Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: June 2011

Dani and Donny,
    Welcome!!
    You will hear it hundreds of times between now and June, but I will be the first to tell you.....y'all are in for the time of your life!!! It really is a great group that goes in June and I am sure the two of you will fit in great with the rest of us "crazies"! How are things in Wisconsin anyway?

J & L,
    How are things in Georgia? Thank you so much for posting the link to Zac Brown... he is so "right up our alley"! Audra and I went out tonight and I was telling her about him and the link you posted. We came home and pulled it up......neddless to say, we listened to him for about an hour. Several songs several times over and over. I will be downloading his stuff to my itunes. We were talking tonight and Audra has a guidyness (sp?) in her voice about the fact that Jonathon and Laurie are going to be at CTI again next year with us.....I guess she likes y'all or something. I can understand the liking Laurie part, but I will have to work on the Jonathon part......LOL!!!! I kill myself sometimes.............this is really funny in my mind after the Margaritas we drank tonight. Anyway, love ya both!!
    Talk to ya soon,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Welcome to all the new people! Looking forward to meeting you all in June! And I know I can't wait to meet up with all our old friends!
    Billy, we can't wait to get together. Although we really should find a time and place to meet up before then! Excited to see you two also! I know you remember our greeting this past year! Glad you enjoyed your Margaritas the other night. Thinking those are in order for me soon! Although nice drinks at the swim-up bar would be much nicer! Hell, even a Pepsi at the swim up bar would be better!
    Love to all!
    Laurie

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome Billy. I am the woman when I'm excited everyone knows I'm excited. So WI is pretty crazy right now because all I can talk about w/ hubby is getting the hell out of WI for a week

Otherwise, it is starting to turn cold Fall is right around the corner.

Default How many are returners?

Quote Originally Posted by marshallsunshine View Post
    Hubby and I cannot wait for June 2011 to get here. Our first time in Jamaica!

Christine and Brian...................June 1 - 10
    Dennis and Louise.....................June 2 - 14
    Jessica and Darren....................June 3 - 10
    Jonathon and Laurie...................June 4 - 12
    Billy and Audra.......................June 4 - 14
    Tony and Mary.........................June 5 - 15
    Curtis and Edith......................June 6 - 15
    Dani and Donny........................June 9 -16 (first timers to Jamaica)
    Of this list, how many people return year after year? I cannot wait to be one YOU!!!!

We will miss everyone greatly. I told Megan if we won the lottery we would be there, things haven't worked out yet. See you all in 2012.

Dustin and Megan,
    You both will be greatly missed! Start playing the lottery so you can win it! Have to chuckle every time I see a picture of Mrs. Roper come across my digital picture frame! Then shortly followed by it is a picture of the two of you with Damien. Then a picture of a bunch of bare butts in our plunge pool! Thinking about trying to get that room again this year! Hope you both are doing well!!!

Default :(

When we booked, we also were lucky enough to have our best friends book with us. I have been so excited about this double couple trip and have been counting down since January. We found out Wednesday that due to a more important family matter (which is understandable) they will not be joining us. I, of course, am not mad...I am just disappointed that we do not get to share the wondrous amazement of Couples with them!! Still counting down though...236 days!

Jessica and Darren.......
    hate to hear that your friends can't make it, but reat assured, you will have plenty of new found friends to keep you company. Several from our group won't make it this year (Angie/Allen and Dustin/Megan), but the rest of us will pick up their slack to entertain you. It really will be great fun.

Brian,
    How is the new mom/mom top be????? Hope all is going well for you both. Kristen, how much maternity leave will they give you in Nebraska. If you have a boy and he is anything like his daddy, I am sure he will be big enough and strong enough to go to workby the time he is a month old.

Jonathon and Laurie....Keeping my toes in the water and my ass in the sand...just dreamin' 'bout where the boat leaves from!!!!!!! Hope all is well for you two also.

Our big news....Audra's "show season" is picking up steam and she is really getting busy....that is a good thing. I, walked into the superintendents office about aweek ago and turned in my resignation........I know what you are thinking......economic times like they are and this dumba$$ quits a job!!!!! hey, i never claimed to be the smartest!!! Really, I have gone to only doing educational consulting work. It is enough to keep me busy right now and not near as much stress and B.S.

Best wishes to all.....more later......

COME ON JUNE!!!!!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Man ... I am going to miss you guys in June :-(

But we will be at CSS in January. A pretty good consolation prize.

And BILLY !!!! wow, what a step !!!! I wish you the best in your new job. I know you will be just fine though and you'll be great at it !!!

Allan,
    We have been thinking about the two of you as well as Dustin and Megan. I knew you two were going in January (lucky rascals) and we have been trying to figure out how to get down there to suprise you, but I just don't think it is going to work. Not if we want to do any kind of winter vacation (skiing) with the boys. do you know if Dustin and Megan are still trying to get there over the winter? i hope so much that they can....I am pretty sure they are resigned to not making June because of the graduation plans. I am sure it sounds pretty sad on my part to be bummed about all y'all not making June, but I am. Poor Jonathon and Laurie.....stuck with Audra and I and no chance to "pawn" us off on someone like you so that they can get a little relief......OH WELL, they will just have to suck it up as we will be invading their plunge pool with regularity. WEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Hey!!!
    What is the deal?????
    I noticed that this thread has been viewed over 800 times with just over 30 posts. What's up with all the lurking??? Once you are here, POST, we all want to know what is going on with each other.......or at least I want to know!!!!!
    Hope all are doing well!!! Come on JUNE!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

It's me Billy...I hang out here all the time hoping someone will be singing the "Three's Company" song or "I like to move it move it".

Hello all! Weather is turning cool here. I am loving it, but also makes me dream of CTI! I am ready for June.
    We are really going to miss those that can not join us in June, but we will be enjoying meeting all the new people! Not to mention the ones that will be back down. Just received and email from Wendy and Billy the other day asking for dates!

Billy, We will be glad for you to hang with us (or us with you)! Not sure if we will have the plunge pool or not this year, but if so you are more than welcome to join us! I can't believe you quite your job. There are many days that I am so ready to do that. But I like my trips too much! Get me a job with you! We could make one mean duo!

Ready for June!
    Laurie

Default Checking in Early

My wife and I went to CTI last year for our honeymoon and we decided that going back would be WAY better then eating year old cake.
    We will be there June 20-30, anyone else going to be there. Were already counting down the days.

Billy, I've been lurking quite a bit, hoping for that day when I can write that Eric and I will be there next June to see all of you again. Since that's not happening yet, I might as well get on to just updating on life.

Congratulations on leaving your job for something you wanted to do, that's great! Also grateful for all the warm weather pictures you and Audra, and Allen have on facebook. We had our first bit of snow this past weekend and I'm NOT ready for winter

We've both been really busy with work, which is a big change for us. I decided not to go back to supply teaching this year, and found a full-tim admin job in Corrections instead. That started at the end of August and will likely end in May. Eric's transfer into the reg. force has been delayed until at least next April, but he's been getting steady contracts and mainly around home, which is great! Although he had a lot of fun spending August in the far north where it was 24 hour daylight.

Cheers,
    Ana-Livia

Brian,
    You are so right....year old cake SUCKS!!!!!!!!! i don't care what you do to it.....still nasty!!! Glad y'all are going back, but unfortunately, we will have been there and left already.....maybe y'all can go a little sooner in 2012 and we will extend our stay then to meet up. Some of "the Junebugs" will miss this summer as other plans have arisen. However, all are planning on being there in 2012 as Audra and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary by renewing our vows. We are very excitted about the event as it has special meaning in itself. We are even more excited because some many of our JAMERICAN friends have committed to being there with us. it is a testament that the people you meet there go so far in making each vacation so very memorable.....not to mention the phenomenal staff and the hotel itself. We are truly blessed to have met so many wonderful people there during our trips. We too are counting the days.....come on June 4th!!!!!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Hey Angie..............
    What I wouldn't do for a meat patty.............
    MISS YOU GUYS MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody heard from Dustin and Megan lately????
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    Hey Angie..............
    What I wouldn't do for a meat patty.............
    MISS YOU GUYS MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody heard from Dustin and Megan lately????
    We miss you guys too Billy! And a patty would be delicious right about now. I'll have my share of them here in about 66 days!

We are in touch with Dustin & Megan pretty much on a daily basis. They are both busy and doing well. We are going to visit them for New Year's Eve for a few days. Should be a great time. I trust you can be on stand-by to post bail for us if necessary?

Greeting June bugs. Brian and I have had a change in plans we are arriving on June 8th and will be there until June 18th. Very excited this is my first time flying and our honeymoon. Needless to say with six months to go we're very excited.

My husband and I will be first timers to Jamaica with another couple from 6/25 - 7/2.

My husband and I will be first timers to Jamaica with another couple from 6/25/2011 - 7/2/2011. Any tips or suggestions for us.

Thanks,

Jen and Scott

Dennis and Louise.....................June 2 - 14
    Jessica and Darren....................June 3 - 10
    Jonathon and Laurie...................June 4 - 12
    Billy and Audra (plus Dustin/Megan and Allan/Angie in spirit)June 4 - 14
    Tony and Mary.........................June 5 - 15
    Curtis and Edith......................June 6 - 15
    Christine and Brian...................June 8 - 18
    Dani and Donny........................June 9 -16 (first timers to Jamaica)
    Jen and Scott.........................June 25 - July 2

Here is the latest list as I know it with the changes in dates for Christine and Brian.
    Winter is upon us here in Texas. I had to wear a long sleeve under armor shirt under my short sleeve shirt this week to play golf. We have had several mornings in the uppper 40's and low 50's...hard to get out of bed when it is like that...looks like it is going to be a bitter winter.

For all you new Junebugs, attach a picture with your post so we know who to look for in June. Here is Audra and I from a year or two back............

Name:  069923509.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  23.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1200.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  32.6 KB
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Any tips on this website to upload attachments, tried everything, photo won't upload.

Jen,
    Type in your text.
    Return cursor to next line.
    Click the "Go Advanced" blue button below this area.
    It reopens with more buttons at the top of this box.
    Click the drop down arrow to the right of the paperclip.
    A new "Manage attachments" window will open.
    At the top, you wil see three "browse" buttons.
    Click one and go find the picture you want to upload. I usually move it to my desktop ahead of time so that I can find it more easily.
    Also, when they are on my desktop, they open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. In this, I can select "picture" from the top menu, then choose "Resize". Once I do this, there are options on the right side of my screen and I choose "Predefined height X width" and in that select WEB - Large.
    After your picture has been made the correct size and you have selected it, the manage attachment window reopens. If you wish to post more than one picture, select the next browse button and continue. When finished selecting one, two, or three pictures, click the upload button. They should appear as links just below this. You will probably need to scroll down just a bit to see them.

If I gave good instructions, there should be two more pictures below this. One of myself, with Jim (of Jim and Abby fame) from Illinois, and Damion who is one of the best bartenders at CTI and a popular favorite bartender among the island crowd.
    Good Luck!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Jen...........
    Advice???? Here goes.......
    Relax, but get excited!
    Plan, but don't worry!
    Start a new savings account immediately.

You, your beau, and your friends are going to have the time of your life. From the second you reach CTI until youleave, you will be treated like nothing less than Kings and Queens. The staff there is the most amazing group of people. Learn to ask for whatever you want, but learn to ask with humility and grace. They are the most giving grioup of people who want to make sure your every dream comes true. However, there are many people who are "demanding" in what they want and expect. They don't, can't, and won't ever have the fun that most others do.

No matter what you plan to do while you are there, don't worry about anything going wrong. The resort manager, Mr. Leonard Henry, and his staff will take care of everything for you.

Once there, get to know as many of the staff as you can. Learn a little about them personally, learn their names and call them by their names.....it goes further than you can imagine.

But the biggest, most useful advice is about the savings account. Start it now for this reason....when you get back to the states, you will suffer a slight case of depression trying to figure out when and how you will return. Don't worry, it happens to all of us. The only way to fight it is to know that you have already started preparations for the next trip. Oh, and, save a little more, you will soon realize that a week is not enough time. We started with 6 nights, moved to 8 the next trip, then 10, then 11.

Best Wishes.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast