoes that people do not understand?

In all the dress requirements it states closed toed shoes for special restaurants for men, they request/require them.

If you can not dress according to the dress code, there are other restaurants to select from.

Dockers are closed toed and very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    This is something that I wish would be cleared up once and for all. The FAQ says one thing and the information on the specific resort restaurant and dining page says something else. This is what is posted for 8 Rivers on Couples Tower Isle dining page; Required Dress Code - [Resort Attire-Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted]
    Actually, Feathers at CSA is the ONLY restaurant st any of the resorts that specifies "semi-formal" for women and dress/closed shoes for men.
    I could be wrong but I thought at one time the FAQ was written by someone from the message board, not Couples. But I looked and didn't see any type of disclaimer that it wasn't written by Couples Resorts, so maybe it is now official information.If so,and the dress code is correct on there they should change the info on the dining pages. May help clear up some of the confusion on whats ok and not ok.
    Well said! I agree they should clean up the website so it's actually consistent throughout the site.

You are right, Feathers is the only restaurant that requires closed toe shoes. Otherwiise the only mention of footwear is on the CSA page, which states "no flip-flops or beach slippers" Whatever beach slippers are. Not familiar with the term. I picture people on the beach with fuzzy slippers. lol.

When we went to CSA hubby brought some closed toe, dressy sandals so that he didn't need to bring dress shoes that needed socks. He wore them not only to Feathers, but elsewhere, because they were comfortable and fairly cool (although nothing is as cool o the feet as open sandals)

I think that's the main thing about the dress code that bothers people. It's not the dressing up part so much as the thought of wearing socks and shoes and long pants in a hot tropical environment... and don't tell me the restuarants have A/C so they're cool... only Feathers did and it was a bit too cold for the women wearing summer clothes instead of long pants and closed shoes. In fact, the closed in, cold air environment was what I disliked about Feathers.
    That's what I hated most about the cruise... the dining rooms were totally enclosed and FREEZING and I had to wear a sweater over my summer dresses every night. I even wished I had long pants sometimes to keep warm. I would hate to see Couples go that way.

I'm not saying people should dress like slobs for dinner, but I do think long pants, as opposed to "dress shorts", and closed toe shoes is a bit much for the tropics. JMHO. In fact, I saw a recent picture of the casual restaurant as CSS at night and saw a guy in a sleeveless shirt!!! What's with that? There used to be a rule about no sleeveless shirts for men in all dining rooms at night. Where did that go????