Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cti beach

Hybrid View

Default Cti beach

Following a recent trip to CTI we are wondering how the beach repair is coming on??Name:  101_0338.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  37.4 KB
    Last edited by lozzilou; June 21st, 2010 at 09:50 AM.

What happened to the beach? When did the collapse occur? Does anyone have any idea how it is looking now?

I'm really concerned.... the beach caved in?? I am going to CTI in 2 weeks.... hoping for good news!

it was on the weekend of 12th june a small part of the beach on the bayside side below the main pool collasped into the sea(see attached picture appending approval) a team of workers started work to tidy it up during the week we were leaving but as hard as they work by hand in my opinion they need some mechanical help? before there is no beach left in that area.
    Last edited by lozzilou; June 22nd, 2010 at 10:14 AM.

The sea gives and the sea takes. This past January there was a storm and the sea took, but reports have since said that the sea has given back. No need for concern.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Yeah, we'll be there in 3 weeks and the last picture I saw the beach looked pretty bad off. I really hope something can be done about it before we arrive!

Here are a few pictures of the beach at CTI. They were taken between June 5 and June 15, 2010. Don't let reports of "the collapsed beach" get blown out of proportion. There is plenty of beautiful beach for everyone to enjoy. Go with a smile on your face and get ready to have the time of your life.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    Here are a few pictures of the beach at CTI. They were taken between June 5 and June 15, 2010. Don't let reports of "the collapsed beach" get blown out of proportion. There is plenty of beautiful beach for everyone to enjoy. Go with a smile on your face and get ready to have the time of your life.

Agreed - that picture of the beach there appears to be all the way at the very end of the beach near Bayside and I've never seen anyone hanging out there, even in previous years when there was no "erosion". We were just there at the same time Billy was (Hi Billy!) and the beach was absolutely fine. Don't worry about it at all.

From the picture any beach that was there was probably man made so it is not suprising that it may come and go with the seasons and tidals changes.

Is it always so green? The promotional photos don't show any growth like that so I am really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Is it always so green? The promotional photos don't show any growth like that so I am really surprised.
    In three trips with 4 booked for July 3rd, I have never seen it "green". As posted that is by Bayside and that area doesn't get a lot of use. When we have been there, the water has been high and there wasn't a beach by Bayside.
    Vicky

can i just stay that the part of the beach affected does not by any means effect what is a wonderful resort with superb staff and facilities and this post was only started to see how the repair/clean up was going on?
    the seaweed has beached due to the time of year and is taken away every morning by the very hard working staff. enjoy your holidays,
    dont worry be happy

Oh, so that area is usually under water? I was thinking that was the main beach. Since I have never been there I have no idea where Bayside is or where the main beach is.

we stayed at cti 6/6 - 6/16 and had a wonderful time. my one complaint was the water. i knew going in that the beach was small and that did not bother me, but we were only able to enjoy the water the first 1/2 of our trip because the seaweed was very bad. there were many days there was no one in the water because of the seaweed. the workers did all they could to clean up the beach (they did a great job), but you could not go in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by markjennwedding View Post
    we stayed at cti 6/6 - 6/16 and had a wonderful time. my one complaint was the water. i knew going in that the beach was small and that did not bother me, but we were only able to enjoy the water the first 1/2 of our trip because the seaweed was very bad. there were many days there was no one in the water because of the seaweed. the workers did all they could to clean up the beach (they did a great job), but you could not go in the water.
    I just got home today. Was there 6/19-6/23. My wife and I were only able to get in the ocean 1 of the days we were there. There are large amounts of algae and seaweed that wash up on the beach and in shoreline everyday througout the day. It was so thick in the shoreline that it appeared a black color even though it was green. We were told it should be gone in a day or two, that was on 6/19. When We
    left this afternoon and it was still un-swimmable. No one swam in the ocean the whole time we were there. This was a major disappointment for our recent trip. We will stick with negril from now on. I'll try and post a pic tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzymiz7 View Post
    I just got home today. Was there 6/19-6/23. My wife and I were only able to get in the ocean 1 of the days we were there. There are large amounts of algae and seaweed that wash up on the beach and in shoreline everyday througout the day. It was so thick in the shoreline that it appeared a black color even though it was green. We were told it should be gone in a day or two, that was on 6/19. When We
    left this afternoon and it was still un-swimmable. No one swam in the ocean the whole time we were there. This was a major disappointment for our recent trip. We will stick with negril from now on. I'll try and post a pic tommorow.
    ouch doesnt any of the CTI vets know if these is a seasonal occurance? It would suck to go to a beach resort and not be able to enjoy the beach .. then again Ochi is not noted for it beaches
    Can anyone confirm if this was just seasonal or a odd marine occurance or a regular thing at CTI
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Oh, so that area is usually under water? I was thinking that was the main beach. Since I have never been there I have no idea where Bayside is or where the main beach is.
    If you look at Bill & Audra's first photo, Bayside is the group of pagoda's at the far left. The next white building is Building 1. To the right of that you will see a wall at the beach. When we were there the first time, 2006, that was all under water to the wall. We were in that building and you could hear the waves crashing against the wall and look down and see the waves.
    This was our view when we looked down from our balcony.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Vicky

I have only been to CSA so this is a little bit of a surprise to me. Is it the same way at CSS too?

"ouch doesnt any of the CTI vets know if these is a seasonal occurance? It would suck to go to a beach resort and not be able to enjoy the beach .. then again Ochi is not noted for it beaches
    Can anyone confirm if this was just seasonal or a odd marine occurance or a regular thing at CTI"

We are making our 4th trip the first week of July and we have not had the algae problem & we have always been able to do water sports.
    Vicky

We've been going since 94 & April was the 1st I've ever seen or heard of that much seaweed shutting off the beach. Now it looks & sounds worse,I don't think it's seasonal,unless from now on it is going to be. We were told in April that right after the Haiti earthquake the beach started having issues.

I have to agree with Mizzymiz7. We were there 6/19 to 6/26.
    The beach is fine...there's seaweed on it every morning but they have guys out cleaning it up. There's plenty of room and chairs.
    The problem is the ocean...when you walk in, you have to wade through the muck (algae, seawood, debris) and wade back through it on the way out. It's also very rough...you can't really float on it as you get hit by waves and pushed back towards shore. It's alot of work to stay out on your floatie. We had 5 red flag days and 2 yellow flags so there wasn't much of an option to do those. The beach was mostly deserted as everyone hung out in the pools.
    We normally go to CSA so I just thought this was just a difference between Ocho Rios and Negril, but we did the trading places to CSS and that beach was fabulous...no seaweed and calm as can be. They also had green flag days for watersports. Next time we venture away from CSA, we'll go with CSS!

I will also add this....and Angie can back me up on it I bet.....if the beach seems to be aproblem with the seaweed, waves, etc., go out to the island. We were at CTI from June 5-15. We did notice the seaweed and we did notice that there were guys picking every bit of it up, every day, all day. However, it never made a difference out on the island.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    I will also add this....and Angie can back me up on it I bet.....if the beach seems to be aproblem with the seaweed, waves, etc., go out to the island. We were at CTI from June 5-15. We did notice the seaweed and we did notice that there were guys picking every bit of it up, every day, all day. However, it never made a difference out on the island.
    No problems with seaweed on the island whatsoever.

We were there after Billy & Audra (met them the first night) and agree that the island was incredible. Here's the thing. Most people are hanging out in the pools with the swim up bars anyway. The ocean is fun, but you can experience it from the island, or from the catamaran cruise without the seaweed. We talked to some staff members who have worked at CTI for 26 years and never seen seaweed like CTI is currently experiencing. No worries...This to shall pass!

As I was reading this thread, I was thinking the same thing that Billy posted. We saw the seaweed, but out on the island we had no problems mon! Enjoy everything about Couples and know that they do everything they can to make it an incredible place to spend your time. We can't help what Mother Nature throws at us. Just relax and enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast