Hybrid View

Default Does the day make a difference?

I'm getting married later this year at CN. We are there for 10 days and arrive on a Thursday. We were going to get married that Saturday but found out there's already 3 weddings that day and decided to do it that Monday since there's no weddings yet planned for that day. Do you guys think it makes a difference? The thing is, my fiance wanted to do it that Saturday so that we could enjoy the rest of our stay as our honeymoon. He thinks if we wait until that Monday, we're waiting too long. But I feel that if there is already 3 weddings that day, we'll be rushed and it won't feel as personable. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by brie1104 View Post
    I'm getting married later this year at CN. We are there for 10 days and arrive on a Thursday. We were going to get married that Saturday but found out there's already 3 weddings that day and decided to do it that Monday since there's no weddings yet planned for that day. Do you guys think it makes a difference? The thing is, my fiance wanted to do it that Saturday so that we could enjoy the rest of our stay as our honeymoon. He thinks if we wait until that Monday, we're waiting too long. But I feel that if there is already 3 weddings that day, we'll be rushed and it won't feel as personable. Any advice?
    hey!! i think it is totally up to what you guys want to do. there will be weddings on any day you get married there so i wouldn't worry about other people. it's not like they will be getting married the same time as you. for us we are flying in on a friday and getting married that monday...then leaving the following monday. so i don't think it's that big of a deal when you get married. also, keep in mind that the closer your day comes there will probably be additional weddings on monday if you decide to change it from saturday to monday. couples is very professional and i don't think you guys will feel like just a number but you have to do what you think is best for you. hope that helps a little!

By the time it gets closer to your wedding, Monday may have just as many weddings scheduled as Saturday. We got married earlier on in the trip and it was a relief to not have to worry about the wedding (weather, pre-wedding jitters, etc) and we were able to relax and celebrate the rest of the trip. Also, on the day we were married every hour there was a wedding and I didn't see another bride or wedding at all. They do a good job of making sure you don't feel as if you are one of many.

We got married on a Thursday and there was at least 3 other weddings but quite honestly we both felt very special and didn't pay much attention to others. You do see other couples walk by in their wedding attire taking pictures but that would still be YOUR day. We were never rushed. In my opinion, do it early so you can enjoy the rest of your stay (we didn't get on the beach till after the wedding to avoid tan/burn). If you are worried about not feeling personal, have your wedding early 10 or 11 am so you'll already be at your reception or taking pictures while others are walking down the aisle.

I would do it early. Usually they r not back to back but if so u will not know it. Take ur time. Eat ur cake and drink ur champagne. Enjoy ur vacation

we got married on Saturday at CSA. There were several wedding that day but we would have never known it!! They make each one feel special and none ever run into each other. It is such a large resort you dont even notice a wedding unless you are on the beach by the wedding area. My only regret is I wish we would have done it one day sooner.We waited three days after getting there and You are very stressed, trying to stay out of the sun and not get burnt, just would have been nice in general to get it done a day sooner. We got married at 3:00, it was hot but it was hot at 11:00am too!!! It was nice by the time we got done with photos and had a few drinks at the bar it was time to go get ready for dinner. My hair and makeup still looked nice for dinner plus we got some sunset photos taken as well.

Thank you all very much! The fiance' wins...Saturday at 10:00am it is! Plus I like everyone's idea about doing it early so that we can just relax and enjoy the rest of our trip stress free!

Default The day may not, but the time does

Remember the 48 hours rule: in order to be married in Jamaica you must be there for 48 hours prior to the ceremony.

How picky are they about that? We arrive on a Thursday and will be get married that Saturday. I was told by the resort that as long as we got there Thursday and were there two full nights before our wedding then we'd be fine. Anyone have any problems with this? Maybe I should double check! Thanks for the advice!

As long as you are there 2 nights beforehand, you are fine. I checked that out with the wedding coordinator, Debbie Hall.

Congrats!