Default ? for anyone who recently left CN headed home.

How many hours before your flight did your shuttle leave the resort (CN) headed back to Montego Bay?

Our flight out of Montego Bay is on Sunday July 18th at 12:45pm..... I heard a while back that the shuttles are now leaving the resort 6 hours before your flight due to road work..... Wondering if that's true? If it is that would mean that our bus would leave CN at 6:45AM..... OUCH

We had a 1:30pm flight two weeks ago and left the resort at 8:30am. We were there by 10 so had a long wait. You can choose a later shuttle but have to sign a waiver.

count on min 5 hours prior to departure time
    3 hours international flight
    2 hours for the drive from negril to mo bay
    I know other resorts allow you grab a later shuttle ( if avail) however you sign a waiver accepting any risk of a missed flight
    make that last night count !! party like a rock star and worry about sleep when you get home and back to your job

Quote Originally Posted by CMCindyA View Post
    How many hours before your flight did your shuttle leave the resort (CN) headed back to Montego Bay?

Our flight out of Montego Bay is on Sunday July 18th at 12:45pm..... I heard a while back that the shuttles are now leaving the resort 6 hours before your flight due to road work..... Wondering if that's true? If it is that would mean that our bus would leave CN at 6:45AM..... OUCH
    You can book a flight with TIMAIR and leave CN 25 minutes before you have to be at the airport. So if you need to be at the airport 3 hours before your 12:45 flight you can leave CN around 9:20. The Negril airstrip is right across the street from CN. The cost will be about $220 for two people to fly to MoBay.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roclin View Post
    You can book a flight with TIMAIR and leave CN 25 minutes before you have to be at the airport. So if you need to be at the airport 3 hours before your 12:45 flight you can leave CN around 9:20. The Negril airstrip is right across the street from CN. The cost will be about $220 for two people to fly to MoBay.

ENJOY!!!
    That's exactly what we did!!! We have never used TimAir before, we have talked about doing it lots of times but just never did.... I decided to do it this time as a birthday present for my hubby. We are celebrating his birthday while at CN on the 16th, the flight home is on the 18th. He will be expecting/dreading having to take the EARLY shuttle till I surprise him with the Tim Air news on his bday... I'm really excited about it...

Ok, how about if our flight leaves at 805 am (no, I am not kidding). Obviously we are seriously contemplating taking TimAir because of this, but do you really need to be at the airport 3 hrs prior for this early of a flight...I know in the states, many of the airline counters aren't even open that early. I was hoping we could get there at 6 am and still have ample time to spare. Anyone have any insight in regards to this...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnlis View Post
    Ok, how about if our flight leaves at 805 am (no, I am not kidding). Obviously we are seriously contemplating taking TimAir because of this, but do you really need to be at the airport 3 hrs prior for this early of a flight...I know in the states, many of the airline counters aren't even open that early. I was hoping we could get there at 6 am and still have ample time to spare. Anyone have any insight in regards to this...

I'm not sure you can book a TIMAIR flight that erly in the morning. I don't think they can fly when it's dark as there are no lights on the runway in Negril. But don't take my word for it, check with TIMAIR.

You may be able to get away with arriving 2-hours before your flight at that time of day so it may be light enough our around 6:00am for them to fly. Otherwise it will be an early morning.

ENJOY!!!

Jonnlis - you will probably be scheduled to leave to resort around 4am.. 5am at the latest.. You have to check in at least 90 minutes before your departure time at MBJ. Check in online before you leave the resort just in case there are long lines. I believe there are quite a few flights leaving around 8am from when I was researching flight times for our last trip.
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

We just left today and we had the 12:45pm flight out. Our bags had to be out at 7:30am and we took the 8:15am shuttle to airport. Hope that helps

Ugh, sounds like it's going to be a long day of travel for us! As much as I am not a morning person, I know you have to leave the resort so early, that even a later flight doesn't really give you any extra time to lounge on the beach, and we are flying through Miami this year vs Charlotte, and I wanted to make sure we had time to clear customs. I remember one year in Charlotte where we stood in line for hours to get back through security after clearing customs when many people missed their connections. Didn't want that to be us, so I booked the early flight home. Also, as anxious as we are to get to Negril, we are always eager to have that travel day back to the states over with, and we are missing our dogs by then also, so it's good to get home a little earlier....maybe we'll just stay up all night the night before! Anyways, thanks for your help!

We left CN on Thurs June 24. Our flight was at 12:45, had our bags set outside of our room at 7:00 AM and left on a shuttle at 8:30. We had plenty of time once at the airport, but that can change depending on the number of people trying to get thru customs etc.

travandamy, Is this the time CN scheduled your shuttle or did you sign the waver to be allowed to take a later shuttle? 8:30 doesn't sound bad at all.