Default Where to have lunch @ CTI?

We'll be @ CSS in September and are planning on do the Trading Places and were wondering where we should have lunch. As I understand it, that will be the only meal we'll have the opportunity to eat there so we want to make the most of it! What's not to be missed over there?

Thanks!

Your choices for lunch are the buffet, snack bar and veggie bar. all are good.

I'd suggest the Veggie Bar, mainly because CTI's other two lunch haunts - The Patio for the buffet, and the Pool Grill for burgers, patties, fries, etc - you can pretty much get the same type of chow at the Palazzina and Bella Vista Grill, respectively. The Veggie Bar has a unique menu featuring some really good eats, and healthy to boot as well. They also make some killer fruit & veggie smoothies. And the nicest part about it is it's right on the beach. If you're kicking back on the sand, then you're just steps away from grabbing a bite and heading right back to your spot.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Hmm, first thing is you might be able to get something from the patio buffet when you get there. Then after a couple of hours or less, head to the pool grill for lunch, then before you leave, hit the veggie bar down on the beach. That pretty much covers everything! 7 days until CTI!

Now 6 days until CTI!
    Last edited by Vickyj; June 27th, 2010 at 08:56 AM.
    Vicky

Do a walk-through and check out the menus at each locale. My husband and I stayed at CTI in January 2010. When nothing at the Verandah Restaurant appealed to him but did to me, he would simply order what he wanted from the Beach Grill and bring it over to the Verandah Restaurant so that we could eat together. It worked perfectly.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Do a walk-through and check out the menus at each locale. My husband and I stayed at CTI in January 2010. When nothing at the Verandah Restaurant appealed to him but did to me, he would simply order what he wanted from the Beach Grill and bring it over to the Verandah Restaurant so that we could eat together. It worked perfectly.
    OP was talking about when they do their Trading Spaces day and for that they would return to CSS before Veranda opens. But I like that idea although, we don't seem to have to much of a problem finding something on the menu we like as evident in the usual weight gain each trip.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    OP was talking about when they do their Trading Spaces day and for that they would return to CSS before Veranda opens.
    I understood the OP's post perfectly; I just misspoke, saying "Verandah" instead of "Patio." My point is that, if one-half of a couple prefers what was being served in the main dining area and the other half prefers what was being served at the Beach Grill, it is possible for both partners to get what they want and to eat together in the main dining room.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I understood the OP's post perfectly; I just misspoke, saying "Verandah" instead of "Patio." My point is that, if one-half of a couple prefers what was being served in the main dining area and the other half prefers what was being served at the Beach Grill, it is possible for both partners to get what they want and to eat together in the main dining room.
    Sorry, I did not mean to offend you.
    Vicky

....it is possible for both partners to get what they want and to eat together in the main dining room.
    Actually, what Rosa and I did for the majority of our lunches was to get something from both the Pool Grill and the Veggie Bar, then we'd meet close to either location (depending on who got what first) and snack off each other's plates. That worked out great for us.

I didn't bring this up in my original response being that the OP already has access to similar foods at CSS, so I only offered what is the distinct alternative. But yeah, sharing from two separate eateries can be fun, and CTI's compact size makes it especially easy to do this. Good suggestion.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.