Thread: Early Arrival

Default Early Arrival

I understand check in at the resorts are not until 4pm. My Fiance and I will be arriving at MB airport by 9 Am, and are staying at CSS. So as long as there are no delays I assume we should be at the resort at or before noon. Do we just leave our luggage in the lobby until our room is ready? I would hate to think it would not be safe there but hey ya never know. Any advice from anyone that has arrived this early would be great! Thanks!

If your room isn't ready, they will keep your luggage in a secure area, no worries. You can use the beach, restaurants, etc. while you are waiting for your room.

Quote Originally Posted by Babygurlkt View Post
    I understand check in at the resorts are not until 4pm. My Fiance and I will be arriving at MB airport by 9 Am, and are staying at CSS. So as long as there are no delays I assume we should be at the resort at or before noon. Do we just leave our luggage in the lobby until our room is ready? I would hate to think it would not be safe there but hey ya never know. Any advice from anyone that has arrived this early would be great! Thanks!
    Yes, your luggage will be fine. The bellman keep track of it. So that being said, keep a swim suit, beach shoes, sunscreen and coverup handy. There is a place for you to change and then you can go eat and enjoy the beach and other things the resort has to offer while you wait.
    Vicky

They don't keep your luggage in a secure area and nobody keeps track of it in our experience. They don't always know who it belongs to and if there is a shift change that new person has no idea. Our luggage sat on the front steps, my wedding dress hung in the blazing sun even though I kept asking if we could move it. Direct sunlight will ruin a wedding dress in no time. We got there way before noon and didn't get a room until almost 5pm. I could only sit in the lobby for so long so we went to get something to eat. When we came back to the lobby to check on things I saw a man going through my suitcase. He said he was confused and thought it was his. I doubt it. My suitcase is very unique and there is no way anyone else would mistake it for theirs. Plus, ours was the only luggage sitting out there. I asked if we could move our luggage to someone safer and they said this was perfectly safe. The same people who watched someone else go into my luggage and search through it and then watched me come running up panicking said my luggage would be fine sitting on the step. They didn't even act concerned at all when I caught him. There was plenty of space to move our bags into the lounge area where they check you in but they would not allow it. Everyone else was getting rooms right away so it's not like there was a ton of bags to move, just ours. After we caught the guy going through our bags at least one of us stayed within view of them at all times which is an awesome way to start a honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    They don't keep your luggage in a secure area and nobody keeps track of it in our experience. When we came back to the lobby to check on things I saw a man going through my suitcase. He said he was confused and thought it was his. I doubt it. My suitcase is very unique and there is no way anyone else would mistake it for theirs.
    wow now i know where all my wifes panties went the last time we arrived to our resort early and went to the beach ... she opened the suit case and unpacks only to realize that she didnt have any panties yet she claimed she did ... i chalked it up she simply forgot to put them in the bag

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    They don't keep your luggage in a secure area ...
    Wow. Sorry to hear about that. However, I do think that was an exceptional occurrence. On all our trips to CSA we have arrived before noon and have had to wait for our room for a couple of hours or more. We have never had any problem with our bags being rifled or tampered with.

I did notice this year that they issue bag tags at the lounge in the airport now. Sort of like the ones that the airlines attach to your bags. When our room was ready the young man that hauled our bags for us would not even load them on the cart until we produced the stubs with the corresponding numbers that were on our bags. I think this is a relatively new procedure as I don't recall this being done the last time we were there, in 2007. It did make me feel better about leaving our bags in the lobby while we went for lunch and a visit to the beach.

Well I do hope this will not be the case when we arrive our wedding moon I will have locks on my luggage though to keep the sick pervs out of my luggage I would say invest in a few tsa locks they sell them at walmart for around 7 bucks each that should keep the pantie snatcher away

You wouldn't even need to buy TSA locks if you wait to lock your bags until you get to the resort and discover that your room isn't ready. We have the little locks that came with the luggage that we'll use next time we arrive early. (and I guess I'll stop telling people that the resorts provide a secure place for your luggage. They put ours in the office and CN.)
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default TSA lock alternative

Janbme - I have a suggestion that's one better than the TSA locks, a tip I got from the folks on a major cruise-related MB.

Go to Radio Shack or Office Max and get a pack of nylon ties (like are often used to hold cables together) in a color other than the usual clear or black. Use these to secure the luggage where you would otherwise use a lock. Just make sure you have a pair of nail clippers handy to clip them off later!

If TSA goes through your luggage, they'll generally put another nylon tie on (usually the translucent white color), and have their standard TSA "We Looked Inside Your Suitcase" tag inside the bag. And you'll know instantly that someone's messed with it (TSA or otherwise).

Mind you, if someone wants to get into your bag, there are plenty of ways to do it (and TSA locks can be picked fairly easily). But since most theft is one of opportunity, this will slow them down and make the move on to another (easier) target.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Wow. Sorry to hear about that. However, I do think that was an exceptional occurrence. On all our trips to CSA we have arrived before noon and have had to wait for our room for a couple of hours or more. We have never had any problem with our bags being rifled or tampered with.

I did notice this year that they issue bag tags at the lounge in the airport now. Sort of like the ones that the airlines attach to your bags. When our room was ready the young man that hauled our bags for us would not even load them on the cart until we produced the stubs with the corresponding numbers that were on our bags. I think this is a relatively new procedure as I don't recall this being done the last time we were there, in 2007. It did make me feel better about leaving our bags in the lobby while we went for lunch and a visit to the beach.
    They did have those tags on the nags but I thought they were just so our bags didn't go to the wrong resort. Nobody asked for any tags when our room was available.

Both times we have been to CSA they kept our luggage in the same spot while we waited- the steps right next to the driveway. That might be a safe place depending on how shady the guests are at the time and weather or not your stuff will be ok sitting in the sun. Mine wasn't.

I was just looking around here to see what people thought about arriving early and saw this topic. We are heading back to CN next June and we have the choice of leaving Philly around 6am and arriving at 8:25 in MB. I would assume that we should be at the resort by noon. Last time we arrived around3 or so and were taken right to our rooms. Hopefully we do not have a long delay.

Sorry melody.
    I was not trying to disparage your comments, only making an observation of my own. I hope things work out better for you next time.

Melody-I am so sorry that happened to u. The way people rave about the staff @ Couples, it seems they could have done something or even seemed a little bit more concerned.

Maywillcomehard-that's hilarious. I laughed so hard and loud. I wonder why would someone take someone's panties out their suitcase? Nothing else, just panties. That's really funny.