Default 1st time to AN and Jamaica

My husband and I and another couple are planning on staying at CSS in January '11.
    We are all nervous. Is CSS a good choice for 1st time AN?
    I am very self concious of my stretch marks from my pregnancies. Is this a common sight?
    Last edited by HoneySWLA; June 18th, 2010 at 10:07 PM.

Yes it is, very private and no lookers. Enjoy yourselves.
    Irie Mon

CSS is great choice. It is a seperate beach from the main beach. It has plenty of room to go to one side and be alone, away from others, or you can hang out at the pool and socialize. I would suggest that you maybe take the time and read some of the other blogs in this section. That might help all of you relax. I know for me it was a great start to our AN experiences, and one of the reason I choose CSS for our first trip to Couples.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by HoneySWLA View Post
    My husband and I and another couple are planning on staying at CSS in January '11.
    We are all nervous. Is CSS a good choice for 1st time AN?
    I am very self concious of my stretch marks from my pregnancies. Is this a common sight?
    The great thing about the AN experience is that no one will care about your stretch marks. Funny story, at least I think so, about our first experience at CTI. We had been there a couple of days and we were on the main beach and main pool, feeling slightly out of place. Everyone it seemed was toned, young or toned and young, wearing really cute swimwear. We asked ourselves, where were the people like us?? We were mid to late 40's, had 2 kids by c-section--oh and one was 2 weeks late, delivered late in life and big (10 pounds). So finally one day we got brave and headed to the island at CTI (then COR) which is the AN place for CTI. We found others like us as well as some younger people with more toned bodies, but no one seemed to care. Everyone was friendly and if couples didn't want to sit in the pool and socialized, that wasn't a problem either. We are making our 4th trip in 2 weeks and we have not looked back.

Everyone has something they hide under clothes in everyday life. It's so freeing to let it be out there. Go relax and enjoy.
    Vicky

HoneySWLA - I don't think there's a better place anywhere to try A/N for the first time than Sunset Beach. After the first 5 minutes on the beach, you'll be wondering why you were so worried about it all, and will begin to totally enjoy the wonderful experience. Send us an e-mail at pellis4@cogeco.ca if you'd like, and we'll send you lots of information about CSS and Sunset Beach, and pictures from our 2 trips to CSS last year.
    (Karen&Paul)

What a great story, Vickyj. You have said it all in just an economy of words. Ironically, the "atmosphere" at SSB is SO MUCH less judgmental and SO MUCH MORE open to all than a suited beach. As the saying goes... "youth is wasted on the young." The average age of those at SSB is clearly greater than that at the main beach. This, I think, is due to the fact that older, more experienced folks just feel freer to really "let it all hang out." And those younger folks that do come to SSB are the truly open minded, openhearted, relaxed in their own skin, mature in their youth persons we oldsters love to meet. They give us hope for the future!

Well said Fabfifty. We'll be in Jamaica in 17 days. First Negril 7/11 to 7/15. Then fabulous CSS 7/15 to the 23rd. Can't wait.

Bilkat

Quote Originally Posted by fabfifty View Post
    What a great story, Vickyj. You have said it all in just an economy of words. Ironically, the "atmosphere" at SSB is SO MUCH less judgmental and SO MUCH MORE open to all than a suited beach. As the saying goes... "youth is wasted on the young." The average age of those at SSB is clearly greater than that at the main beach. This, I think, is due to the fact that older, more experienced folks just feel freer to really "let it all hang out." And those younger folks that do come to SSB are the truly open minded, openhearted, relaxed in their own skin, mature in their youth persons we oldsters love to meet. They give us hope for the future!
    Fabfifty, I think it also has to do with being more confident in our relationships with our significant other. You can be a jealous soul when everyone around is naked.
    Vicky

i feel exactly the same ..2 c sections and stretch marks but think i may have to trry it as im there a week before my wedding and cant have tan lines with my dress x

Give it a shot Longley123. You won't regret it and you'll look fabulous in your wedding gown to boot!

Bilkat