Default Which resort should we choose?

We stayed at CSA for our honeymoon last year, and we're planning a trip for our anniversary in December. We're considering staying at one of the other resorts to switch it up a bit, though we did LOVE CSA.

As of right now, I'm strongly considering CN, because it's only a slight branch from our comfort zone of CSA. We met other couples last year that made the trip for us, so we're looking to stay where it's easy to make friends to spend the week with.

I'm definitely willing to consider Ocho Rios. How long is the drive from the airport to Ocho Rios? Are the beaches as nice as Negril's beaches?

I guess I just want to hear people's opinions. We are a young couple, so we are looking to meet people in their 20's-30's.

1) any ochi beach will be hard t ocompete with any negril beach bloody or long bay
    2) ochi drive from mo bay approx 15 minutes longer then negril

Quote Originally Posted by emilyjean View Post
    How long is the drive from the airport to Ocho Rios? Are the beaches as nice as Negril's beaches?

I guess I just want to hear people's opinions. We are a young couple, so we are looking to meet people in their 20's-30's.

The ride from MoBay to CTI is about 1 1/2-3/4 hours. The highway is completed and it is a smooth ride. The countryside around Ocho Rios is totally different than Negril--mountainous.

Age wise of guests varies greatly, but everyone has a good time.

The beach is totally different than Negril. First it is private, both CSS and CTI are located in coves. By being private, there are no guests from other resorts or locals walking the beaches. I don't know about CSS, but that also means that there is not the constant drone of jet skis and motor boats in front of the resort as there are no other resorts that close to CTI. You may see an occasional fishing boat (very small, picture a john boat with small motor). CTI offers horseback riding and the cat cruise as part of their excursions along with shopping, SCUBA, snorkeling, skiing etc. By doing Ocho Rios, it gives you an opportunity to see the other side of the island.
    Vicky

We've stayed at CN & CSA 1x each. Going back to CSA in 10 DAYS (WOOOHOOO!!). Anyway, we loved both. CN is a little smaller, seemed more intimate (that was the nice part). However, the week we were at CSA there were more couples our age there, and the nighttime entertainment at CSA was a little more our taste (top 40 music in the lounge at night, people dancing). We closed it down a few times. Piano bar was fun too. At CN EVERYONE was asleep by 10:30 except for us!! However, I've heard people say the same about CSA. Beaches are unbelievable at both. I prefer the CSA beach a little more than CN's but CN's pool is better. CSA is just a tiny bit more "us" than CN was, but we will probably go back to CN and try the Ocho Rios side at some point. Hope this helps and Good luck...

We've been to all four.

If you are wanting a beach similar to CSA, then CN is the answer.

The age can range all over the place depending on the group there any given week. We have found the summer months appear to have younger crowds as many are on their honeymoon, but we've been in December and there are still younger groups there.

To meet people, all of the resorts offer that. Especially because all four have swim-up bars, it makes it easy to meet people. We aren't big swim-up bar people (more beach people), but we still made friends on the beach.

VickyJ is right about the beaches. CTI & CSS's beaches are in small coves. The sand isn't as soft as in Negril and the beaches are very small. Not good for long walks, but there is still plenty of room on both beaches for finding your spot in the sun or shade. We found the water to be bit rougher on the Ocho Rios side than the Negril side.

We also love the beaches of Negril, but have fallen in love with CSS. It is a very special resort. We couldn't decide which to go to next so we decided to do a split. CSS for a week and then CN for a week. This gives us the best of both of what we love.

The Ocho Rios side of the island is very different from Negril, but still a wonderful trip. And no matter which resort you choose, you will still get the same fabulous service and food. Plus it will be Couples, so how can you go wrong?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks everyone! We're a little hesitant to go anywhere other than CSA because of the great time we had there last year. Plus we're having such a tough time deciding.

If we were to book our trip for CN, but it wasn't quite what we were hoping for, could we transfer to CSA? I don't know why I'm worrying so much over this.