Thread: Zip line ???

Default Zip line ???

Ok so I have read several posts about Zip Lining and I think my husband (and I) would LOVE LOVE this!!! We are staying at CTI and I cant find any information on it!!! Do they offer it??? I know it will be an extra cost, but still cant find anything on here about it..

16more days!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azcook View Post
    Ok so I have read several posts about Zip Lining and I think my husband (and I) would LOVE LOVE this!!! We are staying at CTI and I cant find any information on it!!! Do they offer it??? I know it will be an extra cost, but still cant find anything on here about it..

16more days!!!!!!
    az, if you think you and hub will love this, then the chances are you will. We did the zipline during our stay at CTI in April, and the experience lived up to our expectations. If you have any specific questions regarding the event, let me know. I'll be more than happy to advise as much as possible.

Have a great time at CTI!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    az, if you think you and hub will love this, then the chances are you will. We did the zipline during our stay at CTI in April, and the experience lived up to our expectations. If you have any specific questions regarding the event, let me know. I'll be more than happy to advise as much as possible.

Have a great time at CTI!
    Was this an all day thing?? or can you do it in the am or in the afternoon and still be able to do other stuff??

Thank you for the site!!!

It's not all day, but it will occupy your entire morning. Time-wise, my memory is a bit faded at this point, but I recall it taking about 5 hours plus or minus from the time they picked us up to when they dropped us back. The bus will make several stops at other hotels to pick up guests who partake in the zipline or other activities offered by the Chukka group, such as horseback riding or ATVs, etc. Then once you're at the main center, there's another ride up the mountain to the zipline embarkation point. Once there, you'll receive your orientation, then it's a bit of a hike to the ziplines themselves, but the good part here is the hike is downhill, not up. Much easier on the legs, plus it's scenic - you're going thru the rain forest, so what's not to love, ya know?

You didn't mention any other activities. If your schedule permits, I also recommend DRF, the horseback ride, and the cat cruise, the latter of which we unfortunately unable to partake, but others who have done this say it's a blast. And we were able to do the CC during our stay in Negril, so at least we experienced it, just not CTI's version. And the great part about these additional activities is they are inclusive, so no additional bucks out of your pocket aside from any applicable tips.

I know you'll have a great time, not only on the zipline, but with all you do at CTI as well.
    Ron

we are only there the 3rd-8th we plan on doing scuba, and dunns falls... we have talked about doing several other things but for right now those are the ones we are for sure doing.. We dont want to over plan stuff... But it all looks AMAZING!!

Thank you soooo much for you help!!!!

Mystic Mountain was beautiful. Bobsled ride and zip lining. The canaopy ride over the rain forrest was amazing. It is just minutes from CTI. We will be doing it again.
    Curtis & Edith

Does anyone know if a zip line tour is available near CN?

you seem to know your stuff, so I was wondering what I can pack into one day? for example is there anyway to do DRF and ziplining in one day(like are they close trips to eachother)If you have any suggestions on what to do together I'd appreciate it...I know I'm supposed to just relax but I'm a planner usually, and with only a week to go I'm feeling a little unprepared.

Thanks
    Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    It's not all day, but it will occupy your entire morning. Time-wise, my memory is a bit faded at this point, but I recall it taking about 5 hours plus or minus from the time they picked us up to when they dropped us back. The bus will make several stops at other hotels to pick up guests who partake in the zipline or other activities offered by the Chukka group, such as horseback riding or ATVs, etc. Then once you're at the main center, there's another ride up the mountain to the zipline embarkation point. Once there, you'll receive your orientation, then it's a bit of a hike to the ziplines themselves, but the good part here is the hike is downhill, not up. Much easier on the legs, plus it's scenic - you're going thru the rain forest, so what's not to love, ya know?

You didn't mention any other activities. If your schedule permits, I also recommend DRF, the horseback ride, and the cat cruise, the latter of which we unfortunately unable to partake, but others who have done this say it's a blast. And we were able to do the CC during our stay in Negril, so at least we experienced it, just not CTI's version. And the great part about these additional activities is they are inclusive, so no additional bucks out of your pocket aside from any applicable tips.

I know you'll have a great time, not only on the zipline, but with all you do at CTI as well.

Quote Originally Posted by andreanmickey View Post
    you seem to know your stuff, so I was wondering what I can pack into one day? for example is there anyway to do DRF and ziplining in one day(like are they close trips to eachother)If you have any suggestions on what to do together I'd appreciate it...I know I'm supposed to just relax but I'm a planner usually, and with only a week to go I'm feeling a little unprepared.

Thanks
    Andrea
    Hi Andrea. Assuming you're staying at CTI (CSS does not offer horseback riding or the cat cruise, at least not as inclusive activities), I'm not sure there are many combo-activities you can pack into one day, since most of the key excursions, such as the zipline, DRF, and the horseback riding, are morning events. The one exception is the cat cruise, which leaves in the afternoon - not exactly sure what time, but I think it's mid afternoon or so. Perhaps, if you really wanted to partake in two activiites in one day, you could do DRF in the morning and the cat cruise in the afternoon. You should be able to fit both of those in the same day with little difficulty. The other combinations may not be quite as easy to do.

It's a tough call tho deciding on two such activities in one day. Not saying you shouldn't do it, but unless you find yourself squeezed for time, you may prefer to simply keep it down to one excursion per day, just so that you can spend the rest of the day enjoying the resort itself. Obviously it's your call to make, but I'm guessing you'll agree once you arrive and start to soak in all that the gorgeous CTI or CSS have to offer - and each offers PLENTY.
    Ron

How much is the zip line?

Thanks Ron&Rosa, yes we're going to CTI...I was worried about that...promised my bf I'd give him a few days of no getting up early I'm the adventurous one, he's a little more into just soaking up the sun I'm sure either way we'll have a blast!

I will second Mystic Mountain! We love it! Try to go on a day no cruise ships are in port. We got there at 10am when they opened and there were not that many people there, never waited in a line for anything. Would go again in a heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Does anyone know if a zip line tour is available near CN?
    we went while at CN - left around noon, got back around 7:30.
    Took almost 2 hrs to get there. Crazy storm while up there, but it was fun.

We did Mystic Mountain from CTI. It was awesome sky lift takes you to the top of the rain forest, then we did the jamaican bobsled, that was great. They have a beautiful restaurant and a water slide/pool and last but the best is the zip-lining through the rainforest. The guides are great and don't forget to tip.