Default Can you snorkel from the beach at CSS?

I was wondering if it is worth it to bring snorkeling gear with us to CSS. Is the snorkeling from the beach any good there?
    Thanks!

You can snorkle from the beach @ CSS. There is not much to see in the water, but at either end by the rock fromation there are things to see. Bring your own equipment because I don't believe watersports gives out equipment unless you go out on the snorkling excursion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bake3337 View Post
    I was wondering if it is worth it to bring snorkeling gear with us to CSS. Is the snorkeling from the beach any good there?
    Thanks!
    I brought snorkelling gear the first time I went to CSS. I borrowed it from the shack the second trip (after giving it away). Why bother bringing it and then (for us) having it sit around...we don't live by an ocean.

Yes, you can snorkel from the beach. There's fish in this area, but I'd sign up for a snorkelling tour instead...much more interresting stuff to see w/ a reef involved.

And, take a step up while at CSS...I highly recommend signing up for the (free) Scuba outting. Just make sure to check the FAQ on this...there's a form you have to fill out when you go thru the short class, and you must have a doctor's note if you had to answer "yes" to any of the health questions.