Default $100 check not paid, here's a solution

Randy - Please pass this along to the bookkeeping office. We stayed at CSA from 4/9/2010 to 4/18/2010. They didn't have our check ready when we left on Sunday. Didn't have it ready back in October 2009 either because it was Sunday. We always leave on Sunday. Instead of writing us a check, you already have our credit card number, why not just give us a credit on our card?

I've notified Couples twice using the Contact Form about still not receiving this last check. Any help would be appreciated and you can tell them I'll be glad to have a credit on my card for the April trip instead of a check.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

They can't write checks on a Sunday? Can't they just write them the day before if they are not allowed to do it on Sunday? They know who is leaving the next day.

We usually leave CN on a Sunday and have never had a problem. Our check is always handed to us prior to leaving.

Is this for the deposit on check in? Most hotels don't actually send a charge through so I'm not following why they have to issue a refund at all. What is this for? Just want to be prepared for our trip in October.

I would second the idea of issuing a credit directly back to the card though, easier all the way around I would think.

You are not alone. We were at CSA in May and are still waiting for our check. Must be easier to owe than pay.

Default No problem here!

We were at CSS last month, our check was delivered to our room in the middle of our week long stay. I was surprised at that. Our "snack pack" was waiting for us at checkout. It had some fruit in it also. We have stayed three times before at CSA and did get the snack pack on our last visit. I don't know what date the $100 rebate started, May 2010 was the first time we recieved a check.

Sherrynchuck ~ The check is for repeat guests who are at the Passionate Level of the rewards program. Part of the perks is $100 check at check-out for those stayin 7 Days or longer.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

we have had issues with the check on a Sunday departure. this year we left on a weekday, but had to ask for it. this strikes me as funny as another couple that is at the resort every year at the same time we are received a call during the stay that their check was ready and they could come and pick it up.

inconsistant at best.

Randy

Greetings to all:

We will be announcing a change to the Romance Rewards program that eliminates the check altogether. Rather, it will be a $200 resort credit.... Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; June 25th, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Couples Resorts

Excellent decision. One less piece of paper. Go Green, Couples!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Randymon, I like this idea. We had no problem receiving our check at CSA in April...awesome! However, upon returning home I it took me three weeks to put the check in the bank. I mentioned to my hubby that I was suprised it was a check and not a resort credit. I could easily spend an extra $100 at the resort. Oh, those gift shops are fun! I also assume this could be applied toward a massage or private dinner? Nice!

We just returned from CSA, we had done the early check-in the week before arriving. We received a welcome package on arrival at check-in on site and as far as I know we received all the perks and rewards that are included at the Passionate level. Other than the early check-in we did not ask for or mention Romance Rewards at all during our stay, we were contacted or approached by the staff for all the items we received. While the rewards program is a wonderful "gift" I consider it just that, not an entitlement. But that's just me. I hope that they are able to work out the wrinkles and make the program more automatic and equitable. It just makes me sad that so many folks seem to be so upset about not getting this or that item on their Rewards list. Maybe my expectations for such programs are just a bit lower than others seem to be. It's nice, but it doesn't really make all that much difference to our having a wonderful time and a great vacation at Couples.

Randymon, when the change is implemented could there be an option for a donation to the Issa Trust Foundation in the visitors name instead of getting the credit?

Randy

Well, the postman delivered a lovely suprise this morning....... a cheque for 62.50 from Couples UK - so why did I sigh??????????? Coz I want to be back there :O(

Thank you Couples for being Couples

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

We will be announcing a change to the Romance Rewards program that eliminates the check altogether. Rather, it will be a $200 resort credit.... Stay tuned.
    So if this changes before the end of September, I will have $700 in resort credit then ???? $200 Romance Rewards and $500 Early Booking Bonus ?!?! Sweeeeeeeeeet !!!!!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Will the $200 Romance Reward credit be for the current trip or for the next trip? Hope it's for the current trip. Otherwise I would think it would be a nightmare to keep track of it.

Randymon can you please clarify....
    If we just booked for Feb 2011 to get the $500 resort credit, will the total credit at that time be:
    A) $500 resort credit + $75 resort credit current RR passionate level +$100 check
    or
    B) $500 resort credit + $75 resort credit current RR passionate level + $200 resort credit
    or
    C) $500 resort credit + $200 resort credit 'updated' RR passionate level

Thank you up-front for the clarification.