Default Already been to CSS... will we enjoy CN as much?

I know that there have been numerous threads like this... many, many of them, but now we are adding ours as well.
    We have been to CSS twice and we absolutely love it. No complaints at all and we are looking at booking a trip for 2011. I dont think CTI is for us, so now we are looking at CN and CSA, leaning a bit towards CN because of it being smaller and on Bloody Bay. We have been to Negril once, not at a Couples mind you, so we know what to expect beach wise.

Regardless of where we choose, I am hopeful that we will be happy. Part of me would love to go to CN, but i dont want to get there and compare it to CSS. Would we be crazy to try something new when we love CSS or would we be crazy not to try something as well reviewed as CN. Darn Couples for having so many nice properties!! lol

Different people have different tastes, and what appeals to one might not appeal to others. Each of the four resorts has couples who deem it their favorite. You can have a fantastic time at any.

Will you like CN as much as you like CSS? Perhaps not, but the beach at CN is FANTASTIC! I think you'll enjoy CN. We've stayed at all four resorts; CN is our favorite, while CSS is our least favorite.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Hi. We just returned from our first trip to CSS, after three trips to CN. While we would not trade this experience for the world, when we feel "called back" it will be to CN. If you'd like some specific comparisons I'd be glad to help.

Diane

We also love CSS and I personally don't want to go to Negril, my husband does so we booked CN for September 2011. I am just not going to compare the two. I know the vendors will drive my crazy, I go on vacation to get away from the panhandlers I have to deal with everyday. I know the rooms are not going to be as nice or have as great of a view. I have to deal with those things. I just won't go to the beach at CN. I don't expect to like it as much. I am sure it will still be a great time.

We have been to CN 3x and CSS once. We love them both and it is hard to put one above the other. We love them both for different reasons. We love the grounds at CSS and the feeling of being all alone there. SSB is the greatest. But we love to walk the beach at CN and the water and beach can't be beat. We love floating in the ocean for hours on end. The swim up bar is also a lot of fun and we like the nude beach being right on the calm ocean waters and sandy bottom. We like the option of 4 restaurants at night at CN with only one reservation. We like how compact the resort is and that you are never far from anything. CN is very special and I think if you go with an open mind you will have a great time.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I am sure that CN is great... in truth I am leaning towards it. The reviews are great. Maybe what is holding me back from booking there is the fact that the one year we went to Negril, we had rain for one to two hours every afternoon. Obviously not the resorts fault..lol.. and the two times we have gone to SansSouci, we had great weather.
    We are going the last week of February.
    Plus, we can get the penthouse at CSS for the same price as the base room at Couples Negril. We really enjoy sitting on our balcony/patio for breakfast and not sure I would like the room at CN since the base room is what we would be getting.

Different strokes for different folks. We have been to both twice. You will definitely not be disappointed with CN, but, of course, you will compare it. Whether you like it better or not depends on your preferences. CSS is more lush, more romantic, and tends to be more mild. CN, while not noisy, tends to focus more on the daily activities, as there tends to be more participation there. We tend to like CSS beach better because it is private, but CN beach is definitely bigger and, if you like to walk the beach, that might be more appealing. If you like the AN, CSS is better because it's more private. If you like snorkeling, we found that better at CN. The service and food at both are excellent. In short, whichever you choose, you will have a great time. No worries mon!

Maybe, we have been to both and its like 51/49% (or even closer)in favor of one over the other. CSA and CTI are a close 3rd & 4th. You can always do a split and have the best of both sides of the island and an interesting ride or flight as well.

Default Trying another resort

I find your post interesting because we are CN folks and I wanted to try CSS - we booked a great deal for this coming October and then I chickened out and rebooked CN. I am not sure I can go to another couples and NOT compare. We love Negril soooo much that I am so fearful we would be disappointed so we went ahead and chaged our s back to Negril - go with your gut!

Hawgfan:

Hope I'm not reading your post wrong, but please don't miss out on the beach at CN. It's fabulous and there will be very few vendors on Bloody Bay as opposed to the other 5 miles of 7 mile beach (CSA). The few vendors that I did see did not disturb you unless you make direct eye contact or engage them. By few, I mean only a couple a day. The pool at CN is amazing and right next to the beach so I bet, even if you try to avoid the beach, you won't be able to, it'll draw you in, floating on the lounger cushions in Bloody Bay is SO relaxing. The one thing I like is that there were no warnings about jellyfish or sea urchins like at CSS. As far as the room, we found that since CSS was so spread out and we were in G2, we did spend a lot of time in the room and on the balcony, but at CN it is more compact, not to suggest crowded at all, so we really did spend less time in the room. One more thing, while I enjoyed the food and room service at CSS, I still much prefer the food at CN. The breakfast and lunch buffets are 3x CSS, probably because of more guests and the a-la-carte restaurants menus change daily and are posted outside the restaurant. OK, still one more thing, I'd suggest upgrading at least one category of room (small price) to avoid being at the back of the resort, not that the walk is a problem, just that you may hear a bit of road noise. If you're not light sleepers it won't be a problem at all. Or you may have enough romance reward credits to get a freebie upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    CN is very special and I think if you go with an open mind you will have a great time.
    I think those are key words right there. Juli is right, CN is very special. I think it's a stunning resort, we loved our all-too-brief stay there.

But if you've ever spent a lot of time reading up on this board, you must already know that when trying a new resort, you simply have to go with an open mind. Allow yourself to realize that Couples does it right with all four of their properties, yet allows each to have its own special character. There are features and qualities about CSS that none of the other resorts can match, yet you would find CN has its own outstanding qualities making it unique. And likewise with CSA and CTI.

But it starts up here (you'll just have to imagine me pointing to my head). If you don't think you can try another Couples property with an open mind, then stick with your first love. Good luck in whichever you decide.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

CN was our first love(3x). Then we tried CSS(2x) and fell in love with it too. I really cant tell you which one I like better. They are totally different resorts.
    You wont get that wonderful room service that you get at CSS but I think you will probably be happy you tried CN afterwards.
    There are 2 things they have in common, the both have the famous Couples service with a smile and delicious food!
    Travel Agent to the Stars!
    Oh, sorry, got carried away.
    But I am a Couples Preferred Agent.

CN 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011 CSS 2006, 2007 CSA 2007, 2011 CTI 2009

HAWGFAN... We have been to CN twice and we have never been bothered by vendors. The vendors that Couples lets in on their grounds are the nicest people and have never pestered us to buy anything. We had 3 musicians come along on the beach and when we encouraged them they came and gave us a private concert. We gave them a $5 tip because they were so good and we really enjoyed them. And when they were done they moved on. We have heard about vendors being a problem at CSA but that could be because you can walk into town from CSA. The beach at CN is wonderful. You won't be able to resist the beach. We sincerely hope you have a GREAT time at CN. We think you'll love it. CSS is our favorite but we still go back and forth to CN for the beach and CAT Cruise.

Thanks for everyones great replies... Yes, we going to Negril for sure. 99% sure it'll be CN but you never know, we could at the last minute choose CSA because its a bit larger. But no matter where we choose, I know we will love it and that is the most important thing!

Tanline:

We also stayed in G at CSS and hope to again next month. I booked a beachfront suite at Couples Negril, having an ocean view room is important to me because it is not common for me to get up 4 or 5 hours before my husband. I am really hoping the vendors dont bother me.

Hi Hawgfan! I noticed your name and HAD to reply! I am too a Hog fan! Love me some Razorbacks! I also had to reply when I noticed you booked for Sept 2011! My hubby and I also booked CN for Sept 2011! When will you be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicandaisy View Post
    I know that there have been numerous threads like this... many, many of them, but now we are adding ours as well.
    We have been to CSS twice and we absolutely love it. No complaints at all and we are looking at booking a trip for 2011. I dont think CTI is for us, so now we are looking at CN and CSA, leaning a bit towards CN because of it being smaller and on Bloody Bay. We have been to Negril once, not at a Couples mind you, so we know what to expect beach wise.

Regardless of where we choose, I am hopeful that we will be happy. Part of me would love to go to CN, but i dont want to get there and compare it to CSS. Would we be crazy to try something new when we love CSS or would we be crazy not to try something as well reviewed as CN. Darn Couples for having so many nice properties!! lol
    ....We have only been to CN (going to CSS in October), so can't really compare. But did love CN, think you will as well.

Quote Originally Posted by meg&clay11 View Post
    Hi Hawgfan! I noticed your name and HAD to reply! I am too a Hog fan! Love me some Razorbacks! I also had to reply when I noticed you booked for Sept 2011! My hubby and I also booked CN for Sept 2011! When will you be there?
    August 30 -September 7. Have to be back before football season.

We have been to Negril and I didnt find the vendors etc bad at all.. A quick no thanks was all that was needed and it seemed that after a day or two they seem to know that you aren't "new" to the beach and they hassle you less.
    No problem mon.

We went to CN 2 years ago, and loved it. There is a fab atmosphere and we are only going to CSS in September, as my other half will never return to the same place.

Enjoy!
    WWG

I thought about that. Our anniversary is Sept 15, so we'll be there Sept 13-20My dad, who is now passed, has had tickets for over 30 years! We're pretty die hard!

We'll let you know . . . leaving in 3 days for CN for the first time, then back to CSS, which we absolutely love.