Thread: CSS vs CTI

Default CSS vs CTI

My wife and I visited CSS a couple years ago and loved it. We loved the privates beach and romantic part. Just never felt like their were a lot of people there. We are thinking of going to CTI this time around. What will be the biggest differences between the 2.

My wife is a horse owner and is interested in CTI because of the horse riding. Do the horses look healthy?

Thanks,
    Terry

I don't know about the horses as we've never done the horse riding but I can tell you that CTI is great. While it never feels overcrowded it always feels like there are people around. I think for socializing and entertainment it is better than CSS. Just my opinion. I'm sure many others can answer on the horses conditions.

As a horse owner, your wife may thing the ride boring, but we love it. At CTI you also get the cat cruise included, something you can't get at CSS.

You find CTI to be much more compact and close together. Everything centers around the main building. While it is compact, it does not feel overcrowded. We are making our 4th trip in 2 weeks. CTI has only continental breakfast room service if this is important to you and not all the rooms are suites.

You could also do a split or if you decide on CSS again, you could do the Trading Places and spend a day at CTI to check it out.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by golfmantd View Post
    My wife and I visited CSS a couple years ago and loved it. We loved the privates beach and romantic part. Just never felt like their were a lot of people there. We are thinking of going to CTI this time around. What will be the biggest differences between the 2.

My wife is a horse owner and is interested in CTI because of the horse riding. Do the horses look healthy?

Thanks,
    Terry
    Altho we only visited CSS as part of the TP program during our stay at CTI, I thought the exact same way. If a sense of privacy is the big hitter on anyone's wish list, then I always recommend CSS. We spent time at all four resorts and felt CSS was hands down the quietest, most private feeling of the bunch.

I highlighted that one sentence in your post because I'm not sure by what you stated if you are hoping CTI has that same sense of solitude, which it doesn't. But like Vicky's said, it's not as if CTI will feel super crowded or anything, it's just more compact, plus there's a greater number of guest rooms & guests.

We did the horseback ride and the horses are quite healthy. But I half jokingly stated it really should be called horseback walking, since they never go at a faster clip than that. But we still very much enjoyed it and hey, it's included in the price, so why not? If you end up staying at CTI, I heartily recommend this inclusive activity.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Just some basic facts:

CSS: All suites with mini-bars
    CTI: Suite options, but not all rooms. Mini-bars in 'suite' rooms.

CSS: Spread out with incredible grounds
    CTI: Close and compact without much grounds for strolling.

CSS: Best nude beach
    CTI: Island for NA

CSS: 3 Restaurants
    CTI: 4 Restaurants

CSS: Spread out over several acres.
    CTI: Small acreage and a highrise hotel feel.

CSS: Spread out without a 'central' area.
    CTI: Everything is centered around the main building.

Beaches are similiar.

CSS: Inclusions: Dunn's River
    CTI: Inclusions: Dunn's River, Catamaran Cruise, Horseback Riding

CSS: Great WiFi coverage throughout the resort
    CTI: WiFi 'iffy' in some areas of the resort

CSS: All day room service
    CTI: Only morning room service

CSS: Ala Carte at night with the exception of the beach party and gala night.
    CTI: Always a buffet option at night plus ala carte restaurants.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I spent several years around horses and in my opinion these seemed to be healthy. They were also gentle and friendly, which typically means they're being treated ok. The entire ride is spent at a relatively slow walk, but it's still enjoyable to do and you find out more about Jamaica from the guides along the way.