Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Live from CSA........... great news about shade

We are currently at CSA and it is beautiful. Good news for everyone wondering about shade on the beach. They have put up Shade Sails. These are canvas and are attached to trees. They provide additional areas for shade. We have found shade under these or trees everyday.

Great! Any way you could post a photo of what these look like? I'm curious. Thank you!!

status on the availability of a beach palapa after 7 am?

Awesome! What a great idea! Thanks for the info and enjoy your vacation!

Thanks for the info! I was going to bring my travel umbrella.. it seems you were happy with the sails.. would love to see a pic too!

We are here as well. I will have to check out these shade sails as I am not sure how effective they may be. I have never seen anything quite like these before and it was too late in the day when we arrived yesterday to see them in action.

On another note: food at Lemongrass was wonderful last night, as was the snappter sandwich at the Cabana Grill for lunch. Evening entertainment in the Palms was very good. The beach is great, wide and clean as a whistle. Heading out this morning for breakfast and walk along the beach.

Wifi is available all over, not the strongest signal or fastest connection but it works.

dirtlet...give us an update on the sails. Great news about the WiFi. So are you saying that all rooms have WiFi.. (Atrium specifically ??)

THanks for the update Dennis!! I can't wait to get there with ya in 49 days!!

London1817, thank you for the great info! I'm anxiously awaiting a photo update.

dirtleg, thanks for the heads up on the WiFi. If you should find the time to jump back on the MB, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new shade sails.

I hope you're both having a wonderful time while at CSA.

Less than 6 months remain til we land in Jamaica!

AlphaOmega

I am having a hard time picturing this. Does it block the view from the beachfront rooms?

Default Cool

Sounds great, I look forward to seeing them in 9 days.

does it ruin the whole tropical, simple, rustic feel? I just can't picture this. it seems to me they would have done better to just put up more palapas- this feels like an intermediate solution, not a permanent one.

I was there last week and the shades are attached overhead to two trees. when I was there there was only one down by the volleyball area. It did help with the sun while I watched my husband play volleyball. There were also two new papalas being built but they were occupied as soon as they were built. I was able to obtain a papala for two days but I am an early riser and would read on the beach until my husband woke up at 10. The papalas were usually occupied before I arrived at 6:45. I would read until 10 or 11 and would not see anyone use them until after that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna&Jason View Post
    I was there last week and the shades are attached overhead to two trees. when I was there there was only one down by the volleyball area. It did help with the sun while I watched my husband play volleyball. There were also two new papalas being built but they were occupied as soon as they were built. I was able to obtain a papala for two days but I am an early riser and would read on the beach until my husband woke up at 10. The papalas were usually occupied before I arrived at 6:45. I would read until 10 or 11 and would not see anyone use them until after that time.
    thanks for the update glad you were able to get a palapa

I just returned from an amazing week. As for the shade at the beach I would not say there are lots of palapas available at all if you were not down there crazy early you were out of luck on those. As for the shades they are talking about I only saw two maybe three and those went pretty quickly as well just so people are aware. We didn't care about shade too much and if you want you can always pull the chair closer to the trees to get a bit of shade as well.

One of the best holidays ever can't wait to go back again next year!!

How do you connect to the wifi network? Like do you just connect with no password and then hit a web site to get in. Any info about this would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    We are here as well. I will have to check out these shade sails as I am not sure how effective they may be. I have never seen anything quite like these before and it was too late in the day when we arrived yesterday to see them in action.

On another note: food at Lemongrass was wonderful last night, as was the snapper sandwich at the Cabana Grill for lunch. Evening entertainment in the Palms was very good. The beach is great, wide and clean as a whistle. Heading out this morning for breakfast and walk along the beach.

Wifi is available all over, not the strongest signal or fastest connection but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by methym View Post
    How do you connect to the wifi network? Like do you just connect with no password and then hit a web site to get in. Any info about this would be greatly appreciated.
    You get a password at the front desk when you check in. It's good for 7 days so if you are there for longer than that you just get a new one once your old one stops working.

Greetings to all:

Three of these shade sails have been installed with another four to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Couples Resorts

Thanks for the pics Randymon, I can't wait to try them.

OH! I get it. When someone said "sail" I was thinking it was vertical. How many chairs can fit under that? It's hard to judge based on the photo.

The shade sails are great. They don't seem to block the view for any of the rooms. This is a great way to add extra shade. So glad you posted a pic Randy- I went back through my pics and didn't have one. Just got home today and had a great time!!!

How long before we start hearing complaints about people "playing that childish game" and "reserving" a spot under the shades now ......

Come on folks.... Go and enjoy your way-too-brief stay and quit worrying about the little stuff in life.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Having just returned home from CTI i feel that the resort would benefit from some palapa's or and sail shades??

Randymon,

Thank you for posting a picture of the shade sails.

Happy Friday everyone!

AlphaOmega

Only 5 months and 22 days until our Jamaica adventure begins.

I'm back for a quick post.

Shade sails are ok I guess. The shadow moves like with the trees, so you will have to chase the shade if you use one for the day. I have not seen anyone make a special effort to use them, but they are occupied occasionally throughout the day. Still lots of shade under the trees.

Wifi passwords and user names are given out on request at check in. Your device should seek out the signal and you will be prompted for the user/password to log on. If you keep logged in, as I have, it will be there when ever you boot up. FYI, I am running in a protected mode as I am unsure of the security of the network. But it seems to work all over the resort.

Our beach buddies have left this morning, so we will have another couple of quiet days here, then back home on Tuesday. Lot's of newlyweds on honeymoon this year. We seem to be a bit of a novelty celebrating our 30th anniversary. Many, many nice people here, not very many jerks. Palapas seem to be full most of the time. Mrs. dirtleg was looking for one the other day and the empty ones had "stuff" in them all day. The game goes on, but we are not really affected by it. The beach is WIDE and wonderful and clean as a whistle. The entire length of Seven Mile beach is in wonderful condition. We have walked a good deal of it over the last several days.

We seem to have recieved all our Romance Rewards. Did not have to ask for any of it. We did the early check in about four days before arrival and our package was waiting for us when we checked in. No problems.

Weather has been typical Jamaica. Clear warm early morning. Hot, hot, hot by 10 or 11. Clouds begin to gather about noonish. Thunder storms from 1 till 2 or so. Clearing quickly and evenings have bee warm, but lovely. My advice about weather is: Don't worry about it. I don't think the weather has had any adverse affects on beach weddings. We have seen several. Some very small and sweet. Others have had several huests and attendants. All looked equally happy and enjoying themselves.

Cat cruise was fun. We caught one with Rasta Ralphie and he was as lively as ever. No more cliff jumping for the guests, and no one leaves the boat without a life preserver. That's the rules and they mean it.

Food has been excellent, as has the service staff. Some are quiet and shy, others are very open and outgoing. We have been gifted with towel art by our houekeeper all week. She is a sweet but shy little girl named Nerisa, and she has taken very good care of us. Turn-down service has come by every night while we are out, nice classy touch.

My only complaints are that I have eaten too much and not gotten enough sleep. Our own fault on both counts.

Will post more later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast