Thread: Wifi

Default Wifi

Forgive me, this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if the Wifi connection will make it to the beach at CTI? I wanted to bring my laptop and thought "how awesome would it be to sit in the sun playing Texas Holdem!"

I'm guessing it might be too far to get a signal, but thought I'd ask...

-Johnny

We were in Bldg 1 and the connection was iffy. But I wouldn't bring my laptop to the beach. First off, it will be difficult to see because of the sun and second, there are just way too many things that could happen to your laptop. Sand, sun, and water do not make a good mix for computers.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTiffany View Post
    Forgive me, this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if the Wifi connection will make it to the beach at CTI? I wanted to bring my laptop and thought "how awesome would it be to sit in the sun playing Texas Holdem!"

I'm guessing it might be too far to get a signal, but thought I'd ask...

-Johnny
    I have heard that you can get it in the rooms, I know that friends got it on the balcony/veranda that is just outside the lobby overlooking the beach. As the internet cafe is right outside the main pool, you can probably pick it up there also.
    Vicky

During the last trip, I was anticipating some work-related email and I made sure to bring along a flash drive with files I'd need. I figured I'd easily access my email at the computer room at CN. I didn't realize the CPU's are concealed in locked cabinets, so I couldn't use the flash drive. Oops.