Thread: June 2011

Dennis and Louise...............................June 2 - 14
    Steve and Jeannie...............................June 2 - 10
    Angie and Brian (wedding 6/6- 1st time).........June 3 - 10
    Lil and Jeff (with Ang & Brian- 1st time........June 3 - 10
    Jessica and Darren..............................June 4 - 11
    Jonathon and Laurie.............................June 4 - 12
    Billy and Audra................................ June 5 - 15
    (plus Dustin/Megan and Allan/Angie in spirit)
    Curtis and Edith................................June 6 - 15
    Christine and Brian.............................June 8 - 18
    Dani and Donny(first timers to Jamaica).........June 9 -16
    Tony and Mary...................................June 9 - 16
    Ben and Nicole..................................June 9 - 16
    Kristin & Louie.................................June 20 - 26
    Colleen and Tom.................................June 24 - July 1
    Debbie and Bob..................................June 25 - July 2
    Jen and Scott...................................June 25 - July 2
    Travis and Misty (plus Jake and Dana............June 25 - 30
    Barry and Jacqueline........................... June 25 - July 2
    Craig and Tonya ............................... June 25 - July 2
    Caroline from North Carolina and Mark...........June 26 - July 1

Hi everyone!!! Remember us? GO BIG RED! Steve has been bugging since forever to get our names on the list and so I'm getting it done. It's 16 degrees outside at 4 pm, the warmest it's been for 3 days. We can't wait for June to go home and warm up!

Angela,
    I don't know how schools work in Munster or Chicago, but I was in the classroom as a teacher for fifteen years and now work as an educational consultant for the State of Texas. I feel like I can give you a little advice about how to handle the situation with your kids and the extended school year.
    First, don't wait until the end of school. In fact don't wait another week.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Crap,
    I posted the last post before I finished typing it!!

Anyway, don't wait. Be proactive and go talk to your kids' principals right now. Explain your situation, including the fact that you have non-refundable plans, paid wedding expenses, non-changeable flights, and finally a complete ARSE for an ex!!
    It is much easier to get things arranged in your favor now than waiting to the last second. As an administrator, I would appreciate you planning ahead vs. coming in at the last second and trying to make me change my policies to fit your needs. At least by you acting this early, I would feel like you are trying to make my life easier. In fact, i would tell the principal "I am just trying to make your life easier at the end of school be trying to handle this situation now,"

Hopefully, the kids can take finals, etc. early, then the ex can take them and y'all can get on the plane as scheduled.

Hope this helps!!
    Hang in there and let me know if you need to know anything else. I will always try to help where i can.

Respect,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Wow!!
    Audra left tonight to head back to San ANtonio for work. I was bored just sitting around the house so I decided to pull up last year's pictures and look through them.

For those of you that were in them.....I can not come up with the words to explain how much I miss each and everyone of you. And, I can't tell you how hard it is to pass time until June when we can all be toghether again.

For the newbies on this thread.......I know it sounds goofy, but just you wait. After June 2011, you will have a new appreciation for all of this. I can't wait to hear your comments on this (well on the June 2012 thread) that wil be started as soon as we all come back to the states.

See ya soon....keep count'em down!!!

One Love,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Casey and Nate checking in.
    We will be arriving June 24th, departing July 1st. We enjoyed our 5 day stay in June of '09 so much we can't wait to return. We were unable to come back last year as approx. 9 months after our '09 trip we welcomed our son into the world. Heads up newley weds - there's something in the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Evening all,
    First let me clarify something that you probably have already figured out by the post, Billy is FAR from shy! He is a great friend to get to know and he will find you and get to know you! Missing you Billy!

Steve and Jeanie, Glad to see you will be back while we are there! Will be a lot of fun again this year.

Angela,
    I agree with Billy. As a teacher myself, I would much prefer to know in advance and work things out with you. Do your kids possibly have friends that they could stay with those last few days? I am very aware of exes that can do what they can to sabotage things. You need to do what you need to do to get down there and get married. Can't wait to meet you!

Our weather is warming up here in Georgia, but that doesn't help the wanting to go to Jamaica.

Ready!!!

I am so excited to see that there will be a lot of people on here there at the same time as us. I am so excited to go. Mark has never flown on a plane and neither of us have ever left the country. We are going to start working on our passports this week.

Hey Dani,
    What does he usually fly on???? A seagulll!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I kill myself....time to go get another Crown and 7....

Count'em down folks, it is getting close!!!!

WOO HOO !!!!!

Respect,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Way to go Casey and Nate....
    Congrats on the baby and on getting back to CTI!!!
    Y'all look like a great couple, wish you could be there in early June!!

One Love,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Default CTI June

Hi! My husband and I as well as my sister and her husband are planning to come to CTI in June. CAN NOT WAIT! But I need help deciding on a room category and it's location. I'm thinking about the Premiere Ocean view but what location should I request? I want quiet and to be able to hear the ocean waves. We are leaving behind 4 kids and I don't want the noise!!

Also, does CTI have bar books with drinks in them? CN does and I loved that! CSS does not. We have been to both of those and wasn't impressed at all with CSS except the room. Too many stairs to climb everywhere and the beach was way too small and rocky.

I like the inclusions at CTI!

Thanks so much Billy and Audra! I will take your advice for sure and talk to them NOW.

Our wedding is official.... 11am on Monday, June 6th.

I think we will all get along brilliantly. I love people too and have such a wonderful feeling about this vacation. I hope that all of you on this board will be there to celebrate with us. It's just me, Brian, Jeff and Lil. Having new friends there to experience this with us will make it unforgettable! 101 days for us.............

What are bar books with drinks in them????

I know what you mean, Holly about leaving the kids behind and wanting peace and quiet!

Hollyw.......

At one time, CTI did have bar books. Two drinks per page and about 32 pages or so. I do not know if they are still there are not. To be truthful, I can't remember seeing them since the remodel.......doesn't mean they are gone though. Several years back, we caught one of those rainy days at CTI so my brother and I decided we were going to drink the book, front cover to back. We are both very competitve by nature, so you can see where this is going. Page one.....good, page two, good.......page three, four and five.....still rolling pretty good. however, it did not take to much more to realize that so many different alcohols, all the fruitiness, and many different colotrs was not going to be a good idea. We mutually agreed to stop when we realized that there was a distinct possibility that when we went to the bathroom, it may look like a skittles rainbow coming out!!! Ah, the good old days!!!!!!

See you all soon!!!!!!
    Respect,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

A wedding on the 6th...can't wait!!

Since our countdown calendar coordinates with our original June 3 date, we are doing the double digit dance TODAY!! 99 days (technically 100, but we will be en route for the final day) until we are back in paradise!!

I think I can, I think I can, NOPE cannot wait to get to CTI. I've been dreaming about vacation!

121 days and counting.... can't wait!!! Sick of the cold up here in NY. I hear there are some weddings to celebrate, congrats and we'll toast on the beach to celebrate.

Can you believe it?????

I am having to adjust our dates on the June list again. I have been watching our airfare prices since last june when we returned from CTI. Last year, our roundtrip airfare from Houston to Montego was about $500 each. When this years flights were first released, they started about $550. In my infinite wisdom, I thought I would wait it out, keep a close eye on it, and buy them as soon as they dropped to $500 or so. In the middle of the fall, the R/T non-stop airfare went to $918 each and it has not gone down since. Last Thursday, I discovered that if we changed our dates from the 5th to 15th to the 5th to the 16th, we could get our airfare for $520 each. So here is the deal, if I pay Couples another $350 or so to stay in paradise one extra day, I can save almost $1000 on airfare.

I bet y'all are all wondering what Audra told me to do on this one!!!!!

Billy and Audra................................ June 5 - 16

P.S. COuntdown is at 94 days for our June 2nd arrivals....YEA!!!!!!!

AND, 98 DAYS for Angie and Brian's WEDDING BELLS!!!!! I guess since it will be in Jamaica, we should say WEDDING STEEL DRUMS!!!!!!!!!

Respect,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

We are coming June 18-23. It will be our first resort vacation ever much less to an Island. We are very excited. It is our 20th anniversary that week so I hope all goes well. We look forward to meeting anyone that week.
    Beth

Hey everyone, Brian and I will definitely be there in spirit this June, and are planning on being "home" in June 2012 as long as grandma and grandpa don't mind some Addy time. Things have been hectic, but I'm back at work.
    Billy--this is my first time logging on so I didn't see your post about maternity leave until now. I got PAID maternity leave for whatever vacation/personal days I had, then UNPAID for anything additional. It just so happened that xmas and thanksgiving were in there and those were freebies. It ended up being about 9 weeks (2 unpaid weeks). How's school? You aren't teaching right, you have that new position? Am I remembering correctly? Soccer season just started so life is busier than ever! I was so jealous when I saw the picture of all of you in Texas, miss you all SO much! Dustin and Brian talk a lot over texts though.

Everyone else, you will love Couples and this group. Make sure to meet Damion, he's the best bartender around. I've attached a picture of Addy for those of you that want to see it
    KBD

Kristin and Brian

Billy and Audra................................ June 5 - 16
    Beth and her beau................................June 18 - 23

Beth,
    I added you to the list, but did not know what name to use with yours. Welcome to the Junebugs. It really is a great group and while many of us will be gone when you arrive, those that are still there will help you celebrate the glorious occasion. Congrats!!!

For those of you that go in early June or can adjust schedules to be there in early June.........
    I want to put this out there now so that you have ample time to plan. I booked the 2012 trip yesterday. We are going June 4 - 14. There is an open invitation to all to be there on Friday, June 8,2012. Audra and I will be renewing our vows after 20 years of marriage in a ceremony to be held out on the island that evening. We welcome all that wish to be there!!!

One Love,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Hey Billy, you know we're booked CTI for 2012, and really looking forward to sharing in your renewal ceremony. We were hoping you & Audra would move over to CSS with us on the 9th, but looks like you'll just have to do a Trading Places on that following Monday so we can all invade Sunset Beach together again. This time Kristin can drink too!!

I am getting super excited about mine and Marks trip to CTI!! We are going to get our passports next week. Is there away that everyone on ehre that will be there the same time as us can kind of get to know each other before we arrive?? We will be arriving on June 26th (day after our wedding) and staying until July 1st. Mark and I have never been out of the country before so any advice that you guys could give would be great. Also Mark has never flown before, yikes!

Caroline,
    While Audra and I will be long gone (leaving the 16th) by the time y'all arrive, the best way to meet others at CTI from this board is to post pictures like these. That way, people have an idea of who to look for. Audra and I ran into Allen and ANgie last year in the Houston airport. We had all posted pictures and it turned out that their connecting flight was the same as our flight headed down to Jamaica. We met Dustin and megan about the same way the year before. Post a pic when you get a chance...it doesn't have to be from Jamaica.

About your passports, stay on top of that situation, sometimes people run into snags and delays. As far as Mark neve flying before....no worries. Just remember, there are take-offs and crashes. Fortuneately, most of the crashes are pretty well controlled.

Respect,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

We are down to 91 days 20 hours and 41 minutes until we land home. Woohoo. Don't worry about a ting, every little ting, gonna be all right. Love IRIE

add me add me LOL

Dan & Tara

our first time there and getting married on our wedding moon,,

June 5th - June 12th 2011

106 days! Can't wait.....pic is us at CN/CSA 2007 split trip...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast