Default iPod Dock on the Island

Just wondering if the dodgy CD/Radio on the Island has been replaced by an iPod dock yet.

If not Randymon anything you can do?

we were in an Ocean Suite and yes it is an IPOD dock station! we played Bob Marley all the time. Enjoy. Same at CSS BTW. You must try and do trading spaces, CSS is just so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ddc View Post
    we were in an Ocean Suite and yes it is an IPOD dock station! we played Bob Marley all the time. Enjoy. Same at CSS BTW. You must try and do trading spaces, CSS is just so beautiful.
    thanks we were there in Oct 09 and they had them in the rooms but not on the island itself, I was just trying to find out if there was one there now

Spend $100 and get a battery operated iHome

We used our all over Jamaica....if you're on the beach, keep it low in case others don't want to hear it

Not yet, but I think a patch cord will work.
    Irie Mon

Can anyone who's been recently update this - I'm thinking of burning a few CDs or bringing a cable

I saw this thread and this will allow (I hope)me to express some of the frustrations with CTI... this Sept will be my wife's and I 10th year returning to CTI. Of course we love the staff and the food but the main reason we come back is the Island. I think a very high percentage of repeat guest that come to the resort come because of the Island. After a 30 million dollar renovation what did the island get? A floating dock, new decking and some new tiles. I know the salt air out there is not good on electronics but they do make water proof speakers and stereo components. I don't think it is to much to ask for. The radios that were out always had issues and I can remember several times the struggle to get not a new one but any radio that worked. I also heard that the floating dock is now broken and not there anymore. I can only hope that the radio has been upgraded.

Scott
    Last edited by scottnkim; August 5th, 2010 at 09:35 AM.

The floating dock was still at the island in July. The renovations also included adding sand where the rocks used to be, new tile in the bathroom, new cedar on the pagoda tops and some more chairs.

The radio/CD player was still "ify". Someone did bring their personal portable docking station one day while we were there.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    The floating dock was still at the island in July. The renovations also included adding sand where the rocks used to be, new tile in the bathroom, new cedar on the pagoda tops and some more chairs.

The radio/CD player was still "ify". Someone did bring their personal portable docking station one day while we were there.
    So we got sand, and the cedar tiles had to be replaced due to hurricane Ivan... as far as the floating dock is concerned two out of the four sections are gone and 90% of the time we get dropped off in the sand because the dock is pretty unstable. The island has always been an after thought and its a shame because it is the main reason most repeaters return. We love our island and I know a couple that has been to CTI a lot more then us and are sad also about the lack of access on slightly windy days when the surf is rough due to not having a proper dock.

Scott...

Okay, never knew the dock had four sections and we were there last July 2009 also. Maybe it's just the time we go, but the island has never been closed, but it does sometimes feel like everything there is an after thought. AND most of the people we meet there ARE repeaters or end up being Repeaters.
    Vicky

Scott - was thinking of bringing my portable iPod dock, the lithium batteries last 10 hours fully charged so should last the duration each day.

What do you think?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Jane View Post
    Scott - was thinking of bringing my portable iPod dock, the lithium batteries last 10 hours fully charged so should last the duration each day.

What do you think?

Mike
    (In my best english accent) Bloody good idea Mike

Ivan Islanders

Load up yer iPods with your favourite tunes - the portable iPod dock will be in my luggage!

See you soon guys...

M&J

Is there electric there to plug in a ipod dock or are batteries essential? I will bring mine first week of October when I arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithing View Post
    Is there electric there to plug in a ipod dock or are batteries essential? I will bring mine first week of October when I arrive.
    Yes they have electric outlets there...