Default Low calorie drinks?

We are headed back to CN on Sunday and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for low calorie drinks. I'm on a diet and don't want to completely ruin it while on vacation (which I did last year by drinking many, many Hummingbirds and Miami Vices). Yum! Still want something refreshing on the beach, but not too many calories.

T&t :d

I bring generic Crystal Light packets, then order vodka and club soda. I add the packet and tada - flavor without nearly as many calories!

How about a Pink Ting? 1oz Grenadine
    2 dashes Angostura bitters
    Top with Ting over ice

Really refreshing!

Refined alcohol will be laden with sugar, but Vodka is reasonable (brings my wifes blood sugar down, actually), and rum and diet is a great mix. The diet fixes that super-sweet problem of Rum/Regular.

Calories???? Diet?????? no such things at Couples LOL!!!!

Seriously though, I find it's best to stick to vodka & diet coke which I do religously at home, however, I can't visit Jamaica & not drink appletons

I spent 1wk @ CSA & 1wk @ CN in May & managed only to gain 6lbs - mainly due to avoiding carbs, but I couldnt resist the desserts & appletons.

My advice? try to forget the diet, but eat sensibly - pile on the salad, fruit & veg & AVOID the carbs.

Above all have a fantastic time, you'll have the rest of the year to stick to healthy eating....ya mon

Anything with diet and an alcohol would be your best bet other than a Red Strip light. Drink a glass of water between each alcoholic drink and that will help significantly.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

What about juice or fruit smoothies, no sugar syrup added, with a shot of rum or vodka. I like Ting and Vodka, but the Ting has sugar.Three years ago at CTI (then COR) I gained so much weight from the food and drinks, I had to find something with elastic waist so I would be somewhat comfortable on the flight. Last year, I just was more careful, exercised in the am in the gym as well as did the power walks up the mountain and it helped. Good luck!
    Vicky

Rum and Diet Soda is very low calorie...and yummy!

Default Too many virgin hummingbirds

I'm with you - last January after spending about 2 1/2 weeks at Couples I gained 11 pounds! Previous trips I was better about drinking Crystal Lite - but not this last time. The plan for the next trip is to do more Cystal Lite. Take empty plastic pop bottles with you - make sure you put a label on it so the housekeepers don't throw them out. Mark a fill line for the water. I've never had a problem with their water. So I'm not totally depriving myself - I'm going to daily go through the list of non-alcoholic drinks and have a new one each day. Also vowing to myself - no afternoon - or late evening visit to the soft serve ice cream machine at CN (note to CN - don't remove this - it's a great asset that other Couples Resorts don't seem to have).

Hmm, does anyone know a good drink recipe with Crystal Light? I bet vodka with iced tea packet would be good. Anyone ever mix their crystal light with soda or tonic water?

My personal favorite is coconut rum with club soda and a splash of juice (pineapple is what I like.) VERY refreshing, low in calories and doesn't contain any artificial sweeteners. (which I avoid like the plague.)

See these two articles on artificial sweeteners and weight loss:
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20080...ncrease-weight
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040...e-diet-efforts
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Tequilla chilled, than sipped not shot!!!!

How about a wine spritzer using diet 7up?

I like iced tea (unsweetened) and peach schnapps. Yum