Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: June 2011

23 days until me Big Wedding day back here in North Carolina!! And then the very next day we will be heading to CTI!! Mark and I are both very excited for this trip and can not wait to be there. We will be landing at the airport at around 10am. I think it will be 10am anyway, is Jamacia on the same time zone as the east coast? YAY!!! Jamaicia here we come!!

Mike.... when do you board? We're getting on the plane at O'hare at 6am! Maybe we'll see you. If you see a tall, grey haired skinny guy with a redhead, then a blonde with a shorter goatee guy, say hi!!!

I'm shutting down for the night. We're headed to a hotel by O'hare now to spend the night for the early flight.

Thank you Billy. I feel better

Love,
    Angie

WOW.....if you have not read Megan's post (about four or five posts back).....GO READ IT!!!! What a beautiful thing to write. I just sat here at my computer and cried. I think part of it is that the truth is finally becoming real to me. I have said before that it will be difficult to not have Dustin and Megan and Allan and Angie there this year, but now that it is here....I am at a loss of words to really describe it. SO MANY MIXED EMOTIONS!!!!

Jonathon and Laurie....get ready, you two must be packed and damn near on your way.

To all our new friends from this board that we will meet in a very short time.....you got big shoes to fill, but I know you are up to the task at hand. It has truly been exciting and a pleasure getting to know you and share things with you on this board during the past few months. I hope many of you have noticed that there is already a June 2012 thread started. My greatest wish is that all of you participate in that one and are back in Jamaica with us again next year. IF, it turns out that you are not back next year, I still hope that you will come to the thread when you can and shre your stories and memories.

D&M, A&A.......
    You know we LOVE you guys so much!!!!!! We will see you later this summer....and we'll knock on your door, "cuz you're waiting for us..........

One Love MON!!!!!!!!
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

No longer counting the days. We are now in hours. In less than 24 hours I will be boarding the plane. In about 24 hours, I will be in Jamaica!!! I can not wait. I can't wait to make new friends, but will not be forgetting the old. Angie, Allen, Dustin,Megan, Gino, and Christi you all will be terribly missed. The pictures come up frequently on my computer! What memories!
    For those of you there, Jonathan and I will be coming into the resort about 12:30 on Saturday. Come find us. Will try to post a picture again.

To answer the question about where people hang out. Many hang out during the day at the swim up bar. Although many spend time at the island. Be aware that it is au natural. Even if you are hesitant, you have to come out near the beginning of your trip to try it out (you can always turn and go back if it isn't for you). I still have to have a towel on when I get out of the shower, but I have NO problems on the island. It is just the way it is there. Come find me and I will tell you my funny story about going out there!
    Megan, will say hi to all those people for you. Amazing what friendships are made now just with the people that go there to travel, but the people that work there also. I fully agree with your post about meeting and marrying your best friend. Not to mention falling in love deeper and deeper every day. Jonathan and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary down there on June 9th. It has been so great getting married at a Couples Resort and then returning every year for our anniversary.
    Thanks for the laugh about knocking on the door.
    On a final note for Megan..... Roll over, I do........
    See many of you soon, VERY soon. Time to go pack!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So what kind of toys for the pool do y'all bring? Sounds like tons of fun!
    Last edited by wileeandrr; June 5th, 2011 at 08:11 AM.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

What a sad day for us. . . One year ago we were on a plane home and this year we find ourselves land-locked and nowhere near Jamaica. For all of you going (or already there), Billy and Audra and Jonathon and Laurie and Mary and Anthony and Wendy and Billy, I hope you have a great time and we will be missing you. I feel like we are missing a family reunion and can't believe that we won't get to see you guys this year Like Megan said, we'll be home in 365 days. To all the newbies, have a great time and I really hope that you make it a yearly event like we all have and we get to meet you next year.

Allan and Angie and Dustin and Megan--We'll see you SOONER rather than later

One love,

Brian and Kristin

PS--here's some pics of the group last year, and if someone could please tell Damian hi, he's the best!

Name:  DSC00937.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  26.9 KBName:  group.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  45.9 KB
    KBD

Kristin and Brian

There is n secret meaning to "toys" for the pool. We allways bring true pool toys. Just a bunch of big kids out on the island. You can expect to see some floating ducks, water balls, etc.....

By the time this actually hits the MB, we will be in the Couples Lounge at MoBay with a cold Red Stripe in hand.......
    OH HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all soon......

One Love,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

We've been reading the MB for a long time now, but first time posting. Getitng close - getting excited! This is our first trip to CTI, actually only in Jamaica from 9AM to 3PM last year on a cruise. Boarding the ship I knew I'd be back, and I'm sure it won't be my last trip either!

We are excited to see CTI and meet new people and just have a blast! Thought I'd add our names to the list. We are coming with sister and hubby!

Kj
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    A big Texas/Jamaica welcome to Shanna and Chris as well as huge congratulations on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon. I, like all others on this thread that have been to CTI, will assure you that you have made a wonderfully perfect choice for your honeymoon. Your free advice is to start a savings account for next year's trip. You will begin to see how many repeat guests there are on here and once you get to CTI, you will understand why.

For those of you who know Allan and Angie, I communicated with them last night. They were hit by heavy storms in Oklahoma, but no tornados or anything that caused devastating damage. As of right now, I do not know of anyone in our June group that has taken a direct hit from any of the horrible weather that has hit the heartland of our country. However, I would bet that some on here know someone who knows someone who has been devastated. Let's all keep these people as well as the rest of those people through the midwest in our thoughts and prayers............

That being said, let's move on to something more uplifting..........
    Angie,
    We would be honored to attend your wedding. I am sure that the others you have invited will feel the same way. I have to admit that while we always stop and watch, lurk, peek, whatever, at the couples who get married at CTI, this is the first time that we have ever been INVITED!!!!!! SO COOL!!!!!!

When I think about CTI, I always smile as the memories are simply overwhelming, so many from the staff, new friends, meeting up with old friens, and private times with my wife. This invitation and the wedding to follow will always be one of those memories tha Ithink about.......Thanks for helping to enrich my life even more.

By the time anyone reads this, I will be doing the single digit dance and the smile on my face could not fit on a 50 inch big screen TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all soon!!
    God Bless!!!

Mark and Marie..................................May 30 - June 6
    Dennis and Louise...............................June 2 - 14
    Steve and Jeannie...............................June 2 - 10
    Angie and Brian (wedding 6/6- 1st time).........June 3 - 10
    Lil and Jeff (with Ang & Brian- 1st time........June 3 - 10
    Mike and Laura.........................................June 3 - 10
    Jessica and Darren..............................June 4 - 11
    June and Steve..................................June 4 - 11
    Jonathon and Laurie.............................June 4 - 12
    Robyn and Craig.................................June 5 - 11
    Cale and Sarah..................................June 5 - 11
    Dan and Tara....................................June 5 - 12
    Billy and Audra................................ June 5 - 16
    (plus Dustin/Megan and Allan/Angie in spirit)
    Curtis and Edith................................June 6 - 15
    Christine and Brian.............................June 8 - 18
    Dani and Donny(first timers to Jamaica).........June 9 -16
    Tony and Mary...................................June 9 - 16
    Ben and Nicole..................................June 9 - 16
    Zach and Jennifer................................June 12-18
    Darin and Cathey...............................June 15 - 22
    David and Kelly.....................................June 17-25
    Mike and Linna..................................June 17-25
    Keith and Beth..................................June 18 - 23
    Matt and Jess....................................June 18 - 25
    Stacie and John.................................June 19 - 26
    Shanna and Chris................................June 20 - 25
    Kristin & Louie.................................June 20 - 26
    Colleen and Tom.................................June 24 - July 1
    Debbie and Bob..................................June 25 - July 2
    Jen and Scott...................................June 25 - July 2
    Travis and Misty (plus Jake and Dana............June 25 - 30
    Barry and Jacqueline........................... June 25 - July 2
    Craig and Tonya ............................... June 25 - July 2
    Caroline from North Carolina and Mark...........June 26 - July 1

Angie and Allen..........................JUNE 3 - 9 2012
    Dustin and Megan.........................JUNE 3 - 9 2012
    Billy and Audra..........................JUNE 4 - 15 2012

Respect,
    Billy

OK, I'm finally to the point where I can read all theses posts without crying like a baby. Well, almost...I'm teary-eyed right now.

This morning about 8 am, I was thinking through beginning of the day at the resort and picturing people waiting in line for omelets, pouring their own Mimosa's or Bloody Mary's, watching the birds steal scraps, the sweet smiling faces of the waiters and servers refilling water and coffee before anyone can ask, the calm ocean in the background, and a slight breeze...the promise of a beautiful Jamaican day!

I know all our buddies are having a great time, and I know you're all heading out to the island for the day. I miss being there with you. It helps that we're getting to see some of you this summer, but I'm really looking forward to next June when we will all be there together again.

To all you love birds celebrating anniversaries and weddings - congratulations and best wishes for many, many more! Never take your spouse for granted and treasure every special moment!

Allan and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary this Friday, and I have never been more in love. We are truly blessed, even if we had to miss a year at our Jamaican' home.

~Peace~
    Angie

THREE DAYS till we are in Jamaica!!! Only one and 1/2 full days of work left. Only question I have is what do we first other than get a drink?

As our departure to Jamaica is fast approaching (well, not fast enough!), we are very excited. This will be our first visit to CTI and our friends first visit out of the country! I am hoping to get a picture posted of us so that maybe some of us late June bugs can meet up and say hello. Any advise from fellow mothers that have left the little ones at home? This will be my first time leaving my 10 month old, I was thinking of doing web cam??? To everyone that has been to CTI recently or is there now, any special advise that we need to know. Any must brings, must drink or eat???
    Misty
    (plus Travis, Jake and Dana)

Wow,
    Jamaica is still as wonderful as it ever was. It has been pretty overcast and rainy for our first three days. However, the sun is shining brightly today and the weather looks like it is slowly taking a turn for the positive. The staff is still the best in the world and we have met many new friends. I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW MUCH WE MISS THOSE THAT ARE NOT HERE!!!!! Collin is gone on vacation and won't return until we have left. Past that, hellos and hugs have been given to all that were requested.

For those that are almost here, get ready for the time of your life. It is amazing to me that each year I think this is the best it can be and then the next year comes and it is even better than I remembered.

Angie,
    Did you feel funny yesterday....kind of like really full in the afternoon???? Jonathon, Laurie, Audra, and I sat around eating beef patties and jerk chicken. We all tried to concet=ntrate as hard as we could to menatally send you what we were feeling...hope it worked!!!

Allan,
    Man we need you on the island. As great as it is....it is just not the same. Man we miss you!!!

Megan,
    I thought everyone was going to cry from laughing so hard when we explained the story of bringing our own ketchup.

Dustin,
    Teran is taking over the dives while Collin is on vacation. He asked where you and Megan were and I explained. The guys in the dive shop all send their best to both of you.

Hang in there guys!!!

All our love!!!

BILLY AND AUDRA
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

I'm still depressed from having to come home.....

I want to thank Laura and Mike, Nicky and Bob, Billy and Audra, and Jessica and Darren (not to mention others) who made our wedding (Brian and Angie) just freaking amazing. I am so blessed and feel so lucky to have met you all.

Here is a slideshow:

Nicky... where are you? I don't know your last name and can't look you up on FB, you either, Jessica!!!

We ARE planning to come back next year. It can't come soon enough.

I'm here Angie! I sent you an email through your regular email address but worried it may go to spam (seems like anyone I don't have saved in mine goes automatically to spam). How'd the party go when you got home? Thanks again for letting us share in your special day--and for that matter, most of the rest of your vacation as well! We had a great time with you guys and are missing Jamaica already!

Will be there on Friday! Can't wait! Must start making my lists! Hope the sun comes out!

Wow, five days until we fly out of here. Can't wait !!!! June 25th here we come. Barry,Jacqueline,Craig and Tonya

Nikki... I can't find your email, even in junk

Add me on facebook!!! justcallmeang@hotmail.com

Billy... can't wait to see your pics that Audra took. Brian and I are figuring out when we'll be back... prob. next June, maybe a week later than we did this year! Maybe I'll win the photo contest and get 3 free nights!

Here's a picture of the wonderful people who were at our wedding!

Verah ! Congrats!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

See everyone Saturday afternoon. Our flight got bumped back 2 hrs. Should be ready for our first drink around 3:30pm. Can't wait!!!

Brian and Angela,
    Great picture. I promise I wil be getting pics together and send ing them to you. Since we got home, we have been to a wedding, set up and worked at the international market in Dallas, and have made several trips to central Texas. Doesn't sound like much, but i have put 1300 miles on my truck since June 17th and will put another 700 - 800 on by Sunday night.

If I could, I would go back to CTI tomorrow just to get out of this crazy lifestyle!!!!!

To my four NUCKLEHEADS...and you know who you are....100 texts....REALLY!!!!!!! Y'all kill me !!!! Funny as hell though. Look out August 4-6....we are trying to get Jonathon and Laurie as well as Gino and Kristi to fly in.....Don't know if either will happen, but hey???????????

Got so many stories for the four of you, but I think I will keep them until August....can't stand the thought of all that uncomfortable silence when all of us get together.

I plan on posting some thoughts about this years trip, but will not get around to it until early next week.

Best wishes to all!!!

Respect,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Ha ha ha!!! Billy, we laughed so hard thinking of your phone overloading with text messages. This provided several hours of speculation and childish entertainment for us, which we obviously needed. We were suffering from a severe lack of everything CTI has to offer.

Looking forward to seeing you and Audra in August. It would be awesome if Laurie & Jonathan and Gino & Kristi joined us! Have you ever been thrown out of a state park before?

Peace~
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    Got so many stories for the four of you, but I think I will keep them until August....can't stand the thought of all that uncomfortable silence when all of us get together.
    Yeah ... Lord knows how quiet it gets when we get together. We'll need something to keep the conversation going .

I guess we can officially close this thread for the year. It has truly been a blast talking to everyone on here over the past 12-14 months. I invite all of you to move on to the June 2012 thread that Dustin has started. it is less than 11 months until we are all HOME again.......soon come June 2012!!!!

Peace, Love, and Respect!!
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11