Hybrid View

Default Just home from CN...Wonderful, but "Security" worst of gawkers

We just got back home from Couples...It was fantastic! It was our first time and we can't say enough about how great it was. We read, before going, about the gawkers on the AN side. We must say, that it wasn't THAT bad with the tourists...we found that the security guards, male and female, were the ones that liked to gawk or "sneak a peek". There's a small guard hut nearby and we noticed that was the hang out for the guards...always at least 3 at a time. With that, we have to say it was the only "negative" part of our trip. We just ignored them, but it was obvious.
    Everything else was outstanding. We met the nicest couples on the AN side and it was the first time at an AN for most of us. Hello to Jane/Richard,Mary/Joe, Brenda/Al,Sue/Mike! It was completely natural and no one felt uncomfortable. The service was outstanding with special shoutouts to LaToya (superb bartender), Shawn and Randol (superb waiters at Oteheite), Kadian and Kadeen. Rooms were great and they know how to take care of your every need. My husband and I are already making plans for our next visit. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    . . . . [W]e found that the security guards, male and female, were the ones that liked to gawk or "sneak a peek". There's a small guard hut nearby and we noticed that was the hang out for the guards...always at least 3 at a time. With that, we have to say it was the only "negative" part of our trip. We just ignored them, but it was obvious . . . .
    In my experience, the worst gawkers have always been other people on the a/n beach. When we were at CTI in January, I thought a couple of people might need a cervical collar because they were craning their necks so hard to get a look at us. It's funny that people on the a/n beach complain about gawkers but ignore the fact that they do the same thing. It's as if they think that, since they've paid the price of admission (i.e., dropping trou), it's not gawking when they look.
    Last edited by Pamela; June 16th, 2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default People watching

Sometimes people watching is more fun than the activity you are actually participating in(you know its true). My wife and I like to people watch at the fair, theme park, festivals, at the beach, etc. It's interesting, and entertaining. People naturally like to check each other out, with or without clothes. Without a doubt, there are some "people watchers" who gawk. But I think the majority of "people watchers" out there are just normal people, checking each other out. One thing that is certain; When You and I go to the nude beach(even nude resorts), there will be gawkers, people watchers, and nude people everywhere, having a jolly good time.

I've heard that complaint before about the guards but having spent 4 years at CN AN beach I honestly don't think they are looking at the AN sunbathers as much as they are doing their job and just keeping watch on the beaches.
    ... it keepsh me shane

It's gotta be a great job, security at the AN beach at CN. However, after a while, it would likely become somewhat routine, don't you think? After the novelty wore off?

Bilkat

Hey...who knows their true motives, but when the water was rough at CSS and they could not take people out to sea, the water sports crew provided oustanding green flag service all over SSB one afternoon. My wife thought it was funny because that day we were wwwaaayyyy to the side/back/away from the water, all alone when out of nowhere appears a young man to take our drink order. Saved me a very long walk so it was worth a gawk.

We spent the day on Tower Isle last July in a day swap from CSS. My wife likes the shade for the most part and I like a little sun. We were temporarily somewhat apart for a while. There was a maintenance young man that took the longest time to sweep up the deck area near my wife. He took infinite care of every leaf on the wood deck! My wife just read her book and he moved on after I moved back with her. Can't say as I blame him, though. Irie.

Bilkat

"Can't say that I blame him, though."

Kudos on your easy-going attitude about it, Bilkat!

Default People Watcher

I find people watchers very friendly and very harmless, unless someone actually acts on things, I don't see any issues with people watchers. People are so much fun. I just love people. Am I too much of an optimist? I hope not. Can't wait for this holiday. SweetT