Default Resorts comparisons

My husband and I have visited Couples Negril twice and love it. Part of me wants to visit one of the other Couples resorts but hate to think we might be disappointed if that is possible. We go to relax, don't need the party side of a vacation. We love the beach at CN and also the atmosphere. For those of you who have visited the other resorts, please tell me your take on the others. We are 55ish if that helps any. Thanks so much!!!

OK Ctram - are you ME????

I totally feel your pain!!! We are die hard CSA lovers - have been going there for the last 10 years....every once in a while we think it would be great (financially) to do a Secret Rendezvous, or maybe try CN....but when push comes to shove, we just can't deal with any other Couples vacation destination. We're back at CSA over Thanksgiving, and I'm thinking of trying to get my honey to do a Trading Places with CN - Who knows - we may love it!!

I'd suggest you book with CN if you absolutely adore the resort, and do a Trading Places with CSA to see if it is your kind of place....

As you well know, you've chosen the best vacation spot (for you), so ENJOY!!

We also visited CN our first two times to Couples. Like you, we completely fell in love with the place, esp the beach and the atmosphere. Last Sept we went to CTI and loved it so much we are going back there again for 9 nights this Sept (77 days and counting). The beach is small and private, no other resorts in view. This is the perfect place to try AN, the island is so much fun and we met some great folks. Couples of all ages, there's evening entertainment if you want to join, but the CTI is relatively quiet at night. We enjoyed the peacefulness at the spa several nights in the hot tubs and the buddha pool. Whichever resort you select next, be sure to take advantage of the Trading Places program and visit the sister Couples resort (you have to sign up for Romance Rewards program, which you should do anyway for the great bennies!). We also loved CSS and will probably stay there at some point. We are addicted to Couples. You'll enjoy yourselves wherever you decide to go.

ctram, my husband and I are working our way around the 4 Couples resorts; we will visit the 4th (CSA) in December.

I was a little worried about being disappointed when we visited the second time, but went with the mindset to expect each location to be different. Certainly, we still compare each, but if you expect each resort to be unique, you won't be disappointed. Whichever you visit, you will receive the same high level of service.

We are same age group. Nick and I are going to CN for the third time in October. CTI is also our home, on the other side of the island. We have been there 4 times. Can't go wrong with Couples! Enjoy!

If the beach is a big draw for you and you want to try another resort, then I suggest CSA. You will still get the same fabulous beach with lots of room for exploring. We really enjoy the beach at CSA and being able to walk down the beach and see all the local restaurants etc.

CTI and CSS just don't have the beaches that CN and CSA do. When we went to CTI and CSS we missed the long beach with the soft sand. Now, I will tell you that we loved CSS, but not for it's beach. CSS has a special feel to it and instead of a beach to roam on there are the grounds to explore. While CTI wasn't our cup of tea, we found ourselves loving CSS and consequently are headed back there and also to CN in 2011.

Aside from service and food, which are all excellent at any of the resorts, the things that stand out to us are:

CSA: Long beach, spread out grounds, fabulous sports facilities.
    CN: Long beach, compact resort
    CTI: High rise hotel style resort with everything centered around one building.
    CSS: Extensive grounds with lush gardens. The grounds are so spread out and there are so few guest rooms that the place feels like you have it all to yourself.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Have tried three and found our home

My husband and I have stayed at Couples Negril, Tower Island and San Souci. Each resort has its own personality and you have to find the one that best fits you. We have found that Couples San Souci is our home. It is smaller than the other two. More intimate. You see the same people over and over so it is easier to make friends and it has Sunset Beach. The best AN of all three! Hands down.

You just need to try all of the Couples resorts to find the one that best fits you! But as you already know you can't go wrong with any of the Couple Resorts! This will be our fourth time and I can't wait we are going back in November to Couples San Souci and will spend one day at Tower Island and I am counting the days (159) until we are home again!

Annarundel

Quote Originally Posted by The2ofus View Post
    Last Sept we went to CTI and loved it so much we are going back there again for 9 nights this Sept (77 days and counting). The beach is small and private, no other resorts in view. This is the perfect place to try AN, the island is so much fun and we met some great folks. Couples of all ages, there's evening entertainment if you want to join, but the CTI is relatively quiet at night. We enjoyed the peacefulness at the spa several nights in the hot tubs and the buddha pool. Whichever resort you select next, be sure to take advantage of the Trading Places program and visit the sister Couples resort (you have to sign up for Romance Rewards program, which you should do anyway for the great bennies!). We also loved CSS and will probably stay there at some point. We are addicted to Couples. You'll enjoy yourselves wherever you decide to go.
    Just to clarify, CTI is not all AN only the island! Don't want you scared off before you get there if that is not of interest to you.
    Vicky

Default You will love them!

We went to CTI in 2005, then did a split trip in 2007 to CN and CSA. We loved them all! They are all different but fabulous! In 2011 we will finally make it back and are going to the renovated CTI and will take advantage of the Trading Spaces and go visit CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by ctram View Post
    My husband and I have visited Couples Negril twice and love it. Part of me wants to visit one of the other Couples resorts but hate to think we might be disappointed if that is possible. We go to relax, don't need the party side of a vacation. We love the beach at CN and also the atmosphere. For those of you who have visited the other resorts, please tell me your take on the others. We are 55ish if that helps any. Thanks so much!!!

Any time I read a post like this, and especially with the portion of it I highlighted, I'm inclined to advise that you should stay put. Not because the other resorts couldn't be as nice as CN, but because what you stated tells me you'd be constantly comparing whichever resort you chose to CN. From what I've read over the past year and a half of perusing this board is that once folks have found a Couples resort they absolutely love - which is often the first one they visit - that unless they visit another property with a truly open mind, they simply find themselves comparing it to their first love, and often negatively at that.

If you're truly willing to visit another property with that open mind previously mentioned, then I'm willing to wager you'll find that Couples does it right for all of their resorts, yet manages to give each its own individual stamp. Since there is so much you love about CN, epecially the beaches, if you are willing to try another but don't want to stray to far, why not consider CSA. Same beautiful beach, only even longer. Same great Couples food, service, attitude, etc. But you really have to WANT to try a new place. If not, as I said at the beginning, stay put. You've already found your paradise.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    OK Ctram - are you ME????

I totally feel your pain!!! We are die hard CSA lovers - have been going there for the last 10 years....every once in a while we think it would be great (financially) to do a Secret Rendezvous, or maybe try CN....but when push comes to shove, we just can't deal with any other Couples vacation destination. We're back at CSA over Thanksgiving, and I'm thinking of trying to get my honey to do a Trading Places with CN - Who knows - we may love it!!

I'd suggest you book with CN if you absolutely adore the resort, and do a Trading Places with CSA to see if it is your kind of place....

As you well know, you've chosen the best vacation spot (for you), so ENJOY!!
    We did that last year. Went to CN for the day with trading places. I did not enjoy it as much, but that was probably because we are beach people and not pool people.

We are headed back to CSA for the 4th time at thanksgiving this year. I just cannot see a reason to mess with perfect.

Ron & Rosa 25 - You are so correct about the first Couples you visit becomes the one you fall for...That being said.. you can't go wrong at any of the Couples..... but your first love is just that!!! CSS-1 CTI-4 Other resorts - 3
    And yes... I found myself comparing the other resorts to Couples...All were good, but weren't Couples....(Had our son with so couldn't do Couples)

I would have to agree with Ron and Rosa, if you think you going to be disappointed, you will be. That said our first resort was Couples Negril, while I really really liked it, I did not love it, the next time we went to Swept Away, loved, loved, loved it. We have been back 5 times and in between to CTI and CSS. I loved the ground of CSS, beach ok, the staff at CTI were outstanding, service was above and beyond and liked the resort, we are hopefully returning to CTI in November, just have to wait and see if a couple of things work out. You will cretainly not go wrong at any resort you choose.

I tend to disagree with Ron & Rosa 25's suggestion to "stay put". We debated this same thing "Do we try another Couples? Will we like another couples as well as CSA?" The answer is a definite YES. We have visited CSA twice and we just returned from CSS. We have decided that we cannot label them 1 & 2 so we are calling them 1A & 1B. This is the only two we have visited (so far) and yes, they are very different. Total agree with Coloradojuli, we love them both for the same reasons she defined and have not been to CTI for the reason she defines, the one building hotel feel does not appeal to us.

In summary, I am soooo glad we tried CSS! I guess the lesson I learned..if we had returned to CSA this June instead of trying CSS, we would have had a wonderful time, we would have come home talking about how great the resort, the food, the staff, etc were but we would have missed out on something just as good if not better. We will return to both CSA and CSS.

My suggestion….if you love one Couples location but you are feeling the pull to a different Couples location, try it. If you don’t like it as well as "your #1", you don’t have to go again – this is the freedom and beauty of so many choices!

Ok, Here is my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!! We have been to 3 of the 4 resorts. We don't do CSA because there is not a AN area. Not trying to disrespect those who love CSA. I am sure that it is wonderful. Never heard anything but good. After comparing the 3 that we have visited (numerous times) I can say that we took the parts that appealed to us, and enjoyed them. The particulars that were negative, were in no way near enough to say " Won't go back there again" Its very simple: If you are beach walkers, and enjoy the long sandy beaches and clear water, NEGRIL. If its more privacy in a lagoon type setting, OCHO RIOS. The food, atmosphere, and entertainment is the same. In 9 trips, we never regretted our pick. I don't think that is possible.

Default ctram-try a split!

We also had been hesitant to try a new resort after 4 great trips to CN but we wanted to check out the other side of the island. Our solution was to do a CSS/CN split. We spend 3 nights at CSS and finished up with 7 at CN knowing that we loved CN and didn't have to worry about missing it. We loved CSS(no surprise) and returned there in February coupled with a CTI stay. We have also done a CSA/CN split and had a great time at CSA, too. CN is still home but we like the others very much. To us, the trip from Ocho Rios to Negril is like an excursion in itself and is a fun part of the trip.

we visited CN and other resorts in Negril about (10) times before trying CSS, we really liked CSS. The beaches at CSS are nice but small but the a/n beach at CSS is our favorite.

We are going to try CSA next time and that will be (3) of the (4).

ctram, You did say you loved the beach at CN. Would you be willing to give that up to stay at CTI or CSS? The beaches at the two are quite smaller than CN or CSA. If a great beach is high on your priority list, try Trading Places at CSA. If you and your SO take long walks in the evening on that gorgeous beach at CN and it takes your breath away every time, why change?